Announcement

Collapse

Google Ads Question

Hey gang. I just posted something asking about Google Ads on my website. I'd like people's input (and help possibly) on this. Please go over here and have a read:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...ads#post645883

--- Joe
See more
See less

So, the Internet thinks there's a 2015 Black Sabbath album coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, the Internet thinks there's a 2015 Black Sabbath album coming?

Well. I wouldn't get too excited quite yet.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/2014/09...-in-2015-well/

I'm not saying it can't happen, or won't happen. What I *AM* saying is don't accept this story as gospel fact. Cuz NOTHING has been announced yet. Despite what you'll read today.
    Last edited by Joe Siegler; 09-29-2014, 10:51 AM.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

The original version of the article talked about it being their fourteenth studio album. Somewhere in the morning it was changed to..

"Although the trio have no new material written for what will be Sabbath's twentieth studio album,"

Going by 20 that doesn't count "The Devil You Know", which I realize isnt' "technically/legally" a Black Sabbath album, but still. This is the list:

Black Sabbath
    Paranoid
    Master of Reality
    Volume 4
    Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
    Sabotage
    Technical Ecstasy
    Never Say Die!
    Heaven and Hell
    Mob Rules
    Born Again
    Seventh Star
    The Eternal Idol
    Headless Cross
    Tyr
    Dehumanizer
    Cross Purposes
    Forbidden

As for "doesn't have anything written", there are the four leftover tracks from 13. But given this story isn't confirmed anyway, no bloody clue what will happen with those four songs.
    Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Thank god it's only speculation!, not sure my liver could handle another sabbath album

To both metal hammer and classic rock magazines credit they tend not to report on stuff which isn't factual or at least to the best of thier knowledge anyway.
      I only buy those two rock mags.

WAHOOO!!!!

But even if it is confirmed, a lot can happen between now and mid 2015, especially with a band with the track record that sabbath has,
      I'll save my real celebrations for when they are wrapping up in the studio,
      With a Mr bill ward behind the kit thus time hopefully.
      Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 09-29-2014, 01:07 PM.
      Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Black Sabbath is where the money is and Sharon is involved... 50/50 chance it's happening

Comment

Originally posted by thewizard View Post
          Black Sabbath is where the money is and Sharon is involved... 50/50 chance it's happening
          Ha, very true!,
          I just hope she does what she can to get bill back on board this time, I hope the other 3 really try too as well.
          If that happens my excitement will go through the friggin roof!!

Comment

I'm pretty sure there will be another album and it will have Bill playing on it. But these days I don't get excited until it's in the can and there's an official release date. Sabbath being Sabbath something always goes wrong!

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
            Well. I wouldn't get too excited quite yet.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/2014/09...-in-2015-well/

I'm not saying it can't happen, or won't happen. What I *AM* saying is don't accept this story as gospel fact. Cuz NOTHING has been announced yet. Despite what you'll read today.

Comment

Where there is smoke, there is fire. There have been a number of comments and innuendo along the way, from the band members themselves, to suggest that this is something they want to do. If neither Geezer nor Tony go public with a media correction, or contrary statement, then I think it will be safe to assume that they are showing some degree of tacit agreement with Ozzy's statement. That's not to say that everything couldn't go for a bad turn, as it is Sabbath after all. I don't think you give specifics like Ozzy did, in his statement, without there having been some genuine back room discussions on which he has founded his sense of optimism.
              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

we have got to have bill back especially on the album and if he could cut a full tour that would be great too.

Comment

It's still a long way to releasing a whole new album, but this news sounds very exhilarating and life-affirming.

I'll hope and pray that everything goes well with the guys and the recording process.

I'll gladly welcome another and this time the final album from the heavy metal masters, Black Sabbath. Let's have a great blast one more fucking time!
                  "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                    It's still a long way to releasing a whole new album, but this news sounds very exhilarating and life-affirming.

I'll hope and pray that everything goes well with the guys and the recording process.

I'll gladly welcome another and this time the final album from the music masters, Black Sabbath. Let's have a great blast one more fucking time!
                    Same here,
                    Sorry for when I've been a dick in the past sabbath man, start a fresh?

Comment

It does look promising, but it's based in nothing solid really. Even if these quotes were in audio or video form, it's not exactly the signal that a new record is imminent.

However if the quotes are real, and Classic Rock being a reputable source you'd be ok to assume so, then it at least shows Ozzy is up for it, and that's been the main sticking point of this in the past.

I think the main thing to take from this is: It's moving in the right direction.
                      Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
                      The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

Not saying it wont happen, but Sharon has pre-announced albums and Anniversary tours that never transpired, supposingly just to keep her clients in the news. Time will tell. Just hope Rubin becomes too busy to work with Sabbath and they need to bring in someone that will let them be the band they are now, and not who Rubin wants them to be now.
                        The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

This will happen, I can feel it.
                          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by devstorm View Post
                            Not saying it wont happen, but Sharon has pre-announced albums and Anniversary tours that never transpired, supposingly just to keep her clients in the news. Time will tell. Just hope Rubin becomes too busy to work with Sabbath and they need to bring in someone that will let them be the band they are now, and not who Rubin wants them to be now.
                            I agree dev,
                            Rubin was a vital ingredient to 13, I doubt it even would've got made without him tbh,
                            Now the dust has settled do I want rubin doing the next one?
                            It all depends on just how big a sabbath fan he is,
                            If we end up with a 13.5 then he obviously doesn't have a clue.
                            I'll still buy it and love it though,
                            Kitchen sink time if this is to be the last one.
                            No boundaries,
                            No fear,
                            No genres,
                            Just sabbath.

Comment

Bill Ward will be back on board this time around.

Doc thanks for the great news and info you left on my voicemail, your word is as good as gold and I take it for what its worth and its worth plenty!
                              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                              X