Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OZZY OSBOURNE Hopes BILL WARD Can 'Get His Stuff Together' Before Next BLACK SABBATH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OZZY OSBOURNE Hopes BILL WARD Can 'Get His Stuff Together' Before Next BLACK SABBATH

In a brand new interview with Esquire.com, Ozzy Osbourne confirmed that BLACK SABBATH will record a new studio album in 2015 and head out on one final tour. He said: "I'm not one of these guys to do my solo stuff one night and BLACK SABBATH the next. I can't do that, you know. It's too much to handle. So with the BLACK SABBATH thing, the record company wants us to do one more record, and we've decided to do one more tour, and at the end of the tour we just disband and I go back to doing my solo stuff. And that's why I released [the solo career retrospective] 'Memoirs Of A Madman', to let people out there know I'm still functioning as a solo artist."

Asked if he has started writing songs for the new BLACK SABBATH album, Ozzy said: "No. Although I texted [guitarist] Tony [Iommi] the other day. I said, 'It would be a great idea if you could send me some musical ideas so I can try and work some melodies around so we don't have to go searching for the song structure.' So I'm not starting from a cold block, you know?"

He added: "What I'm really happy about is, if this is BLACK SABBATH's last hurrah, then we'll have ended it on an up note rather than when I left in 1979 and everybody was fucked up on one thing or another and I was marked out as being the worst, you know. It ended on a bad note, so... The only thing sad about it is I hope [drummer] Bill Ward can get his stuff together to do this because... one of the biggest things I'm proud of in my life was that BLACK SABBATH wasn't a band that was created by some business mogul in London or New York. That we were four guys who had a great idea and it worked from record one, and we still... Would you believe that it took 45 years to get our first No. 1 album in America? It was amazing to me."

Ozzy recently told Metal Hammer magazine that Rick Rubin, who produced last year's "13" album, will likely be back for the next project.

"13" was the first SABBATH album in 35 years to feature Ozzy, Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler together, with Ward the only founding member to sit out the record and world tour.

"13" went to No. 1 in both the U.S. and the U.K., a first for the band in America and only their second chart-topper in their native country since 1971.

Butler said in a recent interview that the band had four tracks left over from the sessions for "13", which could give them a head start on writing the next album.

Ward was on board for the SABBATH reunion when it was first announced in November 2011, but backed out soon after. He later claimed that he sat out the recording and touring sessions because of unfair contractual terms, although the members of SABBATH have hinted in other interviews that he wasn't physically up to the task.

SABBATH has used Ozzy's regular touring drummer Tommy Clufetos since then for live work. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE's Brad Wilk laid down the drum tracks on "13", which came out in June 2013.

Iommi revealed in January of 2012 that he had been diagnosed with lymphoma and had to return to England every six weeks for treatment throughout the course of SABBATH's year-long tour.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ozz...B5FMfjpdptK.99

No Bill? Then it's just another Lack Sabbath album.

Comment

Bill will do this.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Thanx for the new signature, OID
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
        Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArch View Post
          I'm glad you feel that way SpiralArch, Bill is Black Sabbath.

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
          Thanx for the new signature, OID

I'm glad you like it Billy, it's how I feel, from my heart.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Oy, another Bill Ward thread...

I can see them working something out for the album, but a tour? There's no way in hell. I absolutely cannot see him handling any kind of consistent tour schedule, whether it's with Black Sabbath, solo, whatever. Say what you want about Ozzy's "abilities" but touring is all the man knows, it's what he does. I just can't imagine with all the health issues Bill has had, the shape he's in, traveling/touring extensively.
            ***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of other internet people, the internet police or the internet in general. It is to be assumed that all sentences are automatically followed by "IMO, BUDDY" as to not offend other internet people and start an internet fight.

Comment

He can always swallow some pride and let guest drummers allow him breaks..they arent getting any younger, nobody would look down on him for it.

Comment

If they get Ward on board, great. I'm jazzed. So much so I almost don't care if the album is better than 13. The significance of having the original lineup alone will make me enjoy it. If they don't, then I personally think 13 should be their last album and close it with the Ozzy return angle from last time. Maybe just a personal thing, but come on. This is Black f-ing Sabbath and they're going to close their career with a session drummer who's really just going to coast along and play it safe and adding no extra color to the album? It's just weak. I don't care what the contracts say, what the number are what this guy wants, what that guy wants... the bottom line is the fans want Bill Ward and all parties should do whatever it takes to make that a reality and give us that true reunion no matter how much of a pain in the ass it is. We and they are lucky a reunion is even possible. Look at all the bands from that era who are still playing today, now tell me how many of them have all the original members still living. It's a short list. Make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of This Board View Post
                  If they get Ward on board, great. I'm jazzed. So much so I almost don't care if the album is better than 13. The significance of having the original lineup alone will make me enjoy it. If they don't, then I personally think 13 should be their last album and close it with the Ozzy return angle from last time. Maybe just a personal thing, but come on. This is Black f-ing Sabbath and they're going to close their career with a session drummer who's really just going to coast along and play it safe and adding no extra color to the album? It's just weak. I don't care what the contracts say, what the number are what this guy wants, what that guy wants... the bottom line is the fans want Bill Ward and all parties should do whatever it takes to make that a reality and give us that true reunion no matter how much of a pain in the ass it is. We and they are lucky a reunion is even possible. Look at all the bands from that era who are still playing today, now tell me how many of them have all the original members still living. It's a short list. Make it happen.
                  Spot on Lord Of This Board, 110% agreed brother, we want Bill back in the fold, give it to us!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArch View Post
                    ..."Lack Sabbath". Good one 'SpiralArch'!

Comment

I hate feeling hopeful

My love for Bill has reinvigorated itself these past few weeks. I would literally jump for joy if he came back.

Of course, considering how much bad blood there is, and how sad Bill seems in every recent interview about it, I can't see it happening.

I just hope he would at least consider doing just an album. Who knows, if he shows them how good he still is, a tour could happen as well.

Comment

As I said on another thread if Bill wasn't up to the task 2 years ago how on earth could he be up to the task next year?

Let Bill just enjoy his retirement and his radio show where he can praise the worst drummer in the world, which already kind of shows just how out touch from the real world the man is nowdays.

Comment

Lars is hardly the worst drummer in the world, haha- he might "suck" but a FUCKLOAD of people have started playing the drums because of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                            Lars is hardly the worst drummer in the world, haha- he might "suck" but a FUCKLOAD of people have started playing the drums because of him.
                            And most of them probably play them better than he does now!

Comment

I only want bill on it if he is as good as he was, other wise i would prefer they still with Brad. No point in someone on there who can not do the job anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X