X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albrecht
    replied
    Originally posted by ChildoftheGrave
    I wish I had such a professor at college. I don't regret though that I chose Hardcore/Heavy Metal course at Berklee College of Music years ago and Robert Schlink was our instructor. I used to
    domyhomeworkonline a lot on the science and history of heavy metal and the stuff, but even written tasks didn't overshadow my hopes to find a job in the music field.

Hi,
    I bet everyone here is wishing the same Does Berklee still offer the course in Hardcore/Heavy Metal?

Leave a comment:

• WallOfSleep
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    Saw this and could only imagine how cool it would be to be one of those students he'll be teaching.

Frankly, Iommi is not a guy who delves into too much detail about his approach. Maybe it's an "old school" thing but he doesn't seem to give away many secrets.

I think he's one of the Top 10 rock composers in history. He works in lots of subtleties and can also write more involved, epic stuff without it sounding like stuff that's just thrown together. Sometimes, I think of where something like "The Thrill Of It All" starts and where it ends and it's hard to comprehend how smoothly he gets there. He really has a knack for not forcing anything just to have another part. In fact, I'd argue that his restraint has been one of his most important compositional attributes.

I suspect that musicians who are fortunate enough to be in one of his classes could learn a lot.
    I agree with everything you said here. I too am envious of those lucky few who will actually get to sit at the feet of the master. I've always felt that Tony's compositional skills were overlooked - especially by guitar magazines who fawn all over less talented writers. Where is Coventry anyway?

Leave a comment:

• mikesline
    replied
    Good To Hear He Is Doing Things Like This,This Tells Me He Is Feeling Healthy & I Hope He Does Things Like This More After Tour Ends, He Has Recorded,Toured All His Adult Life,I Bet He Don't Know What The Future Holds For Him Or Sabbath ,But I Hope He Does Things Like This Or Even Help His Daughter Out With Her Music Career,Although it's Going Ok Without Him,To Find a Life Without Music & Touring Will Be New To Him ,I Know He Will Have a Better Time Off Then Ozzy Will !

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Saw this and could only imagine how cool it would be to be one of those students he'll be teaching.

Frankly, Iommi is not a guy who delves into too much detail about his approach. Maybe it's an "old school" thing but he doesn't seem to give away many secrets.

I think he's one of the Top 10 rock composers in history. He works in lots of subtleties and can also write more involved, epic stuff without it sounding like stuff that's just thrown together. Sometimes, I think of where something like "The Thrill Of It All" starts and where it ends and it's hard to comprehend how smoothly he gets there. He really has a knack for not forcing anything just to have another part. In fact, I'd argue that his restraint has been one of his most important compositional attributes.

I suspect that musicians who are fortunate enough to be in one of his classes could learn a lot.

Leave a comment:

• TONY IOMMI Takes Up Teaching At Coventry University

BLACK SABBATH Guitarist TONY IOMMI Takes Up Teaching At Coventry University

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bla...IqMHsH0UPoo.99
Working...
X