Great Sabbath Bloody Sabbath cover with female vocals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Sabbath Bloody Sabbath cover with female vocals

I like it, much better than the Black Sabbath, the song, cover and that female guitarists is equally impressive... that song is sung so high you almost need a female to sing it..
    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

Saw that on the TV-show (Thomas Seltzer from Turboneger's own "talk-show"), Hedvig Mollestad is a great jazz & metal guitarist, and the band she's got with her on that clip is fantastic. I know the bass-player from his earlier band Cadillac. But i fucking hate how that pop-bitch Gabrielle absolutely ruins the whole song with those pop "R&B" melody lines. Which is why i didn't post it when it was shown some weeks, maybe couple of months ago.

Take away the vocals and it's a great cover, but i can't for the whole of my mind understand how Thomas Selzer, or anyone in the band could allow this to happen...

Way too short guitar-solo, though...
      Last edited by Billy Underdog; 05-03-2014, 01:52 PM.
      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
        Saw that on the TV-show (Thomas Seltzer from Turboneger's own "talk-show"), Hedvig Mollestad is a great jazz & metal guitarist, and the band she's got with her on that clip is fantastic. I know the bass-player from his earlier band Cadillac. But i fucking hate how that pop-bitch Gabrielle absolutely ruins the whole song with those pop "R&B" melody lines. Which is why i didn't post it when it was shown some weeks, maybe couple of months ago.

Take away the vocals and it's a great cover, but i can't for the whole of my mind understand how Thomas Selzer, or anyone in the band could allow this to happen...

Way too short guitar-solo, though...
        Yea I agree Billy, she does inflect a soulful blues delivery, though I don't hate it as muc as you do...
        "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

Comment

I think it sucks. Her standing there just wiggling her arms is pretty lame too. Her voice is week. Nothing impressive about it.

Comment

Take away the vocals and it's just fine, plus her standing up there like she's some wannabe hip hop ho the way she's waving her arms around, is a turn off.
            Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 05-03-2014, 04:27 PM.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I like it. The guitar work is very tastefully done. A lot of people doing covers could seriously take lessons from that girl. This is how you approach a classic.

The bass and drums are very good also.

The lead singer can sing but they'd need to get the 'American Idol' out of her to really take their thing to the next level, IMO.
              "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
              -WTB

Comment

I like the music, don't like her vocals. She's no Ozzy, sorry.

Comment

I actually like the Cardigans Sabbath covers.

Comment

Originally posted by Foul Stench View Post
                    I don't even know their names.
                    Really? You don't pay attention to Norwegian pop-charts?
                    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Zee View Post
                      I like the music, don't like her vocals. She's no Ozzy, sorry.
                      No one can sing Ozzy songs but Ozzy!!!
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Least now I know what it would sound like if stevie nicks covered a sabbath tune,
                        Music was pretty good though.

Stick to your day job sugar
                        Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Now this is a Sabbath cover...
                          http://www.usatoday.com/story/popcan...bbath/8760663/
                          In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

Band = Pretty good. Singer = F*cking Awful.
                            Good Beer is the perfect blend of Art & Science.

Comment

Not a bad cover, but the vocals stink to high heaven, so I'd give it a 6 out of 10 overall.
                              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Working...
                              X