Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Brad Wilk Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brad Wilk is definitely a skilled drummer, but Bill Ward is my favorite drummer of all time...
    Bill Ward has a very unique style, whereas Brad Wilk is just a drummer.
    You tried to suppress me
    But nothing holds me down
    Just when you think you're happy
    I come around

Comment

Terry chimes was the best drummer they ever had. And he should be in the band now. (let the bottles start flying).
      Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Unfortunately, he is busy with other things,
        "Since 1994, he has practiced as a chiropractor in Essex at his clinic, Chimes Chiropractic. He also runs chiropractic seminars."
        Maybe Lars Ulrich in case Bill Ward may choose
        or what was the question again?

Comment

Originally posted by EDTRADER View Post
          Terry chimes was the best drummer they ever had. And he should be in the band now. (let the bottles start flying).
          Yeah, That sounds good and everything, But without Jo Burt, It wouldn't be Black Sabbath!
          We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

The bottom line is, i don't care if Tommy C plays too hard or too light, is too young or too old as long as he plays the drum parts right. As long as the band is happy with him than i am. We are talking about heavy metal here.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
              Nah man, fuck Brad Wilk! lol

He did an OK job, I'm not that big a fan of 13 but to be fair it's not the drums that I don't really like about it.

I don't see what's to celebrate, he has basically absolutely nothing to do with Black Sabbath whatsoever and did session work on what I find to be a very mediocre album by men who could do so much better.
              Well put wheels.

I wont denigrate Wilks contribution to the album, it was the least annoying feature of it for me. He delivered exactly what he was paid to do. Still, I thought he did a good job overall. But Im also not a fan of the album. Clufetos should stick to play industrial rock like R. Zombie.. he lacks feel & plays very mechanically. Any drum machine can replace him.
              The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

VINNY APPICE 'Would Love' To Play Drums For BLACK SABBATH On 'The End' Tour

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vin...674WFh7oJJY.99

Comment

Originally posted by svullo View Post
                  VINNY APPICE 'Would Love' To Play Drums For BLACK SABBATH On 'The End' Tour http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vin...674WFh7oJJY.99
                  No thank you vinnie

Comment

Originally posted by scorpio 2000 View Post
                    The bottom line is, i don't care if Tommy C plays too hard or too light, is too young or too old as long as he plays the drum parts right.
                    Well, he doesn't... He absolutely butchered After Forever, Behind The Wall Of Sleep and Fairies Wear Boots.

Originally posted by devstorm View Post
                    Any drum machine can replace him.
                    Exactly.
                    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by svullo View Post
                      VINNY APPICE 'Would Love' To Play Drums For BLACK SABBATH On 'The End' Tour

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vin...674WFh7oJJY.99
                      That would be awesome but I know it won't happen. Even if Tony would want him to (and I'm sure he would as they're good friends and all) the Osbourne camp would never go for it...they want their guy who is far inferior ofcourse but like that matters to them!

Comment

Originally posted by OIM View Post
                        No thank you vinnie
                        After hearing his anemic drum work on TDYK, heck no. Terrible choice. I can't think of a worse selection... well maybe Bill Ward - that would be an even poorer choice.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZero View Post
                          After hearing his anemic drum work on TDYK, heck no. Terrible choice. I can't think of a worse selection... well maybe Bill Ward - that would be an even poorer choice.
                          Theres a clip of Vinnie doing After Forever with Sabbath at Ozzfest when he filled in for Bill. He sounds terrible on it

Comment

Originally posted by RedZero View Post
                            To be fair, it's been well documented that Vinny was effectively copying parts laid down by a drum machine for TDYK.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                              To be fair, it's been well documented that Vinny was effectively copying parts laid down by a drum machine for TDYK.
                              That's no excuse for his lifeless drumming on TDYK since he was in charge of his own performance. Iommi himself say's that he hates telling people how to play their own instruments.

Comment

Vinnie's a good drummer, but he's a straight up rock drummer. His time is great, his rudiments are solid and his fills tend to be very 'linear'. He fit well with the Dio line up, as Ronnie was a very linear singer.
                                Good Beer is the perfect blend of Art & Science.

Comment

Working...
                                X