Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't you love "A Hard Road"?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by manblg View Post
    I love EVERY song on Never Say Die! It's my favorite Sabbath Album by far. Not saying I don't like other ones like Master of Reality, Dehumanizer, etc. but something about Never Say Die! just clicks with me.

    Comment


    • #47
      Never Say Die! is a great album, to hell with all the haters!

      Comment


      • #48
        NSD is a good album, it shows another side of Sabbath, but "13" is more Sabbathy and fits right in between MOR and Vol 4.
        "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
        R. Blackmore

        Comment


        • #49
          I love the album and "A Hard Road". "Swinging the chain" is actually my fave on the album.
          Too bad Ozzy wouldn't sing it. Bill does a great job though.

          Comment


          • #50
            I like A Hard Road.It is my second favorite song on that album after the title track.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
              The headline asked it all. Uplifting, melodic, even has some Bill singing background. Always blown away by this masterpiece.
              ....To answer the thread question "Why don't you love "A Hard Road"? Because it was CLEARLY the end of the road (no pun intended) for the original lineup. For years I've said that songs like 'Never Say Die' and 'A Hard Road' wouldn't have been out of place on an Ozzy album. Which is interesting considering he supposedly didn't like the direction Sabbath were going in at the time. In short order, their split was inevitable. Next came 1980's 'Heaven And Hell', for the BETTER I might add. To my thinking, it was Black Sabbath's strongest album since 'Master Of Reality'. Which is really saying something. Interesting comments everybody ().

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
                ....To answer the thread question "Why don't you love "A Hard Road"? Because it was CLEARLY the end of the road (no pun intended) for the original lineup. For years I've said that songs like 'Never Say Die' and 'A Hard Road' wouldn't have been out of place on an Ozzy album. Which is interesting considering he supposedly didn't like the direction Sabbath were going in at the time. In short order, their split was inevitable. Next came 1980's 'Heaven And Hell', for the BETTER I might add. To my thinking, it was Black Sabbath's strongest album since 'Master Of Reality'. Which is really saying something. Interesting comments everybody ().
                To my recollection, I don't think I have ever disagreed with the Historian.
                This will be the 1st time. I can't rate H&H higher than Vol.4 or SBS. Two
                masterpieces.
                Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Typhon View Post
                  To my recollection, I don't think I have ever disagreed with the Historian.
                  This will be the 1st time. I can't rate H&H higher than Vol.4 or SBS. Two
                  masterpieces.
                  Like they say 'Typhon', there's always a first time for everything ( )! Nothing wrong with disagreeing with other Sabbath fans either. Much respect 'Typhon' as usual. Great comment! Since you mentioned it, I'd pick 'Vol.4' over 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' personally. Very good albums.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Iron Wizard View Post
                    I actually have never heard Air Dance and Over to You. Those, along with Evil Woman are the only Ozzy era Sabbath songs I haven't heard. I've heard part of A Hard Road.

                    Oh dear,

                    Joking right?

                    Do you know youtube?

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I love A Hard Road, as I do the entire Never Say Die album. Albums like this are often an acquired taste, but I naturally gravitate to these types of efforts from my favourite bands, which were actually fairly common in the late '70's, as the dinosaurs tried to forge a new path. A little side step from their norm, but awesome in every respect. My favorite track will always be Junior's Eyes.
                      Last edited by Now in Darkness; 11-23-2015, 09:55 AM.
                      Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Zee View Post
                        Never Say Die! is a great album, to hell with all the haters!
                        Agree, I fucking love Never Say Die! and it's predecessor, Technical Ecstasy, and it's predecessor, Sabotage, and so on...
                        You tried to suppress me
                        But nothing holds me down
                        Just when you think you're happy
                        I come around

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I don't mind it.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X