Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

1976 Unreleased Pro-Footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff popeybonaparte, thank you!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by popeyebonaparte View Post
      we have a clip!!!

honestly this is fucking amazing, we need the entire thing out now!!!
      now we´re talking!

God bless

Comment

This is without a doubt the best footage of Sabbath I've ever seen. They're at their undisputed peak, Ozzy's singing is amazing, they're all fucking amazing! We've got to have this entire show out!!!

Comment

They're at their undisputed peak...
          Okay, let's try not too get too excited here...Tony may have been at his undisputed peak when it comes to his involvement in making albums, but Sabbath at the time of the California Jam about 2 and a half years earlier was at much more of a peak then, and wouldn't start to peak again until after the Heaven and Hell album was released (although it can be said they almost peaked again with the Sabotage album release and tour).

Ted

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
            Okay, let's try not too get too excited here...Tony may have been at his undisputed peak when it comes to his involvement in making albums, but Sabbath at the time of the California Jam about 2 and a half years earlier was at much more of a peak then, and wouldn't start to peak again until after the Heaven and Hell album was released (although it can be said they almost peaked again with the Sabotage album release and tour).

Ted
            Hi Ted, hope you're well

I'll say Sabbath peaked up until Ozzy left and then again with the Heaven and Hell release up to Mob Rules and then again with Born Again, that's my opinion, maybe not a popular opinion, but that's my opinion.

I love and will take any new footage of Sabbath available.
            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

WE HAVE A CLIP!!! YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtMqeG-RbOs Honestly this is fucking amazing, we need the entire thing out NOW!!!
              Oh my my!!!! Excellent find. Clearly this footage is for sale. I can't believe the Osbournes haven't already purchased it. Much like everything they purchased last year that was about to go to auction.

Does anyone know the setlist that night?
              www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                Oh my my!!!! Excellent find. Clearly this footage is for sale. I can't believe the Osbournes haven't already purchased it. Much like everything they purchased last year that was about to go to auction.

Does anyone know the setlist that night?
                Here is the setlist for the next night at Niagara Falls.

Symptom of the Universe
                Snowblind
                All Moving Parts (Stand Still)
                War Pigs
                Gypsy
                Black Sabbath
                Megalomania
                Dirty Women
                Guitar Solo
                Rock 'N' Roll Doctor
                Drum Solo
                Electric Funeral
                Iron Man
                Children of the Grave
                Paranoid
                Last edited by Drago; 12-31-2017, 10:26 AM.
                Religion won't save me
                The damage is done
                The future has ended
                Before it's begun
                - Damaged Soul - Black Sabbath

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
                  Here is the setlist for the next night at Niagara Falls. Symptom of the Universe Snowblind All Moving Parts (Stand Still) War Pigs Gypsy Black Sabbath Megalomania Dirty Women Guitar Solo Rock 'N' Roll Doctor Drum Solo Electric Funeral Iron Man Children of the Grave Paranoid
                  The website has the set list. It's the same as Drago listed above with the exception of Megalomania.

80 min 14 sec run time.
                  www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Same folks have this show also. That is probably why it's fallen off YouTube.

https://youtu.be/jbxgVvxU5fo
                    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

A very cool find indeed!

Very amateurish stuff though...poor filming and it's like Tony and Geezer don't even have heads and there seem to be a lot of instances where the focus is off...so IF this was intented to be released by someone at the time I am fairly certain those are the reasons why it never was.

But this was shot with several cameras though so it doesn't really look like it would have been for just some live footage for a video or a tv insert or tv show clip...

Very interesting all in all. Sound is quite good actually and from what I can see it does seem to fit the video so it's not taken from another source...

Oh man would I love to see the whole footage!

Comment

WE HAVE A CLIP!!!
                        Thanks for posting, great footage.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                          A very cool find indeed! Very amateurish stuff though...poor filming and it's like Tony and Geezer don't even have heads and there seem to be a lot of instances where the focus is off...so IF this was intented to be released by someone at the time I am fairly certain those are the reasons why it never was. But this was shot with several cameras though so it doesn't really look like it would have been for just some live footage for a video or a tv insert or tv show clip... Very interesting all in all. Sound is quite good actually and from what I can see it does seem to fit the video so it's not taken from another source... Oh man would I love to see the whole footage!
                          Like you, I'm astonished by the sound quality!
                          www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                            A very cool find indeed!

Very amateurish stuff though...poor filming and it's like Tony and Geezer don't even have heads and there seem to be a lot of instances where the focus is off...so IF this was intented to be released by someone at the time I am fairly certain those are the reasons why it never was.

But this was shot with several cameras though so it doesn't really look like it would have been for just some live footage for a video or a tv insert or tv show clip...

Very interesting all in all. Sound is quite good actually and from what I can see it does seem to fit the video so it's not taken from another source...

Oh man would I love to see the whole footage!
                            This was just shot for in house screens at the venue. A lot of sports arenas did this in the mid to late 70s in the US which is the only reason a lot of footage exists.

Comment

This was just shot for in house screens at the venue. A lot of sports arenas did this in the mid to late 70s in the US which is the only reason a lot of footage exists.
                              That might make sense but wouldn't it be without sound then? Also I didn't see any screens on stage...Ofcourse it is possible that the screens were on the sides of the arena and thus not visible here. But still the sound is in question...

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                                Hi Ted, hope you're well

I'll say Sabbath peaked up until Ozzy left and then again with the Heaven and Hell release up to Mob Rules and then again with Born Again, that's my opinion, maybe not a popular opinion, but that's my opinion.

I love and will take any new footage of Sabbath available.
                                Hello OID; yes I'm well thanks and hope you are too. Fair enough re. your reply/comment above.

One point I'd like to clarify, though. You say that Sabbath peaked up until Ozzy left; as the Never Say Die album wasn't recorded until after Oz left and returned, do you or do you not consider that album/time period to be part of the band's peak? Just curious.

Ted

Comment

Working...
                                X