Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, the Internet thinks there's a 2015 Black Sabbath album coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not arguing or saying Ozzy is best, that is all a matter of taste and opinion, just trying to understand how Glen Hughes could be deemed Sabbath's second best singer.

I don't think I've used the word best, but have said Ozzy is my favorite singer in and out of Sabbath. It's stated on my profile page and various posts throughout this forum.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 10-05-2014, 09:48 AM.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
      One of the most sensible posts I've read on this forum in a long time. I wish we'd have a thubms up emoticon here as this post most certainly deserves one.
      outrageous hyperbole tends to elicit the best responses from impassioned people.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
        Doc I got your message.

I use the term scratch my head because in my love for Black Sabbath, no one or no era rivals that of the original albums, not the Dio, Gillan, Hughes or Martin.

You see to me that magic and atmosphere that captured a young teen's heart and made his life a little more enjoyable growing up through those hard teenage years that we all go through wasn't the post Ozzy eras, but the Ozzy era alone.

I scratch my head not at what you wrote, but because I try to understand and I can't grasp the love for the Hughes and Martin albums, I like them at best and yes there is a lot of good music in those albums, I have stated before that Hughes voice was best on 7th Star, out of all the albums he's done with Iommi, to me that's his best, but when you describe Hughes as possibly the second best Sabbath vocalist, that I have to scratch my head at.

I am not musically educated or vocally educated, but I know what I like and what sounds good to my ears and on that alone, I would describe Ronnie James Dio as the second best Sabbath vocalist with Ian Gillan as third Hughes as fourth and Martin last, leaving Ozzy as number one above all the rest and not just in Sabbath but in the music realm.

Ozzy Osbourne is the vocalist that captures my heart and pleases my ears, with Ronnie coming in second with his Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath and DIO material.

I just don't get the love of Hughes voice post the 7th star album, the songs I heard him sing in Deep Purple, I prefer David Coverdale's voice honestly, but then again I'm not a fan of anything not Ian Gillan Deep Purple.

I understand that everyone has their preference in Sabbath and whatever era they started listening to and that's the era that did it for them, that that is their special Sabbath, I don't expect everyone to adore the Ozzy era.

I scratch my head because I just don't feel the love for the Hughes and Martin eras, they don't strike my heart and soul like the Ozzy and Dio eras and the Gillan album does, yes the Martin albums do have a lot of good songs I enjoy listening to, but they don't move me the way the Ozzy, Dio, and Gillan songs do.

To me music isn't about being educated but by the way that particular piece of music moves you, like She's Gone.

I don't care about the best technically trained or sounding singer, I care about the feelings that singer invokes in me, Ozzy Osbourne is that singer.

And to be even more honest, I don't care about what album Ozzy is supposedly vocally better on, I love all 10 Ozzy/Sabbath albums equally and listen to them on a regular basis and that goes for the Scary Dreams Atlanta boot you gave me and the Earth Demos you gave me, Ozzy/Earth/Sabbath is the musical love of my life.

Great post oid!!!,

Did you do the same as me when you read they are gonna be doing a new album?

Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

just trying to understand how Glen Hughes could be deemed Sabbath's second best singer.
          Well once you translate what they're saying to "Glenn Hughes is my second favorite Sabbath singer", you'll see how they could make that statement. Like I said, 'best' gets substituted for 'favorite' too often.
          In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

• Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
            Well once you translate what they're saying to "Glenn Hughes is my second favorite Sabbath singer", you'll see how they could make that statement. Like I said, 'best' gets substituted for 'favorite' too often.

You could also translate it to number one Sabbath singer by what they're saying.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
              I truly would. On Megalomania Ozzy just shines like never before or ever after for that matter. The Writ pales in comparison as a song so that's that.

I don't think there's any Sabbath song where Ozzy uses so much of his voice as he does on Megalomania...the softer parts, the heavier parts and then the really fast parts.

The truth is that vocally Ozzy is a one trick pony...he's not exactly a versatile singer. His preformance on Megalomania is as versatile as it gets and that's why I love it.

But as I also siad as a whole I love Ozzy's vocals on the debut the most. The rawness and the eeriness is captivating.

But in the end people hear things differently. There is no right or wrong on this...just matters of opinion.
              There is No Way that Ozzy is a "one trick pony".... Ozzy changes his vocal style and sound on every song... just like the best vocalist do... Bruce Dickinson and Rob Halford! RJD like Phil Moog of UFO is more of a one trick pony than Ozzy!

The melody lines Ozzy sings are some of the best ever created!! Ozzy's talent should be acknowledged by the masses a lot more than it is

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                Great post oid!!!,
                Thank you Spiral, I hope we get more news regarding a new album.

Comment

• If someone was to say Glenn Hughes was their "favorite", it would
                  still cause me to scratch my head.
                  Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by thewizard View Post
                    There is No Way that Ozzy is a "one trick pony".... Ozzy changes his vocal style and sound on every song... just like the best vocalist do... Bruce Dickinson and Rob Halford! RJD like Phil Moog of UFO is more of a one trick pony than Ozzy!

The melody lines Ozzy sings are some of the best ever created!! Ozzy's talent should be acknowledged by the masses a lot more than it is
                    totally agree wiz!!

Comment

• What's with the supersize fonts
                      all of a sudden?
                      Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Typhon View Post
                        What's with the supersize fonts
                        all of a sudden?
                        haven't got a clue pal lol

Comment

• yeah what's up with that?

Comment

yeah what's up with that?
                            lol, great minds oid!

Comment

• Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
                              I already did.
                              I see. Clearly your idea of what constitutes measurable facts and my idea of what constitutes measurable facts are different.
                              gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

• What is hard to understand , again i scratch my head at the comments i read .... Hughes without doubt can easily be the very best vocalist to ever sing on a Sabbath album , we can argue it , but that doesn't change the fact - that the man is BRILLIANT!

When I'm listening to 7th Star , 8th Star , Dep and MOST certainly FUSED - the man is by far my favorite Sabbath vocalist .... is this ok?

Feelings open this to me...

Facts prove this to me...

Education teaches this to me...

Learning allows it to me....

I truly love all 5 vocalist that are part of the Sabbath "matter" .... it's not meant to offend , i enjoy the f**k out of it!!

Listen here for 8 minutes and 28 seconds , anyone who takes themselves serious on these boards - owes it to themselves , become educated .... the man has been this Sensational for 45 friggin years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOwhfWXrxZE

One can rip it up and deny it ,,,, but One will never change it!!

.... having fun with this!!

Comment

Working...
                                X