Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Switzerland April 29th 1970

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    In what sense? You mean with the extra verse?
    Extra verse plus the intro solo
    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
    Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Originally posted by LouiST View Post
      Extra verse plus the intro solo
      Well, we know that the song was played this same way at least through June of 1970. Because the infamous Berlin bootleg from June 26 has them still doing the extra verse (intro stayed through early '71, iirc).

The question is why in November of 1969, when they recorded the first album, was a verse cut? I don't know that this has ever been addressed or if the band would even remember whether this was a production decision or their own decision.

As much as I like hearing the live versions with the extra verse, I think however it came about, the right decision was made for the first LP.
      Last edited by Jeff; 11-28-2017, 03:35 PM.
      "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
      -WTB

Comment

I wish they released the intro instrumental studio recording..

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
          Well, we know that the song was played this same way at least through June of 1970. Because the infamous Berlin bootleg from June 26 has them still doing the extra verse (intro stayed through early '71, iirc).

The question is why in November of 1969, when they recorded the first album, was a verse cut? I don't know that this has ever been addressed or if the band would even remember whether this was a production decision or their own decision.

As much as I like hearing the live versions with the extra verse, I think however it came about, the right decision was made for the first LP.
          It might be possible that the title track was recorded abridged. Warning was supposed to feature a half-hour Iommic solo, and was cut short because they don't have enough recording time (and album would be too long?). Probably the same case for Black Sabbath's title track and the swing ending of Behind the Wall of Sleep.

Hmmm. Maybe this is also why Behind the Wall of Sleep fades into Bassically?
          Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
          Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
          In the age of reason, how do we survive?
          The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Originally posted by LouiST View Post
            Hmmm. Maybe this is also why Behind the Wall of Sleep fades into Bassically?
            I think it was Tony that said that they bassically went in there (The studio) and did they're set, So I'd bet that most of those Jazz bits, guitar interludes and drum solos (possibly?) ended up on the cutting room floor.
            We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

Working...
            X