Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite modern Black Sabbath songs (new survey to include all the bonus tracks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see so many giving love to Pariah. It seems to be one of the songs that isn't really talked about, but it's groove is just fantastic. And I love Ozzy's verse melodies, particularly the "a product of a virgin birth/another god on earth/yes that's your fantasy" - line.

Only thing that sort of bums is that Geezer doesn't play, in lack of better words, "counter punches" in that verse riff alį the bass line he does in the intro riff of God Is Dead?. Maybe Billy knows what I'm trying to get at
    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
      Maybe Billy knows what I'm trying to get at
      Absolutely. Geezer's good at doing that, incorporating the note that makes a chord a jazz-chord. Wonder how much music theory he've picked up over the years..?
      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
      Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
        Glad to see so many giving love to Pariah. It seems to be one of the songs that isn't really talked about, but it's groove is just fantastic. And I love Ozzy's verse melodies, particularly the "a product of a virgin birth/another god on earth/yes that's your fantasy" - line.
        You nailed it!
        Love Pariah!
        Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
          Absolutely. Geezer's good at doing that, incorporating the note that makes a chord a jazz-chord. Wonder how much music theory he've picked up over the years..?
          I've always felt that Geezer might the most aknowledgable member of Sabs in music theory. Iommi certainly has a pretty respectable amount of knowledge on that field too, he uses some pretty wacky chords and phrasing at times.

Outside of the original 4, RJD and Martin were pretty impressive multi-instrumentalists, and Dio even was offered a scholarship at Juliard's.
          "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
          "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
          "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

I've always thought the English bands of the early '70's had it all over their American counterparts because of their diverse musical backgrounds, jazz, English folk, blues which they worshiped. And the English guitarists esp. had much more personality in their individual playing where as American guitarist all sounded like they took lessons from the same teacher..
            "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
            R. Blackmore

Comment

Finally gotten around to hearing the new songs. Just as dull as most songs on 13 and DYK.

Comment

Originally posted by heavens2020
                I'm in love with scary dreams... This band is just perfect for my soul.
                Great song!
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

I think Scary Dreams has they Sabbath 70’s sound, if I’m not mistaken Bill Ward wrote that song, I wish they’d release an official copy.
                  "They tell you black is really white the moon is just the sun at night and when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls, it's heaven and hell"
                  ~ Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesWearBoots View Post
                    I think Scary Dreams has they Sabbath 70’s sound, if I’m not mistaken Bill Ward wrote that song, I wish they’d release an official copy.
                    Yeah, agreed. Would love to have had an official release of that.
                    http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
                    http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
                    http://pike.bandcamp.com
                    http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
                    http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

Comment

I love Nativete in Black, easily my favorite of the 13 songs. I'll edit this post later when other modern Sabbath songs come to mind as my favorites.

edit: Also like Age of Reason too
                      Last edited by 70sOzzyBlackSabbath!; 05-17-2020, 12:34 PM.
                      ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
                      and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Comment

Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbath! View Post
                        I love Nativete in Black, easily my favorite of the 13 songs. I'll edit this post later when other modern Sabbath songs come to mind as my favorites.
                        Mine would be Pariah and Season Of The Dead.

"Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

New contest ..... 50 dollar shopping spree at Sound Exchange for the winner .... all names of participants will go in a jar and a winner will be pulled , will keep it going til we get enough names ..... simply name 10 tracks in order of favorite through tenth favorite , BUT , must include 2 tracks from each era ..... LET'S HAVE FUN!!

Comment

Here it is DJ!

1 I
                            2 The Wizard
                            3 Eternal Idol
                            4 Nightwing
                            5 Zero the hero
                            6 Dopamine
                            7 Turn too stone
                            8 Out of My mind
                            9 Country girl
                            10 All moving parts

That was hard to do!

Comment

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                              Here it is DJ!

1 I
                              2 The Wizard
                              3 Eternal Idol
                              4 Nightwing
                              5 Zero the hero
                              6 Dopamine
                              7 Turn too stone
                              8 Out of My mind
                              9 Country girl
                              10 All moving parts

That was hard to do!
                              Excellent choices Ronn, Dopamine excellent song, I get high on dopamine when I listen to that song, Out of my Mind is out of this world and was my choice also, had to check with Doc first before changing Trashed for that song.

Comment

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                                Here it is DJ!

1 I
                                2 The Wizard
                                3 Eternal Idol
                                4 Nightwing
                                5 Zero the hero
                                6 Dopamine
                                7 Turn too stone
                                8 Out of My mind
                                9 Country girl
                                10 All moving parts

That was hard to do!
                                "I" is a bonafide SABBATH MASTERPIECE brother!!! .... also loving the LOVE for the certified masterpiece in DOPAMINE!!! ..... OUT OF MY MIND and ALL MOVING PARTS (STAND STILL) amazing choices Ronnie Boy!

Dude COUNTRY GIRL , we should just give you the win with that choice right there!

Comment

Working...
                                X