X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ronn
    replied
    Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Absolutely Fantastic brother , love it!!! ,,,, between this and the 3 "moving" stories from TYR66 , Sabman and Sweet in "The Listen" ,, we have 4 awesome contenders!! ,,, now let's get 6 more and take it to the polls for some voting , fun , surprises and gems!!

.... if anyone's interested ,, I sometimes tend to get excited and ahead of myself , while others wonder - "what's up with this dude?"

God Bless
    Thanks Doc \m/
    Going for the win

Great looking prize, color vinyls of all 8 must look amazing!

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    Contender #5 , "thewizard" - has entered the contest with a beautiful Dio Era moment posted in "The Listen" ,,,, this is what gets the juices flowing - "thewizard" I always took as a Oz Era first kind of guy , and here his story takes us right in the heart of the "Mob Rules" !!!! ..... Good stuff wizard , good stuff indeed!

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    Ok, Doc, I'll play.

But I have think about this ...
    Contender #6 right around the corner!! ,,, you can't keep a real Sab Maniac silent for long ,, beautiful member to have join this Sab circus camaraderie ..... take your time brother , the highest voted moments (when we get to 10 members strong) - enters the raffle for a gem-set of SABBATH!!

thewizard n Jeff , Thank you for joining - not only to make me feel less "crazy" ,, but giving the other contenders a chance to have a drawing / raffle / whatever .... you , Sabbath fans - FN ROCK!

God bless

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    Ok, Doc, I'll play.

But I have think about this ...

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by ronn View Post
    A revelation for the prize Doc,

I am black sabbath, the music is my medicine, it's intoxicating.
    When I'm listening I become one with the music, it runs through my blood, it's bloody good!
    I need it every day, it's my drug, every song, every era, I am Black Sabbath \m/
    Absolutely Fantastic brother , love it!!! ,,,, between this and the 3 "moving" stories from TYR66 , Sabman and Sweet in "The Listen" ,, we have 4 awesome contenders!! ,,, now let's get 6 more and take it to the polls for some voting , fun , surprises and gems!!

.... if anyone's interested ,, I sometimes tend to get excited and ahead of myself , while others wonder - "what's up with this dude?"

God Bless

Leave a comment:

• ronn
    replied
    Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    How's this for a Sabbath idea guys ..... Either here or in "The Listen" or someone start a new thread - the FIRST 10 people (time wise) to post one of their own personal favorite Sabbath moments ,,, either a listening experience , a concert , meeting the band , a revelation or anything - someone takes those FIRST 10 stories and makes a new thread with a poll everyone can vote on ,, with the 10 people's names listed in the poll - and the TOP 3 vote getters (does NOT matter who has the most votes , as long as they are one of the TOP 3) will be put into a drawing by Mary or myself , and the name that gets pulled - I will send free of charge (product and shipping) , one of the three sets ..... if I have no sets remaining ,, then the winner can order themselves one of the sets (reasonably priced) , and I will send that winner a check to cover the cost of the product and the shipping.

.... also whoever sets up the poll thread after we have 10 stories , make sure everyone can vote just one time for 3 people , themselves and 2 others ..... and in that thread (kind of like survivor) , you can make a case for why others should vote for you and or for someone else .... with a time limit til the poll closes.

Kool idea ? ,,, or no ..... you guys decide - could be a fun Sabbath experience ,, happy storytelling!!

God Bless
    A revelation for the prize Doc,

I am black sabbath, the music is my medicine, it's intoxicating.
    When I'm listening I become one with the music, it runs through my blood, it's bloody good!
    I need it every day, it's my drug, every song, every era, I am Black Sabbath \m/

Leave a comment:

• TYR66
    replied
    ^^^^
    Doc , thanx again for this gesture of kindness and generosity. You 're the man .
    Your idea should be so much appreciated here.

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    How's this for a Sabbath idea guys ..... Either here or in "The Listen" or someone start a new thread - the FIRST 10 people (time wise) to post one of their own personal favorite Sabbath moments ,,, either a listening experience , a concert , meeting the band , a revelation or anything - someone takes those FIRST 10 stories and makes a new thread with a poll everyone can vote on ,, with the 10 people's names listed in the poll - and the TOP 3 vote getters (does NOT matter who has the most votes , as long as they are one of the TOP 3) will be put into a drawing by Mary or myself , and the name that gets pulled - I will send free of charge (product and shipping) , one of the three sets ..... if I have no sets remaining ,, then the winner can order themselves one of the sets (reasonably priced) , and I will send that winner a check to cover the cost of the product and the shipping.

.... also whoever sets up the poll thread after we have 10 stories , make sure everyone can vote just one time for 3 people , themselves and 2 others ..... and in that thread (kind of like survivor) , you can make a case for why others should vote for you and or for someone else .... with a time limit til the poll closes.

Kool idea ? ,,, or no ..... you guys decide - could be a fun Sabbath experience ,, happy storytelling!!

God Bless

Leave a comment:

• ElvesWearBoots
    replied
    Is this a band sponsored release and will Rhino be releasing this here in the U.S.?

Leave a comment:

• Billy Underdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
    my OCD is telling me to "get it"
    Me too, and i guess it's fanfreaks and collectors like us they're catering to with limited releases and different versions. Doesn't even seem to be much difference between the versions either, exept some (equally) limited artwork. Not even the same in every one, as far as i can see, if you got the gold one, you won't get the artwork from the two top silver ones (which also doesn't have the same ones). The less silver one doesn't have any (should've been bronze, then). So to get them all, you'd have to buy three boxes.
    And they all cost the same...
    Clarely only to milk a fancraze people like us helped create. Still want one, though...

But good point about hopefully alot of new and better stuff to come.

https://www.tenyearwar.com/
    Last edited by Billy Underdog; 06-24-2017, 04:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Billy Underdog
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    I can't imagine they won't capitalize on archive video footage at some point..
    Ofcourse, but if you're able to capitalize on rehashes too, then why? Though i agree wholeheartedly with you, see it from their point of view. It's just something about Sabbath and unreleased material. After all, we only got the bonus discs for the first three because they didn't have full control over it.
    Last edited by Billy Underdog; 06-24-2017, 03:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jack the Stripper
    replied
    As much as my OCD is telling me to "get it" I'm tipping there is gonna be an influx of Sabbath material next year to mark their 50th anniversary so I'm gonna save my Sabbath dollars for then. Nice looking set though...

Leave a comment:

• ElvesWearBoots
    replied
    So there is no way to get this if it's not marketed in America and all the good ones are sold out?

Will it be available in eBay?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    If it were going to be analog, I'd probably bite because of the extras, but this is just another digitally sourced deal where look is going to trump sound, IMO.

I can't imagine they won't capitalize on archive video footage at some point. And the thing is, all they need to do is license the best possible sources, compile things and release it! If you think about the Led Zeppelin DVD you're talking about Jimmy Page painstakingly editing and polishing to attempt to show Led Zeppelin's live experience in the best possible light. Iommi doesn't need to do squat. The footage that is out there shows this was one of the best live bands on the planet and it can probably be released for the most part "as is."

They are just way behind on this. Deep Purple has a mountain of DVDs containing vintage footage available, and yet nothing from Sabbath. My guess is that that they probably feel stuff like that can come out when they don't have any new product to offer and obviously a DVD of The End tour is in the works, but yet the first eight albums get recycled again and again without much hesitation.

The stuff they could release on DVD would really put the official stamp on the quality of their live shows in the 70s. The promoter of Cal Jam (name escapes me) who had of course seen countless rock shows said that Sabbath's performance at the festival was the greatest performance he had ever seen by anyone. And even if only 25 minutes exist, this stuff is sitting there in color with great sound. If ABC controls it, pay them and get it done. Kirshner as well. That stuff would be super expensive to license but FFS I cannot imagine it wouldn't pay off. Instead they take the footage from "Hole In The Sky," change it to B&W (probably to get around licensing?), overdub the studio version and release a "video" on YT?

This band needs no help in knowing how to market themselves as they are one of the biggest acts on the planet, but yet I do feel they miss out on a lot of opportunities to take things even further. And I really feel it's because Tony doesn't want to take ownership of the brand like he did in the mid 70s due to the tensions that perhaps caused overall. But he should look at his buddy Jimmy Page and the way he controls the Led Zeppelin archive. Of course, Tony might feel like he is still active and has better things to do than milk the past, so I don't know ...

A little disappointed after being excited, but no big deal.

Leave a comment:

• axeman_12656
    replied
    I am real disappointed with this one. I was hoping for something new. That set is nice. I get it. But I would have preferred the DVD Iron-mAn mentioned. Or certainly a DVD of the final shows over this. I understand we still may get those things. But.. it's just an odd release to me.

Leave a comment:

• SweetSymptom
    replied
    Originally posted by RedZero View Post
    Another 8 disk compilation. Big yawn here. They couldn't even get it right and include 13. I'm going back to sleep. I'm so done with this. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz.
    '13' wouldn't form part of the 'Ten Year War' because it was released in 2013. Semantics, etc. But still.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X