Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, the Internet thinks there's a 2015 Black Sabbath album coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HE SAID ONE MORE SABBATH TOUR! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

obviously an album is good as well but I really want to see them again before it is finished.

Comment

• I don't care if they never tour again. I used to really like live albums and concerts, but to me, I fall in love with the songs and pretty much only want to hear them in their original form. So for me, I don't care if artists continue making records into their 80's and 90's, as long as the material is good enough - it's a studio album, and that's my source of enjoyment. IMO, touring to support a record is no longer necessary or important. I just want more new music!!!

Comment

• for the artists touring is even more important thanks to piracy and falling sales numbers. I number one album used to sell 500,000 units. Most albums can get to number one with 50-60,000 these days. A shame. A newer band would typically get $1 per album and so to get any money out of their work they need to be on the road all the time. Halestorm for example are just always touring, in the 80s it would be great to be in the top 20, now if you are say number twenty you are selling well short of 10,000 copies. :/

Comment

• Agreed, I understand the need to tour for $$$, but I have no personal desire to hear singers & musicians fail to sound good live because they've gotten old and touring takes a toll on their health.

Comment

• Ok, i'll have to be honest with you guys... The reason i've been gone a while is because i've been in Birmingham, keeping very busy. Can't say much, ofcourse, but in (i think about) late spring 2015 you will all get what you're waiting for, but not at all what you expect, or could even dream about.

;-)
            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
            Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• That's cold Billy...bring on the speculation...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                ... but in (i think about) late spring 2015 you will all get what you're waiting for, ....
                Do mean....? Could it possibly be....? Is it finally going to happen.....? ARE WE GOING TO FINALLY GET TO HEAR "THE REBEL" AND "SONG FOR JIM" AT LONG LAST?!?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                  Ok, i'll have to be honest with you guys... The reason i've been gone a while is because i've been in Birmingham, keeping very busy. Can't say much, ofcourse, but in (i think about) late spring 2015 you will all get what you're waiting for, but not at all what you expect, or could even dream about.

;-)
                  Ah so you're the new Sabbath drummer! Well..you better make us proud then!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDMF Jon View Post
                    Do mean....? Could it possibly be....? Is it finally going to happen.....? ARE WE GOING TO FINALLY GET TO HEAR "THE REBEL" AND "SONG FOR JIM" AT LONG LAST?!?!?!

That'd be a Sabbath dream come true for me.

Maybe Billy's on a secret spy mission working for the international DEA.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                      Maybe Billy's on a secret spy mission working for the international DEA.
                      I'm their unofficial disposal unit ;-)
                      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
                        Ah so you're the new Sabbath drummer! Well..you better make us proud then!
                        Ahhh, good call Charger, I missed the wink. DUH!

Comment

• From Blabbermouth.net

In a brand new interview with Esquire.com, Ozzy Osbourne confirmed that BLACK SABBATH will record a new studio album in 2015 and head out on one final tour. He said: "I'm not one of these guys to do my solo stuff one night and BLACK SABBATH the next. I can't do that, you know. It's too much to handle. So with the BLACK SABBATH thing, the record company wants us to do one more record, and we've decided to do one more tour, and at the end of the tour we just disband and I go back to doing my solo stuff. And that's why I released [the solo career retrospective] 'Memoirs Of A Madman', to let people out there know I'm still functioning as a solo artist."

Asked if he has started writing songs for the new BLACK SABBATH album, Ozzy said: "No. Although I texted [guitarist] Tony [Iommi] the other day. I said, 'It would be a great idea if you could send me some musical ideas so I can try and work some melodies around so we don't have to go searching for the song structure.' So I'm not starting from a cold block, you know?"

He added: "What I'm really happy about is, if this is BLACK SABBATH's last hurrah, then we'll have ended it on an up note rather than when I left in 1979 and everybody was fucked up on one thing or another and I was marked out as being the worst, you know. It ended on a bad note, so... The only thing sad about it is I hope [drummer] Bill Ward can get his stuff together to do this because... one of the biggest things I'm proud of in my life was that BLACK SABBATH wasn't a band that was created by some business mogul in London or New York. That we were four guys who had a great idea and it worked from record one, and we still... Would you believe that it took 45 years to get our first No. 1 album in America? It was amazing to me."
                          www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                            From Blabbermouth.net

In a brand new interview with Esquire.com, Ozzy Osbourne confirmed that BLACK SABBATH will record a new studio album in 2015 and head out on one final tour. He said: "I'm not one of these guys to do my solo stuff one night and BLACK SABBATH the next. I can't do that, you know. It's too much to handle. So with the BLACK SABBATH thing, the record company wants us to do one more record, and we've decided to do one more tour, and at the end of the tour we just disband and I go back to doing my solo stuff. And that's why I released [the solo career retrospective] 'Memoirs Of A Madman', to let people out there know I'm still functioning as a solo artist."

Asked if he has started writing songs for the new BLACK SABBATH album, Ozzy said: "No. Although I texted [guitarist] Tony [Iommi] the other day. I said, 'It would be a great idea if you could send me some musical ideas so I can try and work some melodies around so we don't have to go searching for the song structure.' So I'm not starting from a cold block, you know?"

He added: "What I'm really happy about is, if this is BLACK SABBATH's last hurrah, then we'll have ended it on an up note rather than when I left in 1979 and everybody was fucked up on one thing or another and I was marked out as being the worst, you know. It ended on a bad note, so... The only thing sad about it is I hope [drummer] Bill Ward can get his stuff together to do this because... one of the biggest things I'm proud of in my life was that BLACK SABBATH wasn't a band that was created by some business mogul in London or New York. That we were four guys who had a great idea and it worked from record one, and we still... Would you believe that it took 45 years to get our first No. 1 album in America? It was amazing to me."
                            Here's the link to the article:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozz...th-album-tour/

Still good news as far as I'm concerned, and I'm glad they're moving forward. I have no doubt that Bill Ward will NOT be on the album, as he's probably still not got his "poop in a group" as Ozzy was saying. I can hope, but I'm in touch with reality....

Comment

• I liked the part that Ozzy said he text Tony and asked him to send him some music so he could bounce some ideas around. Sounds like of all the members Ozzy is the one most excited to get going on another album. As a fan that is encouraging. Lets be honest, we all thought Ozzy might be the member that would have kept another album from happening due to his solo thing.
                              www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                                I liked the part that Ozzy said he text Tony and asked him to send him some music so he could bounce some ideas around.
                                Same here. And Ozzy obviously got better results than I; last time I texted Tony, I received a restraining order.

Comment

Working...
                                X