Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Black sabbath the end of the end ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black sabbath the end of the end ?

BLACK SABBATH THE END OF THE END

I guess this is the movie they talked about.

Is there anyone here who knows more?

"The End of The End is the story of that final, emotionally-charged concert. Fans are taken into the heart of the action, up close and personal with the band on stage as they perform genre-defining hits, from Iron Man to Paranoid to War Pigs, amongst others. Sabbath also took the opportunity to spend some time in the studio, delivering a unique performance of some of their favourite songs."

https://genesiscinema.co.uk/GenesisC...?Film=7670354#

very cool looking forward to it!
    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
    R. Blackmore

Comment

Black Sabbath: The End of the End - Black Sabbath: The End of the End - September 28, 2017 at 9:30 PM

Tickets for this event will go on sale on June 28th

https://enzian.secure.force.com/tick...600000AZMvJEAX

Comment

Where will this be showing?
        "They tell you black is really white the moon is just the sun at night and when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls, it's heaven and hell"
        ~ Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Thanks Svullo. Hopefully it gets some screenings in my city. Be awesome to watch it on the big screen in true theatre surround sound.

However the thing that has me most curious and excited is the last paragraph of your initial post.

"Sabbath also took the opportunity to spend some time in the studio, delivering a unique performance of some of their favourite songs"

This is something I've always thought would be a cool idea for Sabbath to do. Record/Film some of their songs live off the floor in the studio in a relaxed environment with just them and some sound guys. Similar to what Maiden did with Live from Abbey Road or Metallica did with St Anger live from HQ.

If in fact this is true and I'm reading it right.

Comment

Hopefully it will be released on DVD afterwards, if the show comes to my town I'll be seeing it.
            "They tell you black is really white the moon is just the sun at night and when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls, it's heaven and hell"
            ~ Ronnie James Dio

Comment

I guess it will be an official
              announcement at any time now

https://www.curzon.org.uk/film/32315

http://enzian.org/film/black-sabbath-end-end/
              Last edited by svullo; 06-25-2017, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post

"Sabbath also took the opportunity to spend some time in the studio, delivering a unique performance of some of their favourite songs"

This is something I've always thought would be a cool idea for Sabbath to do. Record/Film some of their songs live off the floor in the studio in a relaxed environment with just them and some sound guys. Similar to what Maiden did with Live from Abbey Road or Metallica did with St Anger live from HQ.

Yes, that's what I thought looks most interesting

Comment

Originally posted by svullo View Post
                  Yes, that's what I thought looks most interesting
                  I wonder if Ozzy could maybe even pull off singing(to a respectable level) some of the songs that are out of his vocal range these days with the luxury of singing in a more relaxed controlled environment and being able to do multiple takes?

Also, I hope the concert film isn't fucked up by the fast-cut editing style that seems to be common practice with a lot of concert DVDs these days. It not only ruins the enjoyment of watching it it actually makes your eyes hurt!

Comment

Thanks Svullo. Hopefully it gets some screenings in my city. Be awesome to watch it on the big screen in true theatre surround sound.

However the thing that has me most curious and excited is the last paragraph of your initial post.

After the last gig the band spent around three more days in the studio in the UK to wrap up some further filming for that particular DVD/Blu Ray documentary , fingers crossed those are some different takes of some classics that haven't made it to the final tour setlist , some of these songs might be 'The Wizard' , 'Wicked World' and maybe some other songs that we heard some snippets during sound checks like 'Cornucopia' ! I can't wait for this to be released ! So excited !

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
                      After the last gig the band spent around three more days in the studio in the UK to wrap up some further filming for that particular DVD/Blu Ray documentary , fingers crossed those are some different takes of some classics that haven't made it to the final tour setlist , some of these songs might be 'The Wizard' , 'Wicked World' and maybe some other songs that we heard some snippets during sound checks like 'Cornucopia' ! I can't wait for this to be released ! So excited !
                      Yeah I'm pretty pumped about it as well, especially if we get some of those songs you mention that weren't part of the tour set. Be worth buying for that alone.

...And - We'll all know who to thank too if we get a live studio version of Cornucopia
                      Last edited by Jack the Stripper; 06-28-2017, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty pumped about it as well, especially if we get some of those songs you mention that weren't part of the tour set. Be worth buying for that alone.

...And - We'll all know who to thank too if we get a live studio version of Cornucopia
                        Next year ... To celebrate Black Sabbath's 50 year anniversary.... they should release a remastered edit free The Last Super dvd showing all the songs in full with no interviews!!!!!!!!!

Comment

"The band also takes to Angelic Studios in order to perform tracks that havenít seen the light of day for over forty years. After half a century, this is your chance to hear the final word from the greatest metal band of all time."

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/date/GLDKII

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesWearBoots View Post
                            Where will this be showing?
                            It's getting a worldwide release for one day only. There is a link within this link of a list of cinemas it'll be showing at with more to be added. http://bravewords.com/news/black-sab...this-september

Good news for me it's screening in quite a few cinema's in my city including one about 10 minutes from where I live. And again, this studio stuff sounds very intriguing & exciting.

I think this End Of The End is gonna be quite a unique & cool experience and a must see on the big screen for Sabbath diehards.
                            Last edited by Jack the Stripper; 06-29-2017, 01:49 AM.

Comment

It's getting a worldwide release for one day only. There is a link within this link of a list of cinemas it'll be showing at with more to be added. http://bravewords.com/news/black-sab...this-september

Good news for me it's screening in quite a few cinema's in my city including one about 10 minutes from where I live. And again, this studio stuff sounds very intriguing & exciting.

I think this End Of The End is gonna be quite a unique & cool experience and a must see on the big screen for Sabbath diehards.
                              My thoughts exactly. Plenty of cinemas in Sydney, including one quite close to me. This is a must see for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X