1976 Unreleased Pro-Footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Okay, let's try not too get too excited here...Tony may have been at his undisputed peak when it comes to his involvement in making albums, but Sabbath at the time of the California Jam about 2 and a half years earlier was at much more of a peak then, and wouldn't start to peak again until after the Heaven and Hell album was released (although it can be said they almost peaked again with the Sabotage album release and tour).

Ted
    Great clip, it's always nice to see rare, or unreleased footage of the band. They sound, and look good, but I do agree with you. They were on another level 74-75, early 76. I've got bootlegs from the TE tour, and they are great. Not a patch on the sabotage your though.

Comment

Originally posted by mikesline View Post
      Hello wanted to post this here it is from (reelin -owner DAVID PECK) he posted this on my Video i created for fresno show
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcnJGyeqifU
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]721[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]722[/ATTACH]

He Mentions Contact him if you like -be my guest:mike
      Great work, Mike. Thank you very much for letting us know. I think this means that we will never get to see the whole show, because they would indeed need the permission of the band, and based on our experiences, I don't think Tony Iommi would ever agree with this. That's really bad news, but again I am really happy you clarified it, so we will not waste our time and hope for something that just won't happen.

Thanks and best,
      Linda

Comment

Here's what a friend who formerly worked at Warner Bros just told me: In order to have this video released, one would first need to find an agreement with Reelin' In The Years, Warner Bros, and the managements of all 4 original band members. Only with the permission of ALL of these entities, a release would be possible. And all of them would want to have a significant amount or share of money for it, of course. Thus, a release would require a big player like a big-league DVD company who has the necessary money and skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabbabbath View Post
          Here's what a friend who formerly worked at Warner Bros just told me: In order to have this video released, one would first need to find an agreement with Reelin' In The Years, Warner Bros, and the managements of all 4 original band members. Only with the permission of ALL of these entities, a release would be possible. And all of them would want to have a significant amount or share of money for it, of course. Thus, a release would require a big player like a big-league DVD company who has the necessary money and skills.
          That's it? LET'S DO THIS, PEOPLE!

I'll do the phone calls to the band members as soon as someone sends me their phone numbers. Thanks in advance for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by zzzptm View Post

I'll do the phone calls to the band members as soon as someone sends me their phone numbers. Thanks in advance for the info.
            I think Iommis number is 666 666 666. Atleast that's how i got in touch with him the last time...
            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
            Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Originally posted by zzzptm View Post

Seriously, maybe IRON-MaN has Gloaria's and Geezer's number?

Comment

We need classic footage like this, just like Cal Jam and Asbury Park, if it was ever filmed, and others, man it would be nice to get to see these.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Asbury park, and the providence shows, mid 70s, are among my favourite live recordings. Ozzy is beyond brilliant, and the band are just in another level.

Comment

What happened to Bills hair?!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabhuman1978 View Post
                      Tony said in his book that as a prank they wrapped Bill in tape. After having such a hard time removing it they eventually had to cut it out. He said Bill didn't even give a shit.
                      www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                        Tony said in his book that as a prank they wrapped Bill in tape. After having such a hard time removing it they eventually had to cut it out. He said Bill didn't even give a shit.
                        Those guys had a pretty violent conception of humour when they were younger. No big surprise though, given how they grew up. Pretty hostile and violent environment, at least for Tony, as described in his book.

Comment

Like the time Bill was passed out and they spray painted his entire body. He almost died.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabhuman1978 View Post
                            Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                            Originally posted by turch118 View Post
                            Like the time Bill was passed out and they spray painted his entire body. He almost died.
                            I just started a new thread called "Stupid accidents in Black Sabbath" to collect this kind of stuff and other stupid accidents;
                            https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/sho...-Black-Sabbath

Comment

Working...
                            X