No announcement yet.

Bill open for reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, why shouldn't Bill talk about it? He's obviously upset about the situation and wants to be heard, especially when people say things about him. Wouldn't you be upset if people were saying things about you in interviews that you believed to be untrue? Even if Bill can't play a tour, maybe he doesn't realize it. Put yourself in his shoes and imagine these were at one point your really good friends & business partners. I've had business go sour with friends...it's a lot more complicated than "Ozzy said this" and "Bill can't do that."

I'm not devastated that Bill didn't finish with the band and I would go and see them again with or without Bill-- also, I honestly don't care when I see a "Bill fires back" interview. Or Ozzy fires back. Or Tony fires back. Not that Ozzy and Tony are firing back... I imagine they are getting sucked into it by reporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonelyistheword View Post
      Also, why shouldn't Bill talk about it? He's obviously upset about the situation and wants to be heard, especially when people say things about him. Wouldn't you be upset if people were saying things about you in interviews that you believed to be untrue? Even if Bill can't play a tour, maybe he doesn't realize it. Put yourself in his shoes and imagine these were at one point your really good friends & business partners. I've had business go sour with friends...it's a lot more complicated than "Ozzy said this" and "Bill can't do that."
      I don't believe I said that Bill "shouldn't talk about it." Or at least I certainly never meant to say that.

But as long as you've brought up another point. Why shouldn't the other three talk about it? How would you feel if a former band member publicly stated that you provided him an "unsignable contract?" Wouldn't you be upset?

Seems like it works both ways.
      "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
      -WTB

Comment

Originally posted by hipster doofus View Post
        While I understand the debate of it all can be interesting, and often entertaining, I don't find there is much debate. I've said before, and will again. It's meaningless what Bill has said and is saying. The proof is in the pudding with his EXTREME inactivity within the music world as a whole. We've gotten one half assed release and ramblings of another in the works forever now. If your chops are up and/or you want to keep them up...PLAY! How many fuckers in this world would blow their load at the opportunity to play with the man and we've gotten a few snippets of a few songs he appeared on stage for. Nothing else. Nothing more.

Say what you will about Ozzy and his abilities, but at least the guy is up there doing it with a smile on his face. How many times can you hear Bill whine about "I could and I can!" and never actually see that he did and is doing!? Get some guys together and jam Sabbath songs in the club scene. Do a little tour. People will show up. DO IT! JUST. FUCKING. DO. IT!!!
        Exactly! Bill needs to get out there and perform again if he wants to prove he can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
          My brothers , can we get 2 more stories or has the Wishing Well run dry ? ..... Thel , Vyn , NS (where is this guy anyways) , Axeman or Axe fiend (where is this guy) , Jack the Strip! , Oh Lord Y , Roller ...... anyone's ??

But , if not ..... can someone here please start the poll (In the Ozzy Era thread) , put the 8 to 10 names in a poll (Sabman , Sweet , TYRR , thewizard , ronn , Billy , Turch , Jeff ... and if we get 2 more) .... So everyone has the ability to vote ONLY 1 time for 3 people ,,, find the 8 to 10 stories / revelations - here , in "The listen" or in the 'ten year war' thread .... and put them in the one poll thread so people can vote after they read each one (William the BLOODY - your good at making polls ,, or anyone) - also people can post why someone should vote for a particular person or a certain story - like a "survivor" jury ,,, Kool idea me thinks

The WINNER gets THE TEN YEAR WAR BOX SET!! ,, We will either mail you the prize OR (if none are left) you will order it from where ever you want - and you will recieve a check for the entire product with shipping.

Come on Sab Maniacs , let the games begin!!!!

...... or not ,,, God Bless
          Anybody ? ..... it's OK guys , love ya all ,, Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
            Reality check?

People are more willing to be empathetic when it comes to a singer not being able to belt it out like he could in his prime. There are countless examples of bands still touring where the singer isn't half what he was. Heck, even the late great Ronnie James Dio wasn't half what he was. Granted Ozzy probably ranges from about 5% to 50% but on recent tours the nights where he was at about 35% were enough where a few off nights aren't going to outweigh the overall success of a tour.

I've said it before so for many here I'll be repeating myself: Bill is the greatest rock drummer of all time. But in his later years Bill has not been a finisher. Ozzy, Tony and Geezer have finished tours, albums, radio interviews, television appearances, responsibilities left and right and left and right again. Bill, to some extent, has become a talker. As it happens he is a wonderful talker and a truly fascinating musician, but the guy has decided he is the champion of some unspoken "drummer pride" brigade counting on him to carry some flag of righteousness.

If Bill canned his "Rock 50" show and spent 1/10th the time working on his music as he does praising legions of metal bands who don't added up amount to a pimple on his ass in terms of the innovation and creativity over the past 50 years of rock music, the music world would be a far better place, IMO.

Don't misunderstand; Bill owes no one. He can kick it in Seal Beach, be seen as a living legend, appear with a two-bit garage band if he wants and release experimental music. I'll buy any music he releases. And I'll respect the hell out of the guy no matter what. But some of the stuff he says is almost borderline delusional. Ozzy may have canceled a few shows (how many ... maybe .00000001% of his thousands of concert appearances?) but he doesn't drop out of tours. He doesn't talk about doing it, he fucking does it. This is the aspect the other three have that Hipster Doofus referenced above. These guys are pretty much all action and little talk. Bill -- and again I'm not saying it isn't his right -- has become mostly talk and little action.
            Amen! Very interesting thread here IMHO, and I am learning a lot from you guys. I love Bill too, and Accountable Beasts is for me actually maybe the best, or at least the most interesting and fascinating, album of any band or artist during the last 15 Years (or even 20?) or so. A 100% times better than 13 (which was not a bad album, but...). Bill is obviously a great composer - WHEN he finally really does it and records an album. But there are several good reasons for anybody planning to work on anything important with him to have 'plan B' or a backup - because he may simply step out at any point, as he has done several times, or he may physically/bodily have problems to do his job. Again, lots of good points made in this thread.

Comment

there's an interview where Iommi says "and Bill had to leave the tour... AGAIN!" I think it's the BA tour where the interview was taken. His history speaks for itself... he was great on the 2005 Reunion Tour I'll say that, compare those shows to the last tour the drumming is so much better, more fluid. But if I were the other 3 I'd have a backup on hand too... it's only fair to the fans... or would have been.
              "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
              R. Blackmore

Comment

Bill could’ve and would’ve done the album and tour.

@ Sabbabbath I like accountable beasts a lot, I think it’s Bill’s best work to date, I have all his albums except Straws, it’s not better than 13.
                Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 11-04-2017, 11:57 AM.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                  there's an interview where Iommi says "and Bill had to leave the tour... AGAIN!" I think it's the BA tour where the interview was taken. His history speaks for itself...
                  Bill was never even part of the BA tour, as he'd already fallen off the waterwagon again. Just saying...
                  But yeah, he's been inconsistent, even when just stepping in for short periods in the late 80's/early 90's. Even at the Reunion shows he was about to pull out, and had to be pursuaded by Sharon, no less (think it's Gary Sharpe-Young who wrote about it)
                  So i can understand Sabbath/Tony being aprehencive, wanting a back-up, but i also understand how that would hurt Bill's feelings, and i have no doubt that he would (initially) be physically able to do it (noone could've known about the surgeries at that time yet). The psychological side of things, though...

@ Sabbabbath: Love to see some love for the highly underrated and misunderstood AC. It contains all the creativity 13 lacks (though that's still a great album too).
                  95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                  Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Wish Bill all the best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9JMGuM9BBg

Comment

Originally posted by Lillith13 View Post
                      Enjoyed this interview with Bill the greatest drummer ever, who will turn 70 in two days.

Was this you doing the interview Lillith?
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Yes that's my interview! Thanks for listening.

I honestly wish Sabbath would comeback,but I know at this point that's impossible.

I'll try to catch Ozzy on his final solo tours though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lillith13 View Post
                          Yes that's my interview! Thanks for listening.

I honestly wish Sabbath would comeback,but I know at this point that's impossible.

I'll try to catch Ozzy on his final solo tours though.
                          Thank you Lilith13, I enjoyed listening to it.

Comment

Working...
                          X