Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

February 13th 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 13th 2020

To Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the release date for the album that changed the world Forever... Black Sabbath.

Bill Tony Geezer and Ozzy should write and record a 4 song EP of new Black Sabbath songs to be released February 13th 2020... The songs could be about anything they want but it would be cool if they used their names for the 4 new songs...Bill - Tony - Geezer - Ozzy.

The 50th anniversary is 3 years away so there is plenty of time.

Black Sabbath (Bill Tony Geezer and Ozzy) could also play every song on their album Black Sabbath on February 13th 2020 in Birmingham.
    Last edited by thewizard; 02-07-2017, 01:01 AM.

Good idea, but doubt it will happen.
    I find it hard to believe they didnt plan on finishing the Black Sabbath legend next year, 2018, 50 years since the four of them got together, seems strange they'd jack it in after 49yrs, and not 50.

Villa Park Summer 2018, thats how it should finish.
    Do you believe a word what the good book says?
    Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is Dead?

Comment

Tony's health permitting, I hope that's an option. But this last go-round may well have been the last go-round.

Comment

Tony Iommi has once again said that he wouldn't rule out BLACK SABBATH recording new material or playing a one-off event.
        BLACK SABBATH finished its year-long "The End" farewell tour on Saturday night (February 4) in the band's hometown of Birmingham, England, closing out the quartet's groundbreaking 49-year career with an emotional 15-song set.
        The band decided to make this tour its last because Iommi, who was diagnosed with cancer in late 2011 and is currently in remission, can no longer travel for extended amounts of time.
        Speaking to the U.K. radio station Planet Rock, Iommi said: "I'm going to miss playing on stage because that has been my whole life, the band and playing on stage. I like [playing on stage] and I'm sure it's not going to end like that; I'm sure we might do a one-off show somewhere.

"It's just the touring for me — it's time to stop roaming the world and be at home for a bit... I'm still going to write and put stuff out."
        Asked if SABBATH's recording days are truly over, Tony said: "No, I don't think we've ruled anything out apart from me not wanting to tour any more on that scale, but who knows, we may do something. We haven't spoken about it. That's another thing — we haven't talked about anything, really, that's to do with what's going to happen afterwards. But I'm sure something can happen somewhere."
        Tony added that he is looking forward to the new chapters ahead in his life. "It's nice just to take some time off and really think about it," he said. "I've been offered quite a lot of stuff at the moment. It's quite exciting. There are lots of different things coming in, things I would never have thought, to be honest. It's all there and needs some thought. I don't want to rush into anything.
        "Thing is, when you're touring, you've got to go out for six, eight, twelve months or whatever and you've got a schedule that you have to do. Now… if I want to do some TV for a month, I can do that."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ton...OXZt8OmJPdb.99

Comment

They should get it all in-the-can, as they say, right away and sit on it until then, as Dio has shown us...God knows what can happen in a very short period of time at their age.

Or any age, really...

Comment

Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
            They should get it all in-the-can, as they say, right away and sit on it until then, as Dio has shown us...God knows what can happen in a very short period of time at their age.

Or any age, really...
            Yeah, in this material world, with its linear time (I hate the linearity of time!), the future will always be clouded – no matter that it turns into the present every single moment. As soon as our mind admits this, afterwards it will recoil to the system of persuasions that protect our survival on this Earthly plane (where is no Eden, alas). Let's wish the legendary Brummies (first of all Tony Iommi, of course) well, regardless of whether they'll do another album or not. Hopefully, they will...
            :) My signature is not available due to the censorship on the part of my alter ego :(

Comment

Great thought, but who knows how many of those guys are still going to be around. The time is now.

Comment

If possible they should write a song dedicated to Blade Runner
                Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Working...
                X