Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, the Internet thinks there's a 2015 Black Sabbath album coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i was only listening to symptom of the universe last night and hes singing on their like he never has before and then you have the acoustic break at the end which i love and showcases that the bloke could sing and sing well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
      "Ozzy couldn't carry a tune in a suitcase" LOL

As untrue as that was, that was a pretty good line.
      People have to remember that when Dio said this, it was felt that Ozzy was claiming to have written not only Sabbath's lyrics, but the music as well.

The other line I remember from Dio was something along the lines of: "Anyone who could even compare Ozzy to me, vocally, either has to be totally stupid or completely deaf."
      "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
      -WTB

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
        People have to remember that when Dio said this, it was felt that Ozzy was claiming to have written not only Sabbath's lyrics, but the music as well. The other line I remember from Dio was something along the lines of: "Anyone who could even compare Ozzy to me, vocally, either has to be totally stupid or completely deaf."
        A stupid claim since Ozzy and Geezer did a joint interview (nsd or te eras i cant recall) where Geezers lyrics were a subject of the conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by OIM View Post
          A stupid claim since Ozzy and Geezer did a joint interview (nsd or te eras i cant recall) where Geezers lyrics were a subject of the conversation.
          Well, Ozzy's PR camp was out of control by late 1982. I still remember seeing the first advertisement for Speak Of The Devil in Circus or whatever with a blurb along the lines of: "Hear the songs Ozzy wrote and made famous" or somesuch. I couldn't believe it. My guess is that they decided since Ozzy had co-writing credits on all the Sabbath material that they couldn't be sued for leaving out the import "co-" factor. But I think he even mentioned it before that, because Dio started losing it interviews around late 1981. That's when the "I doubt Ozzy could carry a tune if you put it in a suitcase and handed it to him." line came out. That was from an interview Dio did for Q107 in Toronto in November, '81. And it was in reference to Ozzy apparently having claimed that he wrote the lyrics and music in Sabbath.
          Last edited by Jeff; 10-09-2014, 01:56 PM.
          "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
          -WTB

Comment

• One thing Ozzy could do that Dio couldn't was sing over anything (and this ended up drastically changing the sound of Sabbath). Dio needed chord structure (like most singers do) and he also was not a fan of tempo changes. With Ozzy, Tony could write any riff, with as many tempo changes and riff changes as he wanted and Ozzy was still able to come up with brilliant vocal melodies. Most singers cannot do that. The same thing happened when Chris Cornell joined Audioslave, the band had to drastically change the way they made music to accommodate an actual singer. So, while Ozzy may have his limitations vocally, he also has strengths that other singers don't have.
            In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

• ^^^ What he said! I think both Ozzy and Dio are awesome in their own way. Had Sabbath brought in an Ozzy clone instead of Ronnie, it would have just been stupid, especially since Ozzy and his capabilities are so unique to him. Ronnie also being such a unique talent and monster of a voice, brought something special that only he could to the Sabbath tapestry. It's all apples and oranges and I like them both!!
              Anyway, What's the internet supposed to think when Ozzy says Black Sabbath is going to do another album? Although it has been quiet since that little gem from Classic Rock(?) came out. Also, just noticed my post count is at 1,994, Think I'll give Cross Purposes a listen.
              Last edited by Axe fiend; 10-09-2014, 07:09 PM.
              We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Axe fiend View Post
                ^^^ What he said! I think both Ozzy and Dio are awesome in their own way. Had Sabbath brought in an Ozzy clone instead of Ronnie, it would have just been stupid, especially since Ozzy and his capabilities are so unique to him. Ronnie also being such a unique talent and monster of a voice, brought something special that only he could to the Sabbath tapestry. It's all apples and oranges and I like them both!!
                Anyway, What's the internet supposed to think when Ozzy says Black Sabbath is going to do another album? Although it has been quiet since that little gem from Classic Rock(?) came out. Also, just noticed my post count is at 1,994, Think I'll give Cross Purposes a listen.
                Black Sabbath didn't hire an Ozzy clone because it is impossible for anybody to hire an Ozzy clone.... Ozzy is a one of kind unique talented singer. There is only one Elvis.... aka Ozzy Osbourne. 99% of heavy metal bands on the planet would hire an Ozzy clone if it was possible.

Regarding a new Black Sabbath album... I hope Black Sabbath doesn't make any kind of announcement that they are recording a new album. I hope they just record it with as little pressure as possible. When it is finally recorded then they can tell the media about the new album and everybody will be stoked... and having Bill Ward as the drummer would be icing on the cake!! I think it is a good sign is that there has been no mention of when the new 4 bonus tracks will be released. I think Black Sabbath would have a release date for the bonus tracks by now if they weren't planning to record a new album.
                Last edited by thewizard; 10-10-2014, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thewizard View Post
                  Black Sabbath didn't hire an Ozzy clone because it is impossible for anybody to hire an Ozzy clone.... Ozzy is a one of kind unique talented singer. There is only one Elvis.... aka Ozzy Osbourne. 99% of heavy metal bands on the planet would hire an Ozzy clone if it was possible.

Regarding a new Black Sabbath album... I hope Black Sabbath doesn't make any kind of announcement that they are recording a new album. I hope they just record it with as little pressure as possible. When it is finally recorded then they can tell everybody about the new album and everybody will be stoked... and having Bill Ward as the drummer would be icing on the cake!! I think it is a good sign is that there has no mention of when the bonus tracks will be released. I think Black Sabbath would have a release date for the bonus tracks by now if they weren't thinking about recording a new album.
                  'thewizard' speaks the truth!
                  Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

• It really isn't crazy to think they may just write 4 or 5 new songs then just tack on the other 4 from the 13 session and there you have it. And working again with Rick Rubin lends to that possibility also. If Geezer mentioned the possibility of that.

It's been well documented on this site that those 4 songs are high quality. MikeX said one of them was a 7 Minute epic that may have been his favorite song of the entire recording sessions.
                    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                      It really isn't crazy to think they may just write 4 or 5 new songs then just tack on the other 4 from the 13 session and there you have it. And working again with Rick Rubin lends to that possibility also. If Geezer mentioned the possibility of that.

It's been well documented on this site that those 4 songs are high quality. MikeX said one of them was a 7 Minute epic that may have been his favorite song of the entire recording sessions.
                      But hasn't Tony always said that he never uses any left overs...he always prefers to write new stuff for new albums...

It is highly possible that those 4 tracks will never see the light of day...or maybe one day when there will be a 13 deluxe edition.

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                        It really isn't crazy to think they may just write 4 or 5 new songs then just tack on the other 4 from the 13 session and there you have it. And working again with Rick Rubin lends to that possibility also. If Geezer mentioned the possibility of that.

Tony's latest post at Black Sabbath.com said he was in the studio working on old riffs.... "Yes, I've have been in the studio writing and listening to some of my earlier ideas for songs, it's what I do when I'm not on the road not sure where they'll end up yet."

Maybe the riffs he is working on are the extra riffs from the 13 sessions. Mike X said that the band had some songs/riffs that they didn't develop into full songs yet. Hopefully Tony is working on those songs...

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
                          But hasn't Tony always said that he never uses any left overs...he always prefers to write new stuff for new albums...
                          He has said that but I think this is different. Those songs were not left off the album because they weren't any good, they were left off because Rick Rubin didn't think they were 'old school Sabbathy' enough. So if they decide to use those tracks, they'll be taking a step away from the direction they went on 13. (And I think that's a good thing.)
                          In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

• Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
                            He has said that but I think this is different. Those songs were not left off the album because they weren't any good, they were left off because Rick Rubin didn't think they were 'old school Sabbathy' enough. So if they decide to use those tracks, they'll be taking a step away from the direction they went on 13. (And I think that's a good thing.)
                            Not to mention, Tony did say all 16 tracks were worthy of being released. Assuming that means they'll be used somewhere, some day even if not as a basis for a new album.
                            Last edited by SweetSymptom; 10-11-2014, 01:47 AM.

Comment

• Tony said that they had (not songs) but riff ideas left over from the 13 sessions. They had enough for 2 albums. I think that's what he's talking about. I don't care if they release the 4 extra songs from 13 on this next album or as an ep. Either way is fine by me.

Comment

• Ozzy once again comments on doing another BS album:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozz...-solo-release/

Comment

Working...
                                X