Announcement

Collapse

Google Ads Question

Hey gang. I just posted something asking about Google Ads on my website. I'd like people's input (and help possibly) on this. Please go over here and have a read:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...ads#post645883

--- Joe
See more
See less

So, the Internet thinks there's a 2015 Black Sabbath album coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I saw today tbe story hit Rolling Stone.com news. The story has an unconfirmed life of its own at this point.
    The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Lest we forget this time round
      A key ingredient

Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

If Rick Rubin does produce another album, my excitement will be reduced by a very large percent.

Comment

Originally posted by Electra View Post
          As much as I loved 13, it was trying way too hard to sound like classic Sabbath. I don't get why old artists have to descend into nostalgia like that. Hopefully the new album won't fall victim to the same thing.
          I didn't get that feeling at all.
          Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Typhon View Post
            I didn't get that feeling at all.
            Me either.

Comment

Let's hope we don't get Rick Rubin this time.
              Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
              Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
              In the age of reason, how do we survive?
              The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

So, I've been in the hospital the past couple days, had an organ carved out of my torso, and finally get back home and discover all this hubub about Sabbath's future plans. I can't tell if its the pain killers or if its real at this point, but more Sabbath could never be a bad thing!
                gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

I hate to disappoint some of you guys but Rick Rubin will indeed be producing again. I was hoping they would find some other big name to produce it. I want Bill Ward back but only if he wants to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
                    I hate to disappoint some of you guys but Rick Rubin will indeed be producing again. I was hoping they would find some other big name to produce it. I want Bill Ward back but only if he wants to do it.
                    Who else is there? Bob Rock? The douche who brought us St. Anger? bob Marlette? Everyone seems to hate Psycho Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Electra View Post
                      As much as I loved 13, it was trying way too hard to sound like classic Sabbath. I don't get why old artists have to descend into nostalgia like that. Hopefully the new album won't fall victim to the same thing.
                      What? The band was sounding like the band. What else could anybody want or expect? It's a fuckin Sabbath album so it sounds like Sabbath. You don't get Ozzy, Tony and Geezer together and not expect it to sound like Sabbath.

Newflash: They are a nostalgia act. Sabbath is a 46 year old band. The members are approaching their 70s. The Osbourne-Iommi-Butler lineup had been defunct for 34 years. Their heyday was the music of the 1970s. The present interest in Sabbath is based on nostalgia as much as it is in the awesome music. How many people who saw Sabbath believe that modern music is rotten horseshit? Exactly. It's a nostalgia act.

Lets not pretend that 13 is the culmination of a decades-long period of artistic collaboration. Dio died and prematurely ended Heaven and Hell, everybody realized that time is running out and a decision was made to give it a go and see what happens. Anyone expecting another Sabbath Bloody Sabbath or Technical Ecstasy or whatever was kidding themselves. Those albums were made after years of regular collaboration, artistic expression and quite a bit of "Well what now?"

So what did they come up with? They came up with an album that sounds how it should. It's not progressive and groundbreaking, it's nostalgic. But is there anything wrong with that? I don't think so at all, because Black Sabbath is the fucking shit and the album kicks ass. Saying the album sounds too much like old Sabbath is, well... Old Sabbath is awesome. Even if it's derivative at worse thats still pretty amazing.

The good thing is that the train has been started again. The creative juices are flowing and there is an active collaboration again. It's no longer a case of "Hey, we need to hurry up and do this." There is a good chance the second album (if it comes) will be more creative as the guys are getting comfortable with each other again.

Comment

Originally posted by OIM View Post
                        Who else is there? Bob Rock? The douche who brought us St. Anger? bob Marlette? Everyone seems to hate Psycho Man.
                        Bring back Martin Birch from retirement

Kevin Shirley would do a great job I reckon. Some of his later work has been pretty brickwalled (the first Black Star Riders album, but it is otherwise sonically very pleasing), but nothing to the extent of Rubin. Just listen to Joe Bonamassa's stuff or the Black Country Communion albums.
                        "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                        "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                        "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                          Let's hope we don't get Rick Rubin this time.
                          Laughed my ass off after reading your comment, it's like the man on your avatar picture said it.
                          "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Originally posted by OIM View Post
                            ..... Everyone seems to hate Psycho Man.
                            I don't understand why. I absolutely love that song. Especially the part after the solo when the guitar comes in on the right before that bass line starts slapping. So heavy! Much metal!

Comment

As long as it's not brickwalled to shit i don't care who produces it really. I'd like someone to come in and produce the band who isn't so famous and maverick that he controls the mixing desk too. Leave the engineering to people who know how to produce a warm sounding album.

That's what worries me when Ozzy says he wants a classic Sabbath album "With a modern sound." Someone needs to tell him that a modern sound isn't literally 'how it sounds'. As soon as he brings it up, i hear things like 'Gets Me Through', 'Junkie' and 'Let Me Hear You Scream'. Part of what makes albums such as Sabbath Bloody Sabbath such an enjoyable experience is the sound quality. Imagine the intro riff to the title track from that record played by Zakk Wylde and compressed so much it makes your ears hurt. It hits you right in the face, and almost makes you want to turn it off. I haven't listened to 13 as much as the excellent material on it dictates i should have, purely because it's tiring on the ears.

On a separate note, i hope we see Tony vary it a bit with the old riffs. 'End of the Beginning' and 'The Devil Cried', as good as they are, are reminiscent of the sort of thing Tony's been doing for a while now. I can't imagine him writing 'A National Acrobat' or 'Voodoo' now, but i'd love to be proved wrong.
                              Last edited by jacksabbath; 10-01-2014, 10:34 AM.
                              Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
                              The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

I hope this time (if it becomes Rick as producer) he plays Dehumanizer or Fused
                                and say. Make a sequel to this
                                Last edited by svullo; 10-01-2014, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X