Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Send Questions For Geezer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is your favorite Doctor???
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Originally posted by Shoopsy View Post
      Hey guys. I am preparing for a print interview with Geezer Butler in the very near future. There is no guarantee as of yet, but management is doing their best to make it happen.

I would like to give you all the chance to ask him some questions. I will be sending my questions in a couple of hours, so the sooner the better.

Does an official demo, studio version, or live recording of "Scary Dreams" exist, and if so, will Black Sabbath please release it (even if it's to sell it as a single on ITunes)?

Damn, I just noticed that two other people asked essentially the same question :-)
      Do you want to encourage the Sabb Four to release a studio, demo, or official live version of "Scary Dreams" (the thus far unreleased song they debuted/performed live during their 2001 Ozzfest tour)? If so, consider becoming a fan of Scary Dreams on facebook by clicking the below link:

https://www.facebook.com/blacksabbathscarydreams

Comment

Shoopsy, good luck with the arrangement of an interview with Geezer.

A few questions would include:

1) What Black Sabbath songs are his personal favorites? What is his favorite Black Sabbath album?
        2) Which lyrics is he the most pleased with?
        3) Were there any ideas for a Sabbath song(s) that he wishes the band pursued?

Comment

1. Why didn't Sabbath play in Asia beyond Japan?
          2. Will Sabbath one day jam on stage again like back in the 70s?
          3. Will Sabbath cover blues songs again?
          Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
          Premonition of a shattered world that’s gonna die.
          In the age of reason, how do we survive?
          The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
            Shoopsy, good luck with the arrangement of an interview with Geezer.

A few questions would include:

1) What Black Sabbath songs are his personal favorites? What is his favorite Black Sabbath album?
            2) Which lyrics is he the most pleased with?
            3) Were there any ideas for a Sabbath song(s) that he wishes the band pursued?
            Thanks Sabman! great questions as well. Looks like it will happen. Should also be getting 'Rival Sons' if all goes well. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
              Why didn't you want to write a new album after 13?
              "I was just being logical," the bassist says with a laugh. "At the time, we were given six months to write and record an album and I said, 'There's absolutely no way we can do it in six months.'" He laughs. "Then they came up with, 'Well, you can do a blues album,' you know, just eight 12-bar blues songs and that's it. It's like, 'No. This is Black Sabbath. It's not the Earth blues band anymore.' It was ridiculous."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...0160120?page=2

Comment

Shoopsy, let us know how it works out. An interview with Geezer is a very cool thing.

Comment

What was the plan for Heaven & Hell & Black Sabbath prior to Ronnie James Dio's cancer diagnosis?

Is there a chance of Black Sabbath doing any live jams like you did in the 70's with 'Wicked World' & 'Sabbra Cadabra?'

Can you elaborate on the bar fight that you took part in January 2015?

What is your current status & opinion on marijuana & its legalization?

Will you continue to work with Tony Iommi after "The End" tour?

What (if any) modern bands do you listen to?

Did you know Lemmy Kilmister, and if so, how do you remember him?

At 66 years old, what is your advice to someone trying to make it as a rock bassist in a band for outcasts in 2016?

Any legendary Sabbath drug included exploits from the 70's you may want to elaborate on?
                  Last edited by geezer; 01-21-2016, 12:42 PM.
                  "Just remember love is life and hate is living death" - A National Acrobat

http://flummoxed.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
                    Shoopsy, let us know how it works out. An interview with Geezer is a very cool thing.
                    Will do - still waiting on confirmation.

Comment

I could get a lot more of these asked and answered if Geezer had time for a phone interview or to meet with me before a show.

Sadly, these will all be under close inspection by management and I'm doubtful that many Bill questions will be answered. I still tried.

Comment

Geezer, why isn't anything from the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath & Sabotage records being played live? Honestly, is it because of Ozzy's vocals? Even instrumental versions of 'A National Acrobat', 'Megalomania' & others would be great to hear.

What about 'Wicked World' or 'Planet Caravan'?

Thank you =)
                        If the magic comes between us
                        And we never meet again
                        Take a part of me away
                        'Cause maybe it's all above love
                        ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

Originally posted by SabbathKing93 View Post
                          What about 'Planet Caravan'?
                          He said in a recent interview they tried it to have the full Paranoid album, but it just didn't work out as a live song.
                          95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                          Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by Shoopsy View Post
                            Hey guys. I am preparing for a print interview with Geezer Butler in the very near future. There is no guarantee as of yet, but management is doing their best to make it happen.

I would like to give you all the chance to ask him some questions. I will be sending my questions in a couple of hours, so the sooner the better.

With the release, either as bonus track or songs included on the The End EP, what would your ideal tracklist (i.e playlist) for all the Black Sabbath songs recorded during the 13 recording sessions be?

In other words, if 13 were a double-CD album that included all of these tracks, in what order would you place them?
                            Do you want to encourage the Sabb Four to release a studio, demo, or official live version of "Scary Dreams" (the thus far unreleased song they debuted/performed live during their 2001 Ozzfest tour)? If so, consider becoming a fan of Scary Dreams on facebook by clicking the below link:

https://www.facebook.com/blacksabbathscarydreams

Comment

Please have respect and don't bring up Bill. He's probably sick of those questions

Comment

Originally posted by OIM View Post
                                Please have respect and don't bring up Bill. He's probably sick of those questions
                                Sorry, post retracted, I'm just glad we got the four bonus tracks.
                                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                                X