1976 Unreleased Pro-Footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1976 Unreleased Pro-Footage

This is an old subject, but it is worth asking once again. Longtime fans and collectors always look forward to some of the professionally filmed shows in the 70s NOT released until now (yes, they exist, I know some of them).
    Why does sabbath camp ignore this demand?
    For example, "Reeling in The Years" has in its database an excellent pro-footage from Technical Ecstasy Tour (1976-11-09).
    Will we ever see it? I've been waiting 30 years for this.

I can only guess, but I think part of the issue at play is that Sabbath have considered themselves a current band capable of competing in the current music market.

I get the feeling they think that releasing old, archival material is for bands who are not able to be relevant NOW.

Again, this is just a guess.

Maybe now that "The End" has occurred, we'll begin to see the vaults open up, but it will still be a while. These guys have current product recorded THIS year out THIS week!
    "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
    -WTB

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
      I can only guess, but I think part of the issue at play is that Sabbath have considered themselves a current band capable of competing in the current music market.

I get the feeling they think that releasing old, archival material is for bands who are not able to be relevant NOW.

Again, this is just a guess.

Maybe now that "The End" has occurred, we'll begin to see the vaults open up, but it will still be a while. These guys have current product recorded THIS year out THIS week!
      Sounds very plausible to me! We should not forget though that Sabbath released two live CDs from 1970 only last year - Montreux and Brussels, both as part of the Paranoid Super Deluxe Box. Maybe there is a chance that they will go on releasing old live material - BUT probable not too soon, since, as you rightly point out, they have released current live recordings only this week.

Comment

i bet that pro footage it mentions is ,it's alright & rock n roll doctor vid's ???

Comment

Originally posted by mikesline View Post
          i bet that pro footage it mentions is ,it's alright & rock n roll doctor vid's ???
          No. Its a full concert professionally filmed at Capital Centre Landover, Dec 09 1976.

Comment

Originally posted by Geelerm View Post
            This is an old subject, but it is worth asking once again. Longtime fans and collectors always look forward to some of the professionally filmed shows in the 70s NOT released until now (yes, they exist, I know some of them). Why does sabbath camp ignore this demand? For example, "Reeling in The Years" has in its database an excellent pro-footage from Technical Ecstasy Tour (1976-11-09). Will we ever see it? I've been waiting 30 years for this.
            Dear lord I would love to
            See this!!

Not proshot but when the New York footage of Ozzy with Randy Rhoads came up a few years back for the 30th anniversary the guy who owned and sold The Osbournes the video also had a sabbath never say die tour show that he recorded. 3MM show same as the Randy. I'd love to see that also.
            www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

This is an old subject, but it is worth asking once again. Longtime fans and collectors always look forward to some of the professionally filmed shows in the 70s NOT released until now (yes, they exist, I know some of them).
              Why does sabbath camp ignore this demand?
              For example, "Reeling in The Years" has in its database an excellent pro-footage from Technical Ecstasy Tour (1976-11-09).
              Will we ever see it? I've been waiting 30 years for this.
              This has been a topic of conversation before...the most likely reason for not releasing this stuff is rights issues...plus with 99.9% possibility the band has absolutely zero knowlage that it even exists.

Unless the record company sees some money making opportunity in finding some old stuff and purchasing the rights to them AND remastering them for a release they will never see the light of day.

We were extremely lucky to get the Live At Hammersmith as a rhino handmade special back in 2007. That was a real deep vault release...

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                This has been a topic of conversation before...the most likely reason for not releasing this stuff is rights issues...plus with 99.9% possibility the band has absolutely zero knowlage that it even exists.

Unless the record company sees some money making opportunity in finding some old stuff and purchasing the rights to them AND remastering them for a release they will never see the light of day.

We were extremely lucky to get the Live At Hammersmith as a rhino handmade special back in 2007. That was a real deep vault release...
                Exactly. I think you summed it up well.
                Anyway, it's a pity. There are dozens of less relevant bands from 70s with hundreds of more hours of old footage available than Sabbath, even unofficially. And Sabbath was magical and unbeatable in the 70's, it's unfortunate that they always re-use the same and the same and the same well known footage ("paris 70", "hammersmith 78", "don krishners 75" or "cal jam 74", etc.)

Meanwhile, we continue to rely on inhospitable "bootleggers and collectors circles" to gain access to the old footages of the best band the planet has ever known. Itīs a pity.

Comment

Meanwhile, we continue to rely on inhospitable "bootleggers and collectors circles" to gain access to the old footages of the best band the planet has ever known. Itīs a pity.
                  Amen brother!!!!!
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

At least the footage we have is really good but i do agree, more would be nice.

Comment

No. Its a full concert professionally filmed at Capital Centre Landover, Dec 09 1976.
                      fuck really ,danm bastards better cut loose or it's "fake news" to me haha

i see it now
                      http://reelinintheyears.com/database-search/

It says 11-9-76 that's selland arena ,fresno,ca which i never seen any pro-concerts shot there by any band,but that would be sweet if true !!!
                      you know i had conversation with geezer's roadie -les martin he told me they filmed whole show at hammersmith odeon'77 and during soundcheck they did -its alright -rock n roll doctor promos (that are on compilation release) possibly that ????
                      Last edited by mikesline; 11-25-2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

It says 11-9-76 that's selland arena ,fresno,ca which i never seen any pro-concerts shot there by any band,but that would be sweet if true !!!
                        Because its wrong month in RTY database. The real date is 12-9-76 (capitol centre). A trusted person involved told me.

you know i had conversation with geezer's roadie -les martin he told me they filmed whole show at hammersmith odeon'77 and during soundcheck they did -its alright -rock n roll doctor promos (that are on compilation release) possibly that ????
                        Not that. Its another, believe me! I know the infos about pro shot info at hammersmith 77 (1977-03-14 & 15 to be more correct).
                        12-9-76 is another pro shot.

Comment

anything would be sweet to see !!!,that was first time i seen sabbath on teac tour in long beach arena,always remember the devil's face at top scared the shit out of my sister and she waited in car for us -it was different in those days with devil thing was attached to sabbath ,there were no other bands out there ,like now a days .

Comment

WE HAVE A CLIP!!!

Honestly this is fucking amazing, we need the entire thing out NOW!!!

Comment

Woohoo! This is a nice present!! Cheers!!!
                              Last edited by Axe fiend; 12-31-2017, 07:34 AM.
                              We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X