Sabbath AT&T Center, San Antonio TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabbath AT&T Center, San Antonio TX

I haven't been on the forum for a while. Just thought I'd report on the San Antonio gig.
    7pm Long line to park. Had a few brews at a tailgate from some strangers. Sitting at nosebleed section but at least I'm here. I missed Las Vegas twice, Denver, Dallas, Houston, but catching the boys here in San Antonio. My last chance.

No litho poster. The lady said they sold out before they got here (?). How can that be possible? They have some shitty $40 poster that doesn't say San Antonio.

I bought two shirts. $40 one that says San Antonio and has the date. I also got a bootleg one $25 outside just in case they didn't have anything left when I got in. I also bought the CD $30. They had quite a few of them.

Waiting for the opener. I listened to a few tunes and the music sounds good. Doubt they will ever accomplish anything with their dopey name. Native Sons (?) or some crap name like that.

Will give more details after the show.

Maybe the VIP's bought up all the lithos before the doors even opened? I'm gonna be in Texas in just over a weeks time so unfortunately just miss this last US show. Wish I could've planned it to be there for it though but I had to work within specified dates. Im sure it will be an emotional one for U.S Sabbath fans.

Comment

Rival Sons. Cool songs with good riffs. The singer is barefooted. Whazzup with that. Hopefully he doesn't step on a nail. The venue accoustics are bad. A lot of double echo that bounces everywhere.

I can already smell the weed.

I didn't know this was Black Sabbath last US show ever. Glad I'm here to witness The End of the US leg. AT&T Center is filling up slowly. Will Sabbath play a surprise song? I doubt it would be cool to hear EOTB or GID one last time.

Comment

I'm still wishing for a Hongkong gig in the End Sucks Tour...
        Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
        Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
        In the age of reason, how do we survive?
        The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

The Rival Sons singer just got booed. He said something about looking up the Dakota Oil pipeline and that we are too far South to understand.

Geez. Why would he bring up politics at a time like this in Texas. We are here to listen to music not debate politics.

They should be done in two or three more songs.

Comment

Setlist.
            Black Sabbath
            Faires Wear Boots
            After forever.

Ozzy sounds good. Band tight. Clufetos playing well.

Comment

Into the Void

Comment

Snowblind.
                Voice craking.

Comment

No "Hand Of Doom" tonight! :(

Still a good show, but I was a little pissed about that. It was on the setlist that was posted in Ozzy's dressing room (I did VIP). He looked like he was feeling good and the show wasn't running late, so no idea why it was skipped.
                  Last edited by MikeTX; 11-12-2016, 11:49 PM.

Comment

It's always disappointing for those in attendance when they drop a song, particularly a song the calibre of Hand Of Doom which hadn't been played for so many years before this tour. A lot of folks seeing them for the only time on this tour will never get to see it played live. That would kinda suck for them.
                    Last edited by Jack the Stripper; 11-13-2016, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTX View Post
                      No "Hand Of Doom" tonight! :(

Still a good show, but I was a little pissed about that. It was on the setlist that was posted in Ozzy's dressing room (I did VIP). He looked like he was feeling good and the show wasn't running late, so no idea why it was skipped.
                      Ozzy was probably not feeling well and the song was dropped on the spot. Sucks for sure but its the first time to see it happen ! hope you had a great time !

Comment

I was underwhelmed by the stage setup and the performance. Ozzy only said San Antonio one time. He should have milked it more to get crowd reaction. The crowds love to hear the name of their cities mentioned. There was very little interaction. This was supposed to be a special night since it's the last show in the USA but I got the impression this could be whereverstan and the boys didn't really care.

Don't get me wrong, I am super happy I was there but I expected more enthusiasm from the band. They are probably burned out from playing every night.

MikeTX, what do you think of the AT&T Center accoustics?

Comment

Originally posted by RedZero View Post
                          I was underwhelmed by the stage setup and the performance. Ozzy only said San Antonio one time. He should have milked it more to get crowd reaction. The crowds love to hear the name of their cities mentioned. There was very little interaction. This was supposed to be a special night since it's the last show in the USA but I got the impression this could be whereverstan and the boys didn't really care.

Don't get me wrong, I am super happy I was there but I expected more enthusiasm from the band. They are probably burned out from playing every night.

Sad to hear that, but not really suprised. Ozzy hardly ever mentions the city they are playing in these days, shame really 'cos its no real effort just remembering where you are. Crowds like a bit of personal interaction but Ozzy seems incapable of this on recent tours, its just the same "I can't fucking hear you" rubbish.
                          As much as I'm looking forward to the UK Tour I'm expecting the same,even the last Birmingham date I'd be suprised if Ozzy actually says much in between songs.
                          Do you believe a word what the good book says?
                          Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is Dead?

Comment

Originally posted by RedZero View Post

It was all a little too loud and distorted at first, but the mix got better as the show went on. This was my 3rd show of this tour and by far the loudest. But then AT&T is a pretty cavernous arena, so maybe it needed to be to fill the whole place. I was pretty close to the stage (first row above the floor), so I'm sure the sound in the upper decks was a lot different.

And Ozzy has rarely ever mentioned the city name, so that wasn't surprising. He did announce right after the first song that it was the last ever American show, but after that, there wasn't really much acknowledgment by the band that they saw it as anything other than a regular show.

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzy View Post
                              Sad to hear that, but not really suprised. Ozzy hardly ever mentions the city they are playing in these days, shame really 'cos its no real effort just remembering where you are. Crowds like a bit of personal interaction but Ozzy seems incapable of this on recent tours, its just the same "I can't fucking hear you" rubbish.
                              As much as I'm looking forward to the UK Tour I'm expecting the same,even the last Birmingham date I'd be suprised if Ozzy actually says much in between songs.
                              Ozzy does mention the cities and address the crowd , Redzero hit the nail on them being 'burnt out' , that's one thing I've clearly noticed on the last 3 shows I've seen the band playing back in September/October (Hollywood Bowl , AZ and Ozzfest) , they all looked quite exhausted and tired for sure compared to the Australian and 1st US tour show I've seen , and yes .. its no secret such hectic touring schedule did INDEED take its toll on all 3 of them , Ozzy have been singing very well on the whole tour , but I've noticed on the 2nd U.S leg that he seemed to saving most of his energy to the actual singing rather shouting and working the crowd more , he did that part as well ,but it was more smart and economic , not to mention the crowd being quite lame at times as well ! with that been said , I have to say that those Live Nation M&G plays a certain role in that too , they now have to be quite early at the venue to do those particular sound checks and then do those M&G (someone mentioned around 300 fans doing those at the Ozzfest !) , add to that the hectic schedule , all the travelling and the age factor ! so yeah a lot of their energy gets quite sucked sometime before each and every show.

Comment

Working...
                              X