"New" Deluxe Remasters Of The First Three Albums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" Deluxe Remasters Of The First Three Albums

It appears that the Sabbath camp will be re-releasing the Deluxe Editions here in North America.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/black...luxe-reissues/
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
    It appears that the Sabbath camp will be re-releasing the Deluxe Editions here in North America.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/black...luxe-reissues/
    This could be the beginning of a campaign to finish the original 8 deluxe editions?

Comment

Originally posted by jstheconqueror View Post
      This could be the beginning of a campaign to finish the original 8 deluxe editions?
      That would be awesome if they decided to do Deluxe Versions of Vol.4 to Never Say Die.
      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
        That would be awesome if they decided to do Deluxe Versions of Vol.4 to Never Say Die.
        Thanks for the info Thel, I also hope they release Vol. 4 through Never Say Die!
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Well if they have the exact same content then those that would buy it most likely bought it already. As they came out in 2009 and so on. Vol 4 thru NSD there are plenty of King Biscuit Hour live recordings to master and release.
          Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Originally posted by EDTRADER View Post
            Well if they have the exact same content then those that would buy it most likely bought it already. As they came out in 2009 and so on. Vol 4 thru NSD there are plenty of King Biscuit Hour live recordings to master and release.
            I never heard of Vol. 4 through NSD being released as Deluxe Editions.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Etrader your talking about the 2009 Sanctuary Remastered Edition, not the same as the Deluxe Expanded Editions with the extra material.

Comment

I could be wrong but the Sabbath fans that would buy those releases have already. If they have just the same 'bonus tracks' as the deluxe expanded editions why buy them again? I don't them selling as all that much. And the King Biscuit program recorded quite a few live shows. So they could be used for the Vol 4 - NSD.
                Last edited by EDTRADER; 12-03-2015, 06:37 PM.
                Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

These releases look interesting from a technical perspective as they claim to feature the 2012 digital remastering that was done for digital outlets as well as, I believe, the most recent vinyl box set. As compared to the remastering featured on the 2009 Sanctuary reissues.

But I do agree with you, Ed, in that most people who perhaps gave up waiting and ordered those as imports won't see a reason to buy them again if the content is largely unchanged.
                  Last edited by SweetSymptom; 12-03-2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

In scrolling down to the track listings for each release, I note that unlike the U.K. release, Paranoid has 2 CDs instead of 3 (no Quad. CD).

Ted

Comment

Do they have a release or presale date?

Comment

Jan 22 according to the article

Comment

Originally posted by john6t6 View Post
                          Jan 22 according to the article
                          Thank you I must've missed that.

Comment

I have the deluxe editions on cd but not on vinyl. Wasn't even aware that the deluxe editions were released on double vinyl. Being the vinyl enthusiast I am these are a must have for me. Same goes for Past Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by EDTRADER View Post
                              I could be wrong but the Sabbath fans that would buy those releases have already. If they have just the same 'bonus tracks' as the deluxe expanded editions why buy them again? I don't them selling as all that much. And the King Biscuit program recorded quite a few live shows. So they could be used for the Vol 4 - NSD.
                              It's a cash grab by the record company. Althought it's fun to buy the same stuff again and again the cow has no more milk.
                              Only the fans will buy physical CD media now-a-days and most of us already have at least 10 copies of the same stuff.
                              The record company is dumb and uninspired that's why they can't make a profit. Dead wood with no imagination.
                              Here's a couple of ideas to blow out a few thousand copies. Hopefully one of the morons from the record company will get a clue.
                              Call it a limited edition and put a friggin' sequence #. So EZ. Folks like to buy numerical limited edition.
                              ... or add a cheap freebie in there. Like a $1 plastic shower curtain with the artwork painted on it; or a playing card with the "The End" logo, or cheap dollar eabuds that say Black Sabbath.
                              So many ideas to make money, but oh no, let's just recycle the same old crap.

Here's a good one, sell another box set with and add a sealed glass capsule with soil from Birmingham where it all started or water from the English channel. Sell it for $150

Anyone has any ideas were the record execs can make some money and please us fans?

Comment

Working...
                              X