Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, the Internet thinks there's a 2015 Black Sabbath album coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Bill Ward will be back on board this time around.

Doc thanks for the great news and info you left on my voicemail, your word is as good as gold and I take it for what its worth and its worth plenty!
    I hope your right bud.
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

This is great news! Like others have said we need bill ward at least playing on the album. 13 was an amazing album. I'm all for rick rubin returning. Hopefully we hear supernaut, symptom of the universe (ozzy singing), sweet leaf, the wizard. Hell play every song. Haha. Im so excited

Comment

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
        Same here,
        Sorry for when I've been a dick in the past sabbath man, start a fresh?
        Hmm, I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, maybe I've missed something while being non-active during the recent past. Oh well, if there was something, let it be forgotten. We have way more important and interesting things in our lives, this new Black Sabbath album being just one of them.
        "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

While "13" would be a decent way to wrap it up (I thought it was mediocre but i'm in the minority) I never believed it would be the last one...unless it flopped. It was a hit and nearly every hit gets a follow-up. If they really want to come full circle it will include Bill Ward as many are saying. Me, personally, I don't want another album of self-plagiarism ala "13". They played it safe so now I hope for something more daring- something heavier for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by oh lord yeah! View Post
            we have got to have bill back especially on the album and if he could cut a full tour that would be great too.

Just like the last time......

NO BILL = PLEASE DON'T WAIT FOR HIM GO AHEAD AND RECORD ANOTHER ALBUM!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post
              While "13" would be a decent way to wrap it up (I thought it was mediocre but i'm in the minority) I never believed it would be the last one...unless it flopped. It was a hit and nearly every hit gets a follow-up. If they really want to come full circle it will include Bill Ward as many are saying. Me, personally, I don't want another album of self-plagiarism ala "13". They played it safe so now I hope for something more daring- something heavier for sure.
              Agreed. I found it to be better than mediocre, but not as great as everyone made it out to be. I want them to be more creative, like Vol. 4, SBS, and Sabotage were. IMO that was the peak of their creativity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                Hmm, I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about, maybe I've missed something while being non-active during the recent past. Oh well, if there was something, let it be forgotten. We have way more important and interesting things in our lives, this new Black Sabbath album being just one of them.
                Cool
                Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

As much as I loved 13, it was trying way too hard to sound like classic Sabbath. I don't get why old artists have to descend into nostalgia like that. Hopefully the new album won't fall victim to the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Electra View Post
                    As much as I loved 13, it was trying way too hard to sound like classic Sabbath. I don't get why old artists have to descend into nostalgia like that. Hopefully the new album won't fall victim to the same thing.
                    I understand the sentiment, although I don't agree at all that reprising the past is a bad thing. There are very few legacy artists that have created such a great piece of work as senior citizens: The Who? No. The Stones? No. Deep Purple? Ya, Now What?! was pretty decent. The list goes on. It is an amazing accomplishment to be able to create an album of this stature and viability, when the rest of the world is listening to Lady Gaga, and the like. Very few legacy artists seem to be able to create works that entice an audience bigger than their core fans. Sabbath did with "13", and despite its detractors, we should really try to consider the bigger picture here. It had the potential to be a turd, but all things considered, it was pretty amazing, and defied the odds when you consider all the sub par albums that their senior citizen peers have released in recent times.
                    Last edited by Now in Darkness; 09-30-2014, 01:08 PM.
                    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                      I understand the sentiment, although I don't agree at all that reprising the past is a bad thing. There are very few legacy artists that have created such a great piece of work as senior citizens: The Who? No. The Stones? No. Deep Purple? Ya, Now What?! was pretty decent. The list goes on. It is an amazing accomplishment to be able to create an album of this stature and viability, when the rest of the world is listening to Lady Gaga, and the like. Very few legacy artists seem to be able to create works that entice an audience bigger than their core fans. Sabbath did with "13", and despite its detractors, we should really try to consider the bigger picture here. It had the potential to be a turd, but all things considered, it was pretty amazing, and defied the odds when you consider all the sub par albums that their senior citizen peers have released in recent times.
                      I could not agree more sir. Bravo! I think 13 was a truly great album, the best album I have had the pleasure of listening to in many years.
                      Life Member of the NRA

Comment

Great post NID!! Dead on. Hope you're doing well.
                        www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Originally posted by gunman42782 View Post
                          .... the best album I have had the pleasure of listening to in many years.
                          What? I love you man, but there's a lot of other recent albums out there that were better than "13."

Comment

Originally posted by Electra View Post
                            Hi Electra, are you female? Welcome to the board.
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                              Hi Electra, are you female? Welcome to the board.
                              OID, you're not a horn dog are you?

Electra sure sounds like a guy to me.
                              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

OID, you're not a horn dog are you?

Electra sure sounds like a guy to me.
                                lol no I'm not NID, the name Electra sounds female, I just want to be sure who I'm talking with on the forum.

I thought Badactress was a female and come to find out she's a he.
                                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                                X