Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Tony iommi: 'hyde park could be sabbath's last gig'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LouiST View Post
    I really don't know if I'll ever have the chance to see them :(
    I feel for you. I made sure I saw them this time around since I was uncertain of their future because of Tony's health and just the fact that things could have fell apart for other reasons. So I hope things work out and you have your chance.

Comment

Could be, or could be a little bit of PR to sell tickets.
      Hyde park is fucking HUGE!!
      This one ain't gonna be a sell out... Could do if it's their last ever concert though. wink wink,
      Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 05-19-2014, 07:49 PM.
      Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Truly grateful they toured Australia one last time.

Comment

They will play more shows again.

Comment

Maybe wrong thread but

Apparently they played
            Wicked World last night
            in Abu Dhabi
            I hope they keep it on the setlist Only a week until I see them at Sweden Rock Festival

War Pigs
            Into the Void
            Under the Sun/Every Day Comes and Goes
            Snowblind
            Age of Reason
            Black Sabbath
            Wicked World
            (First time live since August 22, 1975)
            Behind the Wall of Sleep
            N.I.B.
            (Preceded by "Bassically" … more)
            End of the Beginning
            Fairies Wear Boots
            Rat Salad
            (with Drum Solo)
            Iron Man
            God Is Dead?
            Dirty Women
            Children of the Grave
            Encore:
            Paranoid
            (with "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" intro)

Ozzy sounds great.This is the only video i find on youtube
            Last edited by svullo; 05-30-2014, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by svullo View Post
              Maybe wrong thread but

Apparently they played
              Wicked World last night
              in Abu Dhabi
              I hope they keep it on the setlist Only a week until I see them at Sweden Rock Festival

War Pigs
              Into the Void
              Under the Sun/Every Day Comes and Goes
              Snowblind
              Age of Reason
              Black Sabbath
              Wicked World
              (First time live since August 22, 1975)
              Behind the Wall of Sleep
              N.I.B.
              (Preceded by "Bassically" … more)
              End of the Beginning
              Fairies Wear Boots
              Rat Salad
              (with Drum Solo)
              Iron Man
              God Is Dead?
              Dirty Women
              Children of the Grave
              Encore:
              Paranoid
              (with "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" intro)

Ozzy sounds great.This is the only video i find on youtube
              Thanks svullo! I have been looking for footage from last nights show. Glad to know that WW is back in the set. That was long over due.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                False. Someone who was there told me the set list is unchanged from other 2014 concerts.
                Too good to be true

Comment

The setlist in Moscow was identical to the one in Abu Dhabi with two exceptions: No Wicked World and no Paranoid (due to technical issues).

The blood runs free
                  The rain turns red
                  Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheSun View Post
                    The setlist in Moscow was identical to the one in Abu Dhabi with two exceptions: No Wicked World and no Paranoid (due to technical issues).
                    There was no WW in Abu Dhabi.

Comment

the show yesterday ended up in a disaster. that was my 15th time with Ozzy & Sabs. But fuck, that was screwed up: right in the middle of "children of the grave" the whole venue PA shut down. obviously the band didn't realize that and proceeded to play the song without pauses, as their monitors were working fine. then they went backstage for a traditional encore with "paranoid"... and simply never returned. that sucked big time. screw PA failure, it doesn't matter who had shitted their pants (venue, which is very much likely, or the band), but to not go out and bow before the fans, even not saying goodbye, that's lame. man, Sabs haven't played Moscow since 1989, and never with Ozzy before. I know that a lot people were waiting for that gig since 70s. and to go out like that, not very professional. the same goes to promoters, actually, no one apologized for the situation. they just switched the lights on and put on 'zeitgeist' 10 mins after the incident.

P.S. actually the band played great (as usual), Ozzy was quite OK. now I'm listening to the recording of the show and he sounds not so perfect, but when I was at the gig, he sounded like superb.
                      Last edited by AlexBarghest; 06-02-2014, 03:04 AM.
                      http://vk.com/barghestboots

Comment

Originally posted by AlexBarghest View Post
                        the show yesterday ended up in a disaster. that was my 15th time with Ozzy & Sabs. But fuck, that was screwed up: right in the middle of "children of the grave" the whole venue PA shut down. obviously the band didn't realize that and proceeded to play the song without pauses, as their monitors were working fine. then they went backstage for a traditional encore with "paranoid"... and simply never returned. that sucked big time. screw PA failure, it doesn't matter who had shitted their pants (venue, which is very much likely, or the band), but to not go out and bow before the fans, even not saying goodbye, that's lame. man, Sabs haven't played Moscow since 1989, and never with Ozzy before. I know that a lot people were waiting for that gig since 70s. and to go out like that, not very professional. the same goes to promoters, actually, no one apologized for the situation. they just switched the lights on and put on 'zeitgeist' 10 mins after the incident.

P.S. actually the band played great (as usual), Ozzy was quite OK. now I'm listening to the recording of the show and he sounds not so perfect, but when I was at the gig, he sounded like superb.
                        Glad to hear they played great, but disappointing how it ended for sure. Maybe the P.A was shut down on purpose because of some time curfew or local laws. Still doesn't explain why they didn't at least come out for a bow and a thankyou though. Maybe they cracked the shits or something.

Comment

I just skimmed through some clips from that show from YouTube. They sounded good sucks how it ended.

Comment

The PA system was not shut off due to some curfew or local laws. It was most likely the result of some intern tripping over a cable, someone pulling the wrong switch at the wrong time, or just hardware failure. As Alex said, the band was unaware of it until they walked off stage. It’s difficult to the reasoning as to why they didn’t come back and face the audience after the show. I guess they didn’t want to disappoint people by not playing Paranoid, but I’m sure most people would have understood that it was beyond their control. Getting up on stage and saying goodbye (even without a working audio system) would have gone a long way. Perhaps the venue advised them not to go back up or something? In any case, I don’t know how it all ended up, because as soon as I heard Zeitgeist, that was my cue to get out. As far as I know, there was been no official Sab statement about this yet. The only thing I found resembling an apology comes from here: http://vk.com/wall-4921329?own=1

Overall though, I really liked the show. I saw them back in 2005, but this time it was a lot better in my opinion, perhaps because the setlist was more to my liking. Ozzy sounded fantastic for the most part. That had been my main worry before the concert, especially after hearing youube clips from the Australian and NA tours. The only time he was noticeably out of key was on Age of Reason and partly on God is Dead, but it didn’t take anything away from the overall experience and I’m very happy they kept those songs in the setlist.

The song that was the most appreciated by the audience, at least where I stood, was clearly Iron Man. Next to me, a man who must have been in his mid-fifties (Sunday shirt, glasses, bald spot) just lost it when he heard Iommi making those introductory string bends. At that point, it just struck me that he might have started listening to Sabbath when Brezhnev (!) was still around. It’s amazing that music can have that effect on people. My favorite song of the night was Under the Sun, though. Even if most people probably probably hadn’t heard it before they played it, it went down really well and everybody started jumping like crazy during the main riff.

The blood runs free
                            The rain turns red
                            Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

Alex, glad the show was great. I'll bet that "officials" threw the switch and did not allow the band to go out for a curtain call. I highly doubt that the Sabs were behind these bad manners. Give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.
                              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheSun View Post
                                My favorite song of the night was Under the Sun
                                I would never have guessed that...
                                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                                Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Working...
                                X