Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Which 2 original members would you most like to see collaborate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four of those combos already exist:

Tony and Ozzy did the Reunion bonus tracks.
    Tony and Geezer did four Sabbath albums without Ozzy and Bill, as well as the Heaven and Hell band.
    Geezer and Ozzy did Ozzmosis together and a live EP
    Ozzy and Bill did a few songs together on Ward One

So it really comes down to Tony/Bill and Geezer/Bill. I think I'd most like to see Tony/Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by 62_SG View Post
      Tony and Ozzy did the Reunion bonus tracks.
      Geezer did play on both those, and Bill on one (and clearly inspired the drum-machine track). But the songwriting is without a doubt Tony/Ozzy (+ whoever helped out with the lyrics, i could never imagine it was Geez...)
      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
        I can't vote on this, I want all four to collaborate together and give us another Black Sabbath album with Bill on the Drum stool.
        I want that too. This poll is about after that. It's already been reported that this will be the last Sabbath album, but the boys aren't dead and can still collaborate.

Now, the reason I didn't vote for Tony/Geezer is because they're too much alike. There's no ying-yang there. I believe their music would be heavy, riffy and predictable - like TDYK and 13.

Tony/Ozzy also would be less than ideal for me because neither is really a songwriter. Both of them need a songwriter to help mold their ideas into real songs.

Bill is the only real songwriter of the 4. His songs are quite brilliant actually, so I think Bill is essential. The question is, who would be the best partner for Bill? Geezer/Bill would be quite interesting, and would actually be my second choice as Geezer, like Tony, would bring some real heaviness to Bill's brilliance. Geezer's solo albums are a bit one dimensional however, and that's why I didn't pick him.

Ozzy, I think, would not contribute much to what Bill already does. Ozzy brings vocal melodies and Bill already has that so Bill/Ozzy would be kind of redundant.

No, Tony/Bill, for me, is the best combination. Not only would it combine brilliance and heaviness, it would also allow Tony to stretch out into more of the Jazz and Blues we all know he's dying to play.

Of course, this is all in fun and probably will never happen but hey, we can dream right?
        In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
          I can't vote on this, I want all four to collaborate together and give us another Black Sabbath album with Bill on the Drum stool.
          I have the same reaction to this question.
          Call me greedy, but I want all 4.
          Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
            I want that too. This poll is about after that. It's already been reported that this will be the last Sabbath album, but the boys aren't dead and can still collaborate.

Now, the reason I didn't vote for Tony/Geezer is because they're too much alike. There's no ying-yang there. I believe their music would be heavy, riffy and predictable - like TDYK and 13.

Tony/Ozzy also would be less than ideal for me because neither is really a songwriter. Both of them need a songwriter to help mold their ideas into real songs.

Bill is the only real songwriter of the 4. His songs are quite brilliant actually, so I think Bill is essential. The question is, who would be the best partner for Bill? Geezer/Bill would be quite interesting, and would actually be my second choice as Geezer, like Tony, would bring some real heaviness to Bill's brilliance. Geezer's solo albums are a bit one dimensional however, and that's why I didn't pick him.

Ozzy, I think, would not contribute much to what Bill already does. Ozzy brings vocal melodies and Bill already has that so Bill/Ozzy would be kind of redundant.

No, Tony/Bill, for me, is the best combination. Not only would it combine brilliance and heaviness, it would also allow Tony to stretch out into more of the Jazz and Blues we all know he's dying to play.

Of course, this is all in fun and probably will never happen but hey, we can dream right?
            Me too Wall... they played in they same pre-Sab band together Mythology and to me it's most intriguing collaboration.
            "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
            R. Blackmore

Comment

For me it is definantly Tony/Bill.. And probably right now Bill gets along with Tony the best of the members of Sabbath.

Comment

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
                And probably right now Bill gets along with Tony the best of the members of Sabbath.
                Well, we don't really know that, as Tony haven't said anything...
                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                  Well, we don't really know that, as Tony haven't said anything...
                  No but Bill said that he's talked to Tony more recently than Geezer or Ozzy. And I'm not sure but I think Tony was the only one to wish Bill a happy birthday on Facebook.
                  In the fields the bodies burning, as the war machine keeps turning.

Comment

Originally posted by WallOfSleep View Post
                    No but Bill said that he's talked to Tony more recently than Geezer or Ozzy. And I'm not sure but I think Tony was the only one to wish Bill a happy birthday on Facebook.
                    Well, lets hope atleast they act like grown-ups towards each others. After all, they were the ones who teamed up years before Sabbath/Earth/Polka Tulk...

Comment

Tony is the only one that didn't throw Bill under the bus....publicly anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
                        Tony is the only one that didn't throw Bill under the bus....publicly anyways.
                        Tony and Bill go back the farthest, I understand Tony though, the show had to go on.
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Tony and Bill I think would be the most interesting. I would actually like to hear them do a full on Jazz/Swing/Blues album, I think that would be really interesting!
                          Sinister Realm-Traditional 80s Metal
                          www.facebook.com/sinisterrealm

Comment

I'll have to also go with Tony and Bill. Although a purely drum and bass album from Geezer and Bill, just the two of them jamming, would be heavenly.

Comment

Any of those combinations would work a treat but I'd stick with the tried & true..

Tony and Geezer

Comment

Interesting question. I voted Tony and Geezer. Let's just make sure they DON"T call it Black Sabbath ( ... ) !

Comment

Working...
                                X