Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The End" CD to be available - only at live shows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The End" CD to be available - only at live shows!

No, it’s not a new album. It’s something that I think most fans have expected to happen for some time now. Today Black Sabbath announced a new release to coincide with the 2016 “The End” Tour. It’s called (not surprisingly) “The End”, and comprises eight tracks. Four are the unused studio tracks from the 13 sessions, and there’s four live tracks here as well.

But there’s a huge catch. It’s going to be only sold at the shows. The ones sold at shows will be signed, however. But the “exclusive to shows” issue means a couple of things.

It will be severely bootlegged
    It will have an obscenely high price on Ebay and whatnot.

I wonder if it will be publicly released after the tour is over to everyone (say iTunes and whatnot), but in the meantime, most people who will want to buy it will get their hands on it anyway, and the window for sale might be over then (because they’ll already have it). Still, this is where those four extra tracks recorded from the 13 sessions will surface, coupled with four live tracks. The track listing is:

Season of the Dead
    Cry All Night
    Take Me Home
    Isolated Man
    God is Dead? (Live Sydney, Australia 4/27/13)
    Under the Sun (Live Auckland, New Zealand 4/20/13)
    End of the Beginning (Live Hamilton, ON Canada 4/11/14)
    Age of Reason (Live Hamilton, ON Canada 4/11/14)

Those four studio tracks sound familiar. Remember my practical joke from April 1, 2015? Anyway, It appears that the CD will be called “The End”. The artwork is below. Both for the CD and for the individual art for each city.

Formal press release on my site here: http://www.black-sabbath.com/2016/01...only-at-shows/

My old April Fool's Joke (14 EP): http://www.black-sabbath.com/2014/03/14ep/

Artwork and city art here:

Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
    View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

agree Joe, bootlegged for the masses and prob released at a later date too... and after opening night prob uploaded on Youtube... Iommi confirmed it was Geezer who say no to a new album and Ozzy's interview revealed Bill wouldn't sign with the stipulation they have another drummer on board for a tour... something many of us suspected. Ozzy said Bill had to owe up to his not having the chops to do it which I can understand him taking exception to... oh well maybe he and they bury the hatchet and Bill plays last song and encore in Birmingham UK but I'd say that's a less than 50/50 chance.
    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

Signed hmmm. Anyone remember what the 13 CD cost signed during the last tour?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone knows about more tour dates?

I'm from Brazil, and theres no dates here yet.

I have vacations on May/June, and thinking of Hungary, on June 1st

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
          Signed hmmm. Anyone remember what the 13 CD cost signed during the last tour?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          I think is was $50 odd dollars from memory of it being discussed on here. Not totally sure though as 13 wasn't out when they toured Australia hence no signed copies could be purchased. I had to source it via other avenues.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
            I think is was $50 odd dollars from memory of it being discussed on here. Not totally sure though as 13 wasn't out when they toured Australia hence no signed copies could be purchased. I had to source it via other avenues.
            It was $50

Comment

I don't know if I'll get the CD but the poster is definitely something I'm interested in.

Comment

Thanks for the info as always, Joe.

Since I'm not going to be attending any of their concerts this go-round, looks like I'll not be getting their cd either. Interesting that they are artificially bottlenecking the distribution. C'est la vie!
                gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

Definitely getting the poster and the cd. This is great news

Comment

Thanks Jack and OIM you guys are gentleman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Excellent. I hope (and am sure) that they'll have plenty of copies at each show to accommodate fans. Just curious, for those who saw them on the NA/EU legs of the '13' tour. Did they seem to have plenty of the signed '13' copies at the shows?

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                        Excellent. I hope (and am sure) that they'll have plenty of copies at each show to accommodate fans. Just curious, for those who saw them on the NA/EU legs of the '13' tour. Did they seem to have plenty of the signed '13' copies at the shows?
                        I think the number was 100 per show. If you're a VIP you'll be golden because you will get a merch table away from the crowds
                        Last edited by OIM; 01-14-2016, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I vaguely remember reading it was 50 each merch stand and that they would sell out relatively quickly. I've got VIP soundcheck tickets for Melbourne so if VIP's have their own exclusive merch stand that'll be music to my ears.

Comment

Originally posted by OIM View Post
                            I think the number was 100 per show. If you're a VIP you'll be golden because you will get a merch table away from the crowds
                            Thanks for that. I'm not a VIP so I'll make sure to try to get in line pretty early on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
                              I vaguely remember reading it was 50 each merch stand and that they would sell out relatively quickly. I've got VIP soundcheck tickets for Melbourne so if VIP's have their own exclusive merch stand that'll be music to my ears.
                              That makes more sense. But wow that's a lot of stuff for the guys to sign each gig

Comment

Working...
                              X