Why don't you love "A Hard Road"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't you love "A Hard Road"?

The headline asked it all. Uplifting, melodic, even has some Bill singing background. Always blown away by this masterpiece.

One of my fav Sba songs think they should do it as a 2nd encore on their last ever tour the whole crowd singing along would bring tears to the eyes of all!
    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
      The headline asked it all. Uplifting, melodic, even has some Bill singing background. Always blown away by this masterpiece.
      Right on the money!
      Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

I do love it! But as is my way I'll detail what I don't like, or rather, what sometimes "bothers me" when I listen to it:

Ozzy's vocal timbre for this one is very "nyah nyah" nasally

The lyrics "Why make the hard road? Why can't we be friends? No need to worry! Let's sing it again!" wouldn't be out of place on a Barney episode.

I'm not a fan of the parenthetical rhyme scheme they started using on Technical Ecstasy and here, it just sounds silly to me, can't pinpoint why.

Other than that, great feel, great solo, great melodies, great, great, great, I love the layers of melody at the end especially.
        You bought and sold me with your lying words.
        Phil, your head's all full of lice!

Comment

Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
          even has some Bill singing background.
          As has been discussed here before, it's not just Bill singing background, Tony and Geezer are also singing along with him.

Anyway, it's a good song, I especially like the main guitar riff and vocal melody during the verses. But I don't think it's one of the best songs on Never Say Die. I think Shock Wave, Air Dance, Johnny Blade, and Junior's Eyes are all better.
          Last edited by Icy Sun; 07-22-2015, 09:18 PM.
          Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

A Hard Road is one of the best songs off NSD. Which ain't saying much.

Comment

I love the song. They all sing on it! If you think about it, it could be considered an excellent bookend for the original lineup. Their first recording being The Rebel, the only other one that they all sing on.

Comment

Ozzy the crooner, how can you not love it?
                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
                  As has been discussed here before, it's not just Bill singing background, Tony and Geezer are also singing along with him.

Anyway, it's a good song, I especially like the main guitar riff and vocal melody during the verses. But I don't think it's one of the best songs on Never Say Die. I think Shock Wave, Air Dance, Johnny Blade, and Junior's Eyes are all better.
                  What he said!
                  My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

A Hard Road, is my favorite song off of Never Say Die! Always has been.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post

Agreed Icy and Kilo.

Comment

Listening to NSD it's hard to believe the band weren't having fun or that they were running out of creative ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Beast View Post
                          Listening to NSD it's hard to believe the band weren't having fun or that they were running out of creative ideas.
                          Absolutely agree.
                          That's why I always figured there had to be some type of
                          disagreements on a very personal level.
                          Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

Not one of my favorites, but still a good song.

Comment

'Hard Road' is one of their best songs, as is 'Over To You'.

Comment

Working...
                              X