Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Planet Caravan, Any live recordings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planet Caravan, Any live recordings?

I think I need some help on this concept. I have an idea to compile live recordings of the songs from the Paranoid album onto CD-R, and thus create a Paranoid Live album. Here's the hitch in the works, to my knowledge Planet Caravan has not been performed live. There are no official live albums containing the song. Does anyone here know if that song was ever performed in concert?

I do have a plan B for this idea. It's to end the CD with the quad to stereo version from the Paranoid Super Deluxe Box Set. The other seven songs from the album are easily found on the live albums. Making things more complete Rat Salad just turned up on The End. So now it's to decide which versions to use. It's down to what version sounds good next to another, in the knowledge that the song order will be shuffled around a bit. Anyone have any input on what versions from what live album to use?

I don't want to seek out bootlegs, I'm not into them. Bootlegs are good for the sake of curiosity or amusement and not much else after that.

Live At Last/Past Lives and Reunion would be natural places to start, then... Why not just put some resonance and crowd noise on Planet Caravan..?
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

"Planet Caravan" was played live only in 1999 reunion soundcheck, but not in the setlist concert. Check this:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i34MMq3yIgA

Comment

I haven't heard that before. So they would use it for a sound check, but not in the actual set list.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackguard View Post
          I haven't heard that before. So they would use it for a sound check, but not in the actual set list.
          Yeah, as a pretty fanatic collector of unofficial live recordings I can confirm that they never played PC live AFAIK (except in the soundcheck mentioned above - Geelerm, thanks for reminding us of that one). Same goes for "Solitude", for example.
          Last edited by Sabbabbath; 11-22-2017, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geelerm View Post
            "Planet Caravan" was played live only in 1999 reunion soundcheck, but not in the setlist concert. Check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i34MMq3yIgA
            I never knew that existed. Thank you for sharing!!
            www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

I played through all of the live recordings of the songs from Paranoid. The final CD-R came from the Reunion and The End albums. They had the best sound quality and strongest performances. The track order of my CD turn out to be:

War Pigs
              Fairies Wear Boots
              Electric Funeral
              Hand Of Doom
              Rat Salad/Drum Solo
              Iron Man
              Paranoid
              Planet Caravan (Quad to Stereo Mix)

I know it's kind of like an eight track tape ordering of the songs, but they play well configured from the live albums like this. I edited the in between song banter to remove introductions of songs not found on Paranoid. And it passed a few days of being played in the car, so I would call it a successful experiment. In the end my twisted humor came out and I titled the CD-R "Paranoid Mostly Live".
              Last edited by Blackguard; 11-24-2017, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Splice a lil of that classic albums clip of tony playing pc along with that rehersal n id be more fitting of an outro for your live collection.

Comment

One of my favorites and I always thought it would be quite a highlight if ever played Live !
                  I got to ask Geezer about it on 'The End' tour , he said that they did actually try it out but it never sounded right ,so obviously it never made the tour set.

Comment

Working...
                  X