Should they play Crazy Train?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    That's when they were still considering the other eras, which no longer exist, wiped out erased, never happened.
    No i think it was the same thing then. I remember people complaining about website not having anything about other eras except for a small blurb about the dio era in the bio page

Comment

No, I don't think they should play it. The main reason is that Ozzy solo has a completely different vibe than Sabbath. Crazy Train just wouldn't "jive" turkeys. Also, the Crazy Train guitar solo is just so iconic, I can't imagine Iommi playing an Iommi solo in its place and making that work. It'd be like singing a different melody to the Beatles song "Yesterday".
      You bought and sold me with your lying words.
      Phil, your head's all full of lice!

Comment

That's when they were still considering the other eras, which no longer exist, wiped out erased, never happened.
        Was probably more down to the fact that Tony was still doing a guitar solo, and the Die Young intro fit what he was doing.

I can kind of understand them downplaying the other eras back then since the Ozzy reunion was still relatively fresh and it's what they wanted people to focus on. I don't agree with it, but I can see that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko FanAtic View Post
          No, I don't think they should play it. The main reason is that Ozzy solo has a completely different vibe than Sabbath. Crazy Train just wouldn't "jive" turkeys. Also, the Crazy Train guitar solo is just so iconic, I can't imagine Iommi playing an Iommi solo in its place and making that work. It'd be like singing a different melody to the Beatles song "Yesterday".
          Well said.
          You tried to suppress me
          But nothing holds me down
          Just when you think you're happy
          I come around

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
            Was probably more down to the fact that Tony was still doing a guitar solo, and the Die Young intro fit what he was doing.

I can kind of understand them downplaying the other eras back then since the Ozzy reunion was still relatively fresh and it's what they wanted people to focus on. I don't agree with it, but I can see that point.
            I could understand that too Sweet, probably the same reason they've done it now, anyway we know they exist, that is what matters most.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Absolutely not .
              In other hand , I've nothing against Disturbing the Priest , Sins of the Father or Virtual Death.

Comment

No. In fact, not just no, but FUCK NO.
                Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

That's not why. It's Cuz Ozzy doesn't want to do any of that stuff. Simple as that. When Ozzy is in the band, there is no other Black Sabbath.
                  Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                  View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                    No. In fact, not just no, but FUCK NO.
                    It's like Ozzy playing Neon Knights solo or something. Fuck no... That is fine with Sabbath, but not solo. There is a law to this.
                    You tried to suppress me
                    But nothing holds me down
                    Just when you think you're happy
                    I come around

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                      When Ozzy is in the band, there is no other Black Sabbath.
                      As it should be.
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                      ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

No. They shouldn't play Crazy Train, for the same reason they shouldn't play Stairway to Heaven, If You're Happy and You Know It or anything else that isn't Black Sabbath.
                        Try your hardest, you'll still be a loser
                        The world will still be turning when you're gone

Comment

No. Absolutely not.
                          Good Beer is the perfect blend of Art & Science.

Comment

ABSOLUTELY NOT! Enough said ().

Comment

I think Iommi's fake fingers couldn't take it.
                              Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

Working...
                              X