'Lost' Isle of Wight gig..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
    ........ WOW! Thanks for sharing guitarman. It must have been incredible seeing Black Sabbath on their first tour! Exactly a month later, I was born!
    Exactly 7 days later I was born!

Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    If the date of the show was supposed to be August 1, 1970, it doesn't appear in the tour dates section; an unconfirmed NYC show is listed for that date.

Ted
    Thanks Ted, the op never came back, maybe he got tired of waiting for Joe to confirm the gig, he has all the proof with the poster and all, just surprised Joe never came back to confirm or unconfirmed the gig.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

All that he did know was that after his success at the club with Black Widow, heŽd booked Black Sabbath for a gig at the Music Box and was getting a great advance reaction from the fans. And that was that. Wilf (Pine) insists that "for whatever reason, I still had no intention of getting involved in any shape or form with Black Sabbath. But all this changed after their performance at the Music Box."

John Pearson, One Of The Family, p. 143

https://books.google.es/books?id=PRSjjtxjGIAC&pg=PA148&lpg=PA148&dq=essex+ music+group+sabbath&source=bl&ots=CC5J0AuFJd&sig=A CfU3U1J8pO_6vIhBuTg65zS8Wk7fP2Sbg&hl=es&sa=X&ved=2 ahUKEwjrxJPIkcrnAhVQ1xoKHaXqAmAQ6AEwCXoECAcQAQ#v=o nepage&q&f=false

Comment

have you seen his new video yet ? I saw it once but can't find it, can anyone give a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Bokor View Post
          All that he did know was that after his success at the club with Black Widow, heŽd booked Black Sabbath for a gig at the Music Box and was getting a great advance reaction from the fans. And that was that. Wilf (Pine) insists that "for whatever reason, I still had no intention of getting involved in any shape or form with Black Sabbath. But all this changed after their performance at the Music Box."

John Pearson, One Of The Family, p. 143
          Is there a lot of Sabbath content in that book?

Comment

Working...
          X