Announcement

Collapse

Google Ads Question

Hey gang. I just posted something asking about Google Ads on my website. I'd like people's input (and help possibly) on this. Please go over here and have a read:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...ads#post645883

--- Joe
See more
See less

Sabbath AT&T Center, San Antonio TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zzzptm
    replied
    Originally posted by tokolosi View Post
    'cept it seems I can't post new threads.
    I don't know... maybe you need a certain number of posts to get to that level.

Leave a comment:

• tokolosi
    replied
    'cept it seems I can't post new threads.

Leave a comment:

• zzzptm
    replied
    Pretty sure I got that right. (I've since deleted.) If I wasn't a member, I couldn't post replies such as I'm doing now; I have to log in to post.
    Well, at least you're here now, so no worries going forward!

Leave a comment:

• tokolosi
    replied
    Originally posted by zzzptm View Post
    Did you miss the confirmation email?
    Pretty sure I got that right. (I've since deleted.) If I wasn't a member, I couldn't post replies such as I'm doing now; I have to log in to post.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Cricket
    replied
    Originally posted by zzzptm View Post
    that would be in his notifications "inbox" right? Just thinking he may have missnderstood..

Leave a comment:

• zzzptm
    replied
    Hi there. Maybe someone can help me figure this out.

I've perused this site off and on since sometime in the '90s and have also posted a few concert reviews over the years, but I haven't been into this chat forum until recently.

I read the exchanges on this thread about the San Antonio show. I was at the Houston show a couple days before, and I wanted to share my experience as a bit of compare and contrast to the above. So I signed up to do the forum thing, submitted my thread post, and waited. It didn't show up after a couple days, so I contacted the webmaster to find out what I might've done wrong. No response.

A couple days later, thinking I might've never hit the correct "submission" button or somesuch, reposted the entire thread. Again, it never showed up. All this was a few weeks ago. I certainly don't know all the bells-n-whistles at my disposal in this forum, let alone any minutia that might be required, but I do think I figured out the basics enough to get it out correctly.

Any ideas what I did wrong? Thnx.

Leave a comment:

• tokolosi
    replied
    Hi there. Maybe someone can help me figure this out.

I've perused this site off and on since sometime in the '90s and have also posted a few concert reviews over the years, but I haven't been into this chat forum until recently.

I read the exchanges on this thread about the San Antonio show. I was at the Houston show a couple days before, and I wanted to share my experience as a bit of compare and contrast to the above. So I signed up to do the forum thing, submitted my thread post, and waited. It didn't show up after a couple days, so I contacted the webmaster to find out what I might've done wrong. No response.

A couple days later, thinking I might've never hit the correct "submission" button or somesuch, reposted the entire thread. Again, it never showed up. All this was a few weeks ago. I certainly don't know all the bells-n-whistles at my disposal in this forum, let alone any minutia that might be required, but I do think I figured out the basics enough to get it out correctly.

Any ideas what I did wrong? Thnx.
    Last edited by tokolosi; 12-04-2016, 10:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Cricket
    replied
    Originally posted by RedZero View Post
    I was sad and disappointed. The stage wasn't any good either. The good stage work went out with RJD. Love that castle mock-up they used in RCMH. I was really expecting a good production so their live album (yes we all know it will be released some day) would have an elaborate setup. The live release is going to be a POS like Gathered in their Masses.

I hate to complain so much. I love Sabbath, but their last hurrah sucked... at least in San Antonio they did. Even little things like saying the darned name of the city was a kick in the balls. I'm still happy I went and got to see them after missing them in five previous US dates. I'm also thrilled I got the Limited Edition T-shirt that says "San Antonio, Last US concert ever", it has the date, a Texas Longhorn, and a pentagram -- uber cool. I packed it up on a ziplock to keep it pristine for posterity. I got (the last XXXL one they had) a huge size because historically their shirts come small and shrink when you wash them once.
    Well Red, like I always say, your opinion is your opinion, sorry you had a bad time can't imagine it was that way with everyone there...

Leave a comment:

• RedZero
    replied
    I was sad and disappointed. The stage wasn't any good either. The good stage work went out with RJD. Love that castle mock-up they used in RCMH. I was really expecting a good production so their live album (yes we all know it will be released some day) would have an elaborate setup. The live release is going to be a POS like Gathered in their Masses.

I hate to complain so much. I love Sabbath, but their last hurrah sucked... at least in San Antonio they did. Even little things like saying the darned name of the city was a kick in the balls. I'm still happy I went and got to see them after missing them in five previous US dates. I'm also thrilled I got the Limited Edition T-shirt that says "San Antonio, Last US concert ever", it has the date, a Texas Longhorn, and a pentagram -- uber cool. I packed it up on a ziplock to keep it pristine for posterity. I got (the last XXXL one they had) a huge size because historically their shirts come small and shrink when you wash them once.

Leave a comment:

• zzzptm
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    True, I was at the Page & Plant concert at the Meadowlands Arena, back in the late nineties and Robert Plant started saying it was good to be back in New York and I was like New York? This is fucking New Jersey man! Kinda pissed me off. The asshole audience cheered him on when he said it.
    Meadowlands is New York enough for the NFL, maybe that confused him... If we had the New Jersey Jets and the New Jersey Giants, maybe there would be less difficulty in dealing with the geographic issues.

In seriousness, though, a lot of these guys have to be reminded about where they are because after the first week, they're living in a place called "hotel" or "bus" and don't really have a sense of place beyond that. I've done big road trips myself and have woken up some days needing to check what city I'm in, and that's being sober and without being distracted by groupies, managers, and/or promoters.

Some bands are lucky to even make it to the stage on time...

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by RedZero View Post
    Ozzy only said San Antonio one time. He should have milked it more to get crowd reaction. The crowds love to hear the name of their cities mentioned.
    True, I was at the Page & Plant concert at the Meadowlands Arena, back in the late nineties and Robert Plant started saying it was good to be back in New York and I was like New York? This is fucking New Jersey man! Kinda pissed me off. The asshole audience cheered him on when he said it.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
    Thats not the point, fans would just like some acknowledgement from the band thats its farewell to the US, it would mean a lot to some fans that the band are possibly gonna miss touring America, even if they arent they could at least pretend to lol
    Eh ...

This is a stretch.

Ozzy mentions San Antonio once and this equates to all of this overthink?

Anyway ... I was only pointing out what I thought was ironic complaining and a bit funny. Nothing to do with all of this.

Leave a comment:

• MikeTX
    replied
    After re-watching the video clips I took, it's now clear that something went wrong with Ozzy's throat in the course of the show. He sounded absolutely brilliant on BS and FWB, but it must've gone south right after that. He didn't come over and make the usual faces at Tony during the outro of ITV. And he spent much of the rest of the show either walking back to his throat spray or standing uncomfortably at the mic. So it's no wonder he skipped HOD and didn't play to the crowd more. Poor guy was probably crushed that he couldn't deliver his best performance for the final U.S. Show.

Just hope that it clears up quickly and doesn't affect any remaining shows.

Leave a comment:

• Fozzy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    You've got to love the irony of a fan unaware that he is at Sabbath's last ever US show then citing that the city wasn't mentioned enough during the performance.

You can't make this stuff up.
    Thats not the point, fans would just like some acknowledgement from the band thats its farewell to the US, it would mean a lot to some fans that the band are possibly gonna miss touring America, even if they arent they could at least pretend to lol

Leave a comment:

• zzzptm
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    Interesting.

I pay to hear Black Sabbath perform Black Sabbath music.
    I did that on their Born Again tour, and then the jerks played "Smoke on the Water" in the encore! What the hell?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X