Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, the Internet thinks there's a 2015 Black Sabbath album coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OIM View Post
    Who else is there? Bob Rock? The douche who brought us St. Anger? bob Marlette? Everyone seems to hate Psycho Man.
    THIS GUY!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Allom

Comment

Originally posted by svullo View Post
      I hope this time (if it becomes Rick as producer) he plays Dehumanizer or Fused
      and say. Make a sequel to this
      I hope he plays them Sabotage...
      In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
        I hope he plays them Sabotage...
        Me too, and bring back Rubin!
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by Vynlsol View Post
          So, I've been in the hospital the past couple days, had an organ carved out of my torso, and finally get back home and discover all this hubub about Sabbath's future plans. I can't tell if its the pain killers or if its real at this point, but more Sabbath could never be a bad thing!
          I hope you're feeling better Vynlsol, I wish you a fast and speedy recovery with no complications brother, my best wishes to you.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Another SBS or Sabotage is a nice fantasy, but completely unrealistic at this point. The band were all high out of their minds when they made those albums (which no doubt enhanced their creativity, despite what it did to them personally) and Ozzy was at the peak of his vocal abilities.

I would expect another record to be in the exact same vein as 13. I just hope they spend more time on the songs, let Geezer write all the lyrics, stay away from clichés, and experiment with tempo changes like the classic days. "Age Of Reason" would be my starting blueprint for new material.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
              I hope you're feeling better Vynlsol, I wish you a fast and speedy recovery with no complications brother, my best wishes to you.
              Thank you very much my brother OID, it means a lot. Was the first time I ever had to have surgery; went to the ER with massive pain in my back and chest, turned out to be an infected gall bladder (thankfully nothing worse). So they cut it out and sent me home with a scrip for hydrocodone, instructions not to drive for a few days, and the week out of the office.

Originally posted by MikeTX
              "Age Of Reason" would be my starting blueprint for new material.
              I'm of the same opinion. At the end of the day, I'm excited just to think that they might come out with anything! But it would be cool if they took where they left off with 13 and just let it all hang out, creativity-wise, including Mr. Ward. Take his prog-jazz inflected hard grooves interplaying with master riffage from Mr. iommi, vocal lines the way only Mr. Osbourne can wrangle supporting the stark realism of Mr. Butler's lyrics all under-pinned with the message of hope of Black Sabbath, and I just need to know where to send my money!
              gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

Vynlsol, get well soon bud. If I were you, I'd fire up the turntable and spend the week listening to some great vinyl. You have all the luck!
                Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Originally posted by OIM View Post
                  Who else is there? Bob Rock? The douche who brought us St. Anger? bob Marlette? Everyone seems to hate Psycho Man.
                  I just want a producer that wont interfere with the song writing process. Let the guys come up with what they want and not what someone else wants. I think 13 had the protential to be so much better than it turned out even though i still enjoyed it. By the way, i loved Psycho Man. People forget they just threw the song together in one day.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTX View Post
                    I just hope they...experiment with tempo changes like the classic days.
                    Same. Some just remember Sabbath for the slow, doomy sound and forget that they could turn on a dime and play at speed. Rather than 5 plodders, 3 mid-pacers and 2 speedy songs in their entirety, i hope they'd be open to including more songs with tempo changes like Dear Father. The second half of that song is so cool, and represents classic Sabbath better than EOTB or Zeitgeist which clearly attempt to do just that.

The progressive songs on 13 still stand up as the best imo.
                    Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
                    The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

I end up scratching my head alot when I come on these boards , it may just be I'm "out of my mind" but when I read some of these comments , it just , well , makes me scratch my head ...

How 13 could have been any better than what it was , just is beyond me I guess .... i find the album to have exceeded every possible expectation I could have ever had for it.

It's like when I read some one not understanding the representation of TDYK , such an original piece of music.

God rest ye merry Gentlemen not moving someone , when that riff is from middle earth .... or these comments like 70's Sabbath , as brilliant as it is , holds some kind of weight over the other material .... Please! what would one do , seriously , with the likes of Fused - Dehumanizer or Eternal Idol .... baffles my mind.

Or skipping FX , when it's such a perfect prelude to Supernaut .... or skipping any track by Sabbath for that matter.

Then you get the thought process people have on Hughes , my goodness , you read who people judge as something special , yet the concept of true vocal genius floats right over there heads ..... Or Martin Sabbath , i wouldn't want to know a world without it.

You take any of these key ingredients away , every other part of Sabbath looses it's magic .... As Born Again takes us through a landmine of intensity , 13 takes us through a revival of what was .... One with out the other doesn't add up , each together - within , is brilliant!

..... much like whatever they put out next , when added to the whole , most certainly will be!

Blessed to even be discussing a possible new release.

-Vynlsol stay well brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Electra View Post
                        As much as I loved 13, it was trying way too hard to sound like classic Sabbath. I don't get why old artists have to descend into nostalgia like that. Hopefully the new album won't fall victim to the same thing.
                        Personally am pleased they kept the nostalgic vibe, I dont like modern production and much prefer that 70s feel.

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                          I end up scratching my head alot when I come on these boards , it may just be I'm "out of my mind" but when I read some of these comments , it just , well , makes me scratch my head ...

How 13 could have been any better than what it was , just is beyond me I guess .... i find the album to have exceeded every possible expectation I could have ever had for it.

It's like when I read some one not understanding the representation of TDYK , such an original piece of music.

God rest ye merry Gentlemen not moving someone , when that riff is from middle earth .... or these comments like 70's Sabbath , as brilliant as it is , holds some kind of weight over the other material .... Please! what would one do , seriously , with the likes of Fused - Dehumanizer or Eternal Idol .... baffles my mind.

Or skipping FX , when it's such a perfect prelude to Supernaut .... or skipping any track by Sabbath for that matter.

Then you get the thought process people have on Hughes , my goodness , you read who people judge as something special , yet the concept of true vocal genius floats right over there heads ..... Or Martin Sabbath , i wouldn't want to know a world without it.

You take any of these key ingredients away , every other part of Sabbath looses it's magic .... As Born Again takes us through a landmine of intensity , 13 takes us through a revival of what was .... One with out the other doesn't add up , each together - within , is brilliant!

..... much like whatever they put out next , when added to the whole , most certainly will be!

Fucking perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

Your comments make me scratch my head, because we're all entitled to our opinions and expectations. By your logic, we should love ALL music by ALL artists equally and have no preferences of anything anyone does. That's what doesn't make sense....

Comment

Originally posted by SDMF Jon View Post
                              Your comments make me scratch my head, because we're all entitled to our opinions and expectations. By your logic, we should love ALL music by ALL artists equally and have no preferences of anything anyone does. That's what doesn't make sense....
                              That sounds communist.

If you knew Back To Eden, you'd understand the man better, he's not saying what you stated above at all.

Eden loves all Sabbath and expresses that in all his posts.

We all have our preferences, mine is Ozzy/Sabbath, then comes all the rest. But what of the Sabbath fan, that got into Sabbath through the Martin era? To him that is the best Sabbath, he might later on get into other eras, but his favorite will be Martin/Sabbath.

I agree with Back To Eden's above post, but hey everyone likes what they like.
                              Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 10-02-2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SDMF Jon View Post
                                This.

Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
                                The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

Working...
                                X