Tony posts on Facebook that he's in the studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony posts on Facebook that he's in the studio

Tony's latest Facebook post says that he's in the studio writing and listening to some of his old song ideas. He then says that he doesn't know where these will end up. It sounds like he's by himself. He also says this is normal for him on his down time.
    Here's hoping these ideas end up on a new Sabbath album!
    In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
    The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

I think it would be cool if him and Geezer started another band....Sabbath did what they intended to do which was record a new album and tour. Now imagine them with a young singer and powerful drummer,they would be explosive.

Comment

Einstein returns his office.
        "Nobody will ever let you know when you ask the reasons why.
        They just tell you that you're on your own, fill your head all full of lies."

Comment

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
          I think it would be cool if him and Geezer started another band....Sabbath did what they intended to do which was record a new album and tour. Now imagine them with a young singer and powerful drummer,they would be explosive.
          I'd rather not imagine that. If I'm imagining things, I'm imagining Sabbath with Bill Ward!

Comment

Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
            I'd rather not imagine that. If I'm imagining things, I'm imagining Sabbath with Bill Ward!
            Yeah, and Ozzy mutherfuckin' Osbourne.
            Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Originally posted by Never Satisfied View Post
              Yeah, and Ozzy mutherfuckin' Osbourne.
              Don't forget Geezer.

Comment

[QUOTE=WallOfSleep;373097]I'd rather not imagine that. If I'm imagining things, I'm imagining Sabbath with Bill Ward![/QUOT

Bill Ward is not going to be doing anything with the band, he has walked out on them too many times....He cant even release his own albums that are finished.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                  Don't forget Geezer.
                  Oh, I DIDN'T forget Geezer. I'll forget about the cool young singer and I can forget easily about Tommy, who can't seem to play Iron Man correctly.
                  Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
                    Bill Ward is not going to be doing anything with the band, he has walked out on them too many times....He cant even release his own albums that are finished.
                    Hey, I can imagine can't I?

Comment

yes you can my friend. As I do also. lol

Comment

Of my 3 favorite guitarists, Jimmy Page is all but retired, and has become the curator of the Zeppelin legacy. He does not play anymore, and the last new track that he introduced was on the video, "It Might Get Loud", in 2009. David Gilmour is good for one new album every 10 years, and has one coming out soon, but he is verging on full retirement. Only Tony has been active, and remains committed to his passion of playing, so I am thrilled to hear this news. It is so easy, and understandable to want to retire at this stage of life, so the fact that Tony wants to carry on is a blessing for us fans. Clearly, interpersonal relations between the members were not an issue, as they have been I the past, so I am optimistic for a chance at another Sabbath album. Despite hopes, there will be no Bill. It's not in the cards.
                        Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

well said Now in Darkness. Bill spent much of his musical career being a recluse. The guy could still kick some major A$$ on drums in the studio,but it is clear he cant follow through on commitments. Tony does not have the patience anymore..I hope the best for Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                            I am optimistic for a chance at another Sabbath album. Despite hopes, there will be no Bill. It's not in the cards.
                            NID, I hope you are well brother.

I am very optimistic as well, I have a gut feeling we will have Bill back in the fold, I dreamt it!
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                              NID, I hope you are well brother.

I am very optimistic as well, I have a gut feeling we will have Bill back in the fold, I dreamt it!
                              I'm okay OID. The loss of my Mom still pains me, but life does go on. I still feel her presence with everything I do. I know she is at peace.

Without a crystal ball, it is hard to know if Bill will be back in. If I'm in their shoes, I would see Bill as the sentimental brother, but given the way things went with "13" and the subsequent tour, I would not be willing to open the door to drama and uncertainty. The lesson learned over the past 2 years is that life easily goes on without Bill. I think that Ozzy, Geezer, and Tony would prefer to keep things functional and forward moving; they are too old to build in complications and issues. It's a bit like the ex-girlfriend: she was the best cook ever, but life with her around was to filled with drama. Only time will tell buddy.
                              Last edited by Now in Darkness; 09-20-2014, 01:31 PM.
                              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Working...
                              X