Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Some Thoughts on The End Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get it.....It's the last tour..One would think they would give their fans more than 14 songs a night and play basically as much of their songs as possible. Even if they play a different deep cut each night. I was going threw the songs that Ozzy could still pull off and there are a lot. Wicked World, Cornucopia, National Acrobat, Looking for Today, most of Technical Ecstacy....LIke: All Moving parts, or Gypsy....and just give us something off of Never say Die.....Johnny Blade.......I would take a huge medly.......Like parts of Sabbra Cadabbra with some thrill of it all......I just want to hear more than Hand of Doom, which I love....Bring back tomorrows dream , under the sun and play wheels again or Killing yourself to live......Sorry for the rant but I thougth that they might actually switch up their set with every leg.......my bad......Too bad that they don't ever see these posts and listen to what the fans want......more rare songs......

Comment

sabbath are well known for not mixing it up too much.my wifes cousin whos a big metal head has not bothered with them for years now because hes fed up of the same old songs. he quoted ' if you've seen them once you've seen them a hundred times'. its down to ozzy and what he will and wont sing.

Comment

Originally posted by oh lord yeah! View Post
        sabbath are well known for not mixing it up too much.my wifes cousin whos a big metal head has not bothered with them for years now because hes fed up of the same old songs. he quoted ' if you've seen them once you've seen them a hundred times'. its down to ozzy and what he will and wont sing.
        I saw them twice at the 13th tour

Now i get "probably" Hand of Doom and After Forever instead of

Under the Sun
        Age of Reason
        End of the Beginning
        God Is Dead?

I'd be lying if I said that I did not have hoped for something more

Comment

They have dropped hand of doom from a few of the most recent shows and havent added or changed anything from the 1st legs of the tour.

Doesnt look good folks
          My Website - www.rdemaree.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Demaree View Post
            They have dropped hand of doom from a few of the most recent shows and havent added or changed anything from the 1st legs of the tour.

Doesnt look good folks

Comment

thats disappointing. no doubt its down to ozzy saying he wants it dropped.

Comment

They have dropped hand of doom from a few of the most recent shows and havent added or changed anything from the 1st legs of the tour. Doesnt look good folks
                It was dropped twice. usually once something is dropped, it doesn't come back. But It did on the 23rd
                Last edited by OIM; 06-27-2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OIM View Post
                  It was dropped twice. usually once something is dropped, it doesn't come back. But It did on the 23rd

slippery slope man.

why else would it be dropped twice?

it would incredibly damage the tour if it were dropped.

At that point what are fans getting that they havent heard live zillions of times already ?

After Forever is a soft rare track, it was played in all the 90's reunion shows and the ozzfest tours so its kinda a big deal, but without hand of doom the setlist is very bland, great songs nontheless but we have already heard them all live so many times.

They NEED after forever and hand of doom to keep people interested
                  My Website - www.rdemaree.com

Comment

Oh aren't you lot fussy and demanding fans. . I love it no matter the set list. It is very similar to the 2013 set list but they've dropped 13 tracks. I'm just grateful for the chance to see them again as I assumed in 2013 that would be for the last time. This is a bonus.

Comment

slippery slope man.

why else would it be dropped twice?

it would incredibly damage the tour if it were dropped.

At that point what are fans getting that they havent heard live zillions of times already ?

After Forever is a soft rare track, it was played in all the 90's reunion shows and the ozzfest tours so its kinda a big deal, but without hand of doom the setlist is very bland, great songs nontheless but we have already heard them all live so many times.

They NEED after forever and hand of doom to keep people interested
                      'Hand Of Doom' is one of the main staples of the set list on this tour , a song or 2 could be dropped in a festival settings due to curfew and time restriction , I'm more than sure it will never be dropped from their regular arena appearances on this tour !

Comment

Iron-Man, very good point. I would love so see a longer set, however, a healthy Ozzy will greatly improve the overall performance. Some seem to forget the age these brilliant musicians. I look forward to my last show in just under two months.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
                          Iron-Man, very good point. I would love so see a longer set, however, a healthy Ozzy will greatly improve the overall performance. Some seem to forget the age these brilliant musicians. I look forward to my last show in just under two months.
                          'Hand Of Doom' is a lengthy song and its more of a deep cut rather than the usual classic hit everyone is familiar with like 'War Pigs' ,'Iron man' , 'NIB' ..etc , that's 2 major factors why it would be dropped when having a more limited time headlining one of those festivals in Europe. Where are you seeing them Sabman Cometh ?

Comment

I am happy to report that hand of doom was played in Vienna

Comment

Iron-Man, 8/27/2016, CT, USA

OIM, great to hear.

Comment

Last night I had the heaviest DVD night of all time. I watched Judas Priest's Battle Cry and Black Sabbath's Live...Gathered In Their Masses for the very first time. I've been saving these two for a special occasion. Now that was 3,5 hours worth of the greatest and most original heavy metal I know of. I simply can't see any other bands that could top these two. There was only one singer with his band who could rise to the same level of power as these two...

Now it's only 2 days until Black Sabbath's final show at the Kaisaniemi park in Helsinki. I started to go to metal and rock shows back in January 1994, that was my first. My annual live show visitation cycle started in the summer of 1996 at the annual Nummirock festival, that's 20 years ago. Now, when I go to see Black Sabbath for the last time, it will be the same old location where I experienced my first shows in Helsinki back in July 2004 when Dio headlined the annual Tuska festival. Since then I've been to shows in Helsinki for 33 times. That's 33 roundtrips to Helsinki and back, about 700 km each. Hopefully and somewhat intentionally, the Black Sabbath show will be my last in that city. Kaisaniemi park is the place where these Helsinki tours started 12 years ago, it will hopefully be the place where I say goodbye as well.

It's going to be a train ride this time, early in the morning. The stroll in the city will include visits in local record stores and then to my accommodation. I try to be on the festival location in Kaisaniemi park somewhere around the time when the gates open. The first priority there will be to buy "The End" CD. I want it...

It's a bizarre feeling that in 2 days I will have to say goodbye to Black Sabbath, one of the most important bands in my life. It's sad beyond belief, considering the massive impact this band has had on my life, but it has to end somewhere so I guess this time and place is good to end it. I have to dress in black and I also have to wear my Black Sabbath cross that I bought from my very first Black Sabbath show at the annual Provinssirock festival back in 1998. Dress for the occasion.

Of course, even after the final show, the music of Black Sabbath will always be with me, it will live forever.
                                "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Working...
                                X