No announcement yet.

Bill open for reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a desire for another reunion of this band.

1. I saw Black Sabbath during their reunion tour in 1998 - without Bill.

2. Then I saw Black Sabbath again during their second reunion tour in 2013 - again without Bill.

3. Lastly, I was at Black Sabbath's final show in Finland in 2016 - once more without Bill.

It's a shame Bill was never there. He's my number one drummer of all time.

What's yet to come is the movie theater presentation in September, "The End Of The End".

Black Sabbath = No Bill Ward.
    "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

Originally posted by RedZero View Post
      Reunion? No Bill. It's too late for that. It's over and there was no drama.

IMO "The End" tour sucked while "13" tour rocked.
      I thought the performance on the End was far superior to "13"
      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
      R. Blackmore

Comment

Just saw this. Sad.

https://www.facebook.com/billwarddru...44441528934835

STATEMENT ABOUT BLACK SABBATH - RESPONSE TO TONY IOMMI

Hi Everyone,

I hope this day finds you all in good spirits and good health.
        Again I feel in a position where Iím compelled to defend my actions in the period of 2011 up to, I suppose, today. Tony Iommiís comments and some of Ozzyís, remain in a place of disparaging remarks, which bring fault to my character as a person and a musician. I completely disagree with their comments. What they believe is quite opposite from my experience, especially in 2011 when no one spoke to me of being alarmed by my playing or my health. If they kept the info, which they so readily share now, to themselves in 2011, then let that be their shortcoming. How can I be judged that I could not do a tour when we were working on an album. How can I be judged in 2011 on health issues when none existed that would endanger a long term tour. They all know very clearly how well I prepare to tour. I did not know I was being judged in 2011, if that is indeed their truth.

Tonyís comment (and Iím assuming it was in reference to me touring) was, ďI donít think he quite realizes how hard it would have been on himĒ How can Tony say that. I know what it takes to tour. Iíve helped to set the physical and playing bar that was metal then and today. What an undermining, self-centered thing for Tony to say. What an inaccurate thing for Tony to say. I had played all the Ozzfests and Sabbath tours after the reunion. Keep in mind, they did one tour without me first, I think just to see if it could work without me. Iím sorry and mean no malice in saying this, but it was their fear, their mistrust, and their rationale that put back-up drummers on the stage at the reunion and other tours. I disliked that they did that, but understood they wanted to. I got on with my work, playing drums in Sabbath. Never once was a back-up drummer required, and no, I did not validate the fears of those who had fears.

I missed a European tour after my one and only heart attack in 1998. I can appreciate that Black Sabbathís interests needed to be protected for the sake of future commitments to the fans, promoters, and all involved.

Ozzy said the saddest thing is that he/Bill needed to own up to that. Own up to what in 2011. What was I supposed to own up to, when I felt exhilarated, confident, and strong. Own up to, Iím not up to this, Iím sick and canít play; those failings didnít exist in me, they still donít exist today. I had nothing to own up to, nothing to confess. The fact that Oz had reacted with sadness tells me he was already sold on his own judgement of me. And that is very sad to know.

Tony commented, ďand itís silly really because it was over nothing.Ē I have to confront that statement. I canít let that wash into my life and my familyís life, and the lives of all those affected by an original band failure. It was something. It meant everything to thousands of people including me. It will always be something and it will always ring with truth, and actual correct accountability. By saying it was nothing, dishonours the credibility of our fans, and insults the very heart of what we all clung to, Black Sabbath.

I will have my experience in the time period of 2011 and Tony and Ozzy will have theirs. And, itís plain to me, weíre as opposite and opposing as ever.

I wonít forget Ozzyís last phone call of January 23rd or so 2012, asking when I would arrive in England to commence rehearsals. Why would he say that if my performance level of 2011 had already been judged.

I regret the loss of Ozzyís friendship.

I regret the loss of Tonyís friendship.

Finally, and Iíve defended this many times, I couldnít play one gig or a couple of gigs here or there with a back-up drummer or no back-up drummer. To do that one gig would put me in an elitist position, and I canít do that for all the other fans who couldnít see that one gig.

Iím honoured to have been a part of Black Sabbath, and to have played with Tony Iommi, Ozzy Osbourne, and Geezer Butler.

Long Live Black Sabbath.

Bill Ward
        Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
        Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
        In the age of reason, how do we survive?
        The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

^^^ irritating and boring . It's over now ...

EDIT :
          Last edited by TYR66; 08-19-2017, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Bill is like a sad cry baby now...if he had only been honest to begin with then he wouldn't have to carry on beating this dead horse over and over again...besides who the hell cares anymore anyways?

And now no one can say that Bill was asked about this and that's why he's talking this nonsense again...this was a statement!

Comment

This is getting old

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                Bill is like a sad cry baby now...if he had only been honest to begin with then he wouldn't have to carry on beating this dead horse over and over again...besides who the hell cares anymore anyways?

And now no one can say that Bill was asked about this and that's why he's talking this nonsense again...this was a statement!
                Incorrect my good brother .... As Joe Siegler stated this morning Ward is only responding to what others (Ozzy , Geezer and in this case Iommi) are saying in PUBLIC - not only about , but to Bill himself through a "multimedia" medium that anyone can see and read ,, and much of what they are stating is incorrect and inaccurate - So kudos to Bill to continue to respond (the key word is RESPOND) , everytime these guys vomit the same bullsh*t .....

Iommi last month ..... "I don’t think he quite realizes how hard it would have been on him. So we wanted to bring another drummer just in case Bill ended up saying ‘I can’t do it’ for a couple of days or whatever. It’s too risky to go out and then have Bill say ‘I can’t do it,’ and you have to cancel [a show] on seventy thousand people, or whatever it might be. It’s very hard, and it’s not fair on the fans and it’s not fair on him.”

Come on Tony ,, that's not even the point - you 3 screwed your boy over "money" , not health .... the album "13" was priceless with Bill , OK I'll say for political (I hate politics) reasons "would" have been priceless with Bill ,,, this had nothing to do with "touring" - stop!

Anyway God Bless to Ward for being a MAN amongst boys.

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                  Incorrect my good brother .... As Joe Siegler stated this morning Ward is only responding to what others (Ozzy , Geezer and in this case Iommi) are saying in PUBLIC - not only about , but to Bill himself through a "multimedia" medium that anyone can see and read ,, and much of what they are stating is incorrect and inaccurate - So kudos to Bill to continue to respond (the key word is RESPOND) , everytime these guys vomit the same bullsh*t .....

Iommi last month ..... "I don’t think he quite realizes how hard it would have been on him. So we wanted to bring another drummer just in case Bill ended up saying ‘I can’t do it’ for a couple of days or whatever. It’s too risky to go out and then have Bill say ‘I can’t do it,’ and you have to cancel [a show] on seventy thousand people, or whatever it might be. It’s very hard, and it’s not fair on the fans and it’s not fair on him.”

Come on Tony ,, that's not even the point - you 3 screwed your boy over "money" , not health .... the album "13" was priceless with Bill , OK I'll say for political (I hate politics) reasons "would" have been priceless with Bill ,,, this had nothing to do with "touring" - stop!

Anyway God Bless to Ward for being a MAN amongst boys.
                  THANK YOU for continuing to defend Bill! My god, some people sometimes w/ their willingness to attack him at any second.

Re: LousST's recent post about:

STATEMENT ABOUT BLACK SABBATH - RESPONSE TO TONY IOMMI

Mixed feelings about it tbh...so many, I don't know where I stand on it as of now...

In general, I find it sad that nobody seems to wanna drop everything and just have an honest-to-goodness reunion, either live touring and/or make a new album together...all 4 original members I feel should be grateful they're still alive, still able to play and sing in Ozzy's case, healthy enough to be able to do these things, let bygones be bygones, etc. ...all of them are aging, and one or more might die soon-ish I fear...time's running short, and it doesn't seem likely at all they'd be able to do even something like a one-off show ft. all 4 original members....that alone would be enough for me perhaps.

I'd really like to witness , either in video form and/or possibly in person, a modern day show that features all 4 orig. members accompanied by the "5th member" that's only present when all 4 orig. members play together as Black Sabbath...although it's highly not likely to happen, I still wanna low-key believe that such magic may be able to happen at least once more, while all 4 members are still alive and musically active
                  ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
                  and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Comment

I don't think it was over money, but pride. It must have been obvious after the 1st couple rehearsals to Tony, Geez and Ozzy that Bill's "chops" weren't up to sunff. I think the contract they offered him stipulated an additional drummer be on board and Bill's pride wouldn't allow it. But alas, this has gotten old.
                    "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                    R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                      I don't think it was over money, but pride. It must have been obvious after the 1st couple rehearsals to Tony, Geez and Ozzy that Bill's "chops" weren't up to sunff. I think the contract they offered him stipulated an additional drummer be on board and Bill's pride wouldn't allow it. But alas, this has gotten old.
                      I completely agree with the above comment - sorry BTE and others, but Bill's abilities have been in question for some time and I believe the contract stipulation about an additional drummer, etc. has merit.

Ted

Comment

I'm pretty certain Doc went over this time and again, thanks Doc for one more time \m/
                        Wake up people money is pride

Comment

Bill himself has stated that it was about more than money.

So when I see people say it was all about money, I can't help but think that is exaggerated.

It's also interesting that the first article which appeared in this latest case mentioned Bill "being dismissed."

That is factually inaccurate. Whether he had good reason or not will probably be debated for many years to come, but Bill left. He was not "dismissed."
                          "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
                          -WTB

Comment

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                            I'm pretty certain Doc went over this time and again, thanks Doc for one more time \m/
                            Wake up people money is pride
                            Money isn't necessarily pride. I'm sure Ozzy, Tony and Geezer are quite well off financially.

Ted

Comment

Bill left Black Sabbath because of a garbage contract that revolved around "money" - and everything THAT particular money represented - that's a fact ,,, What he was offered was an insult to what he helped create - It was a joke in direct comparison to the others , along with touring restrictions that once again affected the MONEY , Bill has way too much pride for that kind of crap ..... and as far as "13" is concerned - Bill was beyond approach capable of delivering an even BETTER "13" than we have now (and that's saying something) ..... ya straight up , Bill has been a pillar of strength on this subject , while the others have not , and they should keep their "secrets" to themselves .... just the facts.
                              Last edited by BACK TO EDEN; 08-20-2017, 07:04 PM. Reason: God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                                Bill left Black Sabbath because of a garbage contract that revolved around "money" - and everything THAT particular money represented - that's a fact ,,, What he was offered was an insult to what he helped create - It was a joke in direct comparison to the others , along with touring restrictions that once again affected the MONEY , Bill has way too much pride for that kind of crap ..... and as far as "13" is concerned - Bill was beyond approach capable of delivering an even BETTER "13" than we have now (and that's saying something) ..... ya straight up , Bill has been a pillar of strength on this subject , while the others have not , and they should keep their "secrets" to themselves .... just the facts.
                                I'm inclined to believe you have a very good handle on what happened in terms of how Bill views things, Doc.

But one must consider that Tony may view things quite differently. Let's face it, he may feel that Bill has let him down several times. He may feel that in the seventies there were times when he carried much of the workload and yet gave away 75% of composer credits. He may feel he has done more than his share by even giving Bill writers credits on H&H. This latter approach was one which Ronnie could not believe. Ronnie and Tony wrote most of H&H, and Tony insisted upon giving Geezer and Bill 25% each, because that's the way things had always been done. Ronnie stated that he had never seen anyone think like that.

I don't think the matter is black and white. That's in part the fault of Tony, Geezer and Ozzy, who simply have not been very forthcoming about the way they truly view things. But I think that's how those guys roll. They say a little bit here or there because they get asked and asked, but they probably don't want to get into it. To assume because Bill is very eloquent in his commentary and the others more reserved, this equates to Bill's "side" being 100% correct would seem somewhat illogical.

Just MO.
                                "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
                                -WTB

Comment

Working...
                                X