Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Black sabbath the end of the end ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im excited for this. I always dig live albums. But this is the final concert ever. So both the Audio and video will be special. Disc 3 is strange but will be very interesting. I was really hoping those tracks were recorded during Pre-tour rehearsals. But they were recorded after the final show. I guess they knew fans was curious to hear some of the deep cuts they had been rehearsing and decided to give us a tease of it anyway.

But I have to agree the artwork is awful. Do we have a release date yet?
    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
      Im excited for this. I always dig live albums. But this is the final concert ever. So both the Audio and video will be special. Disc 3 is strange but will be very interesting. I was really hoping those tracks were recorded during Pre-tour rehearsals. But they were recorded after the final show. I guess they knew fans was curious to hear some of the deep cuts they had been rehearsing and decided to give us a tease of it anyway.

But I have to agree the artwork is awful. Do we have a release date yet?
      I think November 17th the article said for the UK, you can pre order it now, probably the 14th of November for the US

I like the art work \m/

Comment

The End Of The End review

"The End Of The End, one part concert film, one part documentary, captures that living wake. The big-budget live footage captures the tangible levels of emotion swirling around the band and the audience (anyone who thinks they never need to hear War Pigs again should clock the titanic version here). Thereís gold in the off-stage footage: Ozzy blasting a harmonica on a rehearsal room blast through The Wizard, or the band musing on their friendship with estranged drummer Bill Ward."

http://teamrock.com/review/2017-09-0...the-end-review

Comment

It really sucks that Black Sabbath never traveled to east Asia beyond Japan :((((((((((((
          Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
          Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
          In the age of reason, how do we survive?
          The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Available to order:

https://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/...s-disc-box-set

Comment

Has anyone ever seen this on a US market yet? I have not and that is strange.
              www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

I was looking at the tracklisting and it seems that we get longer versions of:
                Under The Sun / Every Day Comes And Goes,
                After Forever,
                Dirty Women,
                Children Of The Grave
                - and the drum solo!
                on the CDs - I imagine they've been edited for the film - so to really get everything - I'll have to buy everything!
                I agree with the comments on the packaging - it reminds me of the Radio City Music Hall set - but not so good
                Annyway looking forward to seeing the film next week!

Comment

I'll bet we hear about worldwide release right after the screening on the 28th. They probably want people to go see the film rather than just wait to buy it later on.

Comment

Originally posted by svullo View Post
                    Thereís gold in the off-stage footage: Ozzy blasting a harmonica on a rehearsal room blast through The Wizard"

http://teamrock.com/review/2017-09-0...the-end-review
                    Probably promotion for this.

http://ozzy-playhohner.com/

Comment

I'm off to see The End Of The End tomorrow evening. Sabbath on the big screen.

Really looking forward to it.

Comment

Just under two hours!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                          Just under two hours!
                          Anybody else going to the Yonge-Dundas showing in Toronto tonight?

im pumped!
                          My Website - www.rdemaree.com

Comment

*Possible spoiler alert*

Just got back from the screening tonight and thought it was absolutely brilliant!

First off - The concert is incredibly well shot(one of the best I've seen). It doesn't suffer from that 3 frames a second quick cut editing style which makes your eyes hurt that a lot of concert DVDs seem to have these days. It has lot of extreme close ups, particularly of Tony's fingers playing which was awe-inspiring to watch as was Geezers playing.
                            Also pleasing to the eyes was that the crowd shots aren't overdone either.(Think I even spotted our very own IRON-MaN from the forums letting loose at the tail end of Snowblind )

The sound was immense in the theatre and the overall mix spot on just like it is when you see them live.
                            Ozzy sounds great throughout, maybe a little too great for him but it's not at all noticeable that their is overdubbing.

The performance footage is cut with interviews and behind the scenes tour footage which might get some of you thinking they've fucked it up like The Last Supper but it totally worked in the theatre setting. Just broke it up a little and helped keep it interesting and entertaining. The live in the studio footage is absolute gold!

The only slight negative I'd say is that the actual movie seemed a bit short, maybe about 90 minutes or so but after the credits rolled there is some off-cut interview footage tacked on along with some bonus full length songs that runs about 30 minutes which felt a bit odd to be honest. Would've been better if it was all included in the actual movie to make it 2 hours long. Also, couldn't help feel that Bill is missed, not so much the performance side of it but more when they're sitting around chatting & reminiscing.

All in all I really enjoyed it, loved it actually and can't recommend enough that you go along and see it in the theatre, the way it should be seen instead of waiting for it t come out on DVD. Totally different experience.
                            Last edited by Jack the Stripper; 09-28-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

^^^ Looking forward to the BluRay.

I could go to tonights showing at my local but I won't. Looking at the cinema website it looks 2/3 full and there's still over 2 hours before it starts.
                              My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by KiloDeltaCharlie View Post
                                ^^^ Looking forward to the BluRay.

I could go to tonights showing at my local but I won't. Looking at the cinema website it looks 2/3 full and there's still over 2 hours before it starts.
                                Surprised you're not going considering the big cinema goer you are. Also I might be wrong but I don't think the actual theatrical release is being released as part of the boxset. You really should go Kilo.

Comment

Working...
                                X