X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drago
    replied
    Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    I completely disagree. Psycho Man has some of the meanest riffs in it. Completely brutal. And Selling my Soul is so simple but beautiful. Again another mean riff. And the solo reminds me of Snowblind.

Honestly i think a lot of folks shit on these songs simply because Geezer was not a part of writing them and Ozzy did the lyrics.
    Perfectly said Axeman!!! I couldn't agree more. The songs are credited to just Tony and Ozzy and no one gave them a fair chance.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    I got to see the original Sabs.

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    I completely disagree. Psycho Man has some of the meanest riffs in it. Completely brutal. And Selling my Soul is so simple but beautiful. Again another mean riff. And the solo reminds me of Snowblind.

Honestly i think a lot of folks shit on these songs simply because Geezer was not a part of writing them and Ozzy did the lyrics.
    2 absolutely fantastic tracks ......

Leave a comment:

• axeman_12656
    replied
    Originally posted by Phil View Post
    However I think the two studio tracks were totally useless.

Last edited by axeman_12656; 12-07-2017, 06:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff
    replied
    I thought "Psycho Man" was musically really good.

Lyrically it was another matter. I assume Ozzy penned those lyrics. Anybody know for sure?

"Selling My Soul" was decent, but if Bill couldn't do what they wanted they should have dropped it. Sabbath albums shouldn't have drum machine; period.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    I love those studio tracks, especially Selling My Soul.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Sallis
    replied
    Originally posted by Rollerjoint View Post
    On December 5, 1977 Ozzy wasn't actually in Sabbath anymore, they had replaced him with Dave Walker!
    I was going to mention that myself. I've never seen the original Sabbath lineup live, only Ozzy solo (3 times) and BS twice in the 80's (with Ian Gillan and Ray Gillen). I do have the Reunion album though.

Ted

Leave a comment:

• Phil
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Deuce Frehley
    replied
    I love that album and I kick myself in the ass for not going to see the reunion live. Why not? Because they were playing huge outdoor festivals and I didn't want to deal with that. So to this day, I never saw the original four together. I did go to the 13 tour though.

Leave a comment:

• Rollerjoint
    replied
    Originally posted by TJSwoboda View Post
    The Reunion live album was recorded at the Birmingham NEC. Twenty years before that, Ozzy and Bill were still in Sabbath the first time around.
    On December 5, 1977 Ozzy wasn't actually in Sabbath anymore, they had replaced him with Dave Walker! It was only later that he asked to come back and they accepted. But I understand your point, I just thought it was funny that Ozzy wasn't in the group 20 years earlier on that date.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Time flies, I attended the 97 reunion show in Jersey, I think I still have the shirts.

Leave a comment:

• zzzptm
    replied
    Wow, 20 years since...

Wow...

Leave a comment:

• mikesline
    replied
    Tony Iommi told me about the up coming shows in birmingham that they were planning on recording and make an album of it ,he told me this about two weeks before the shows backstage after the devore,cal -blockbuster pavilion gig,then he walked away holding his guitar in the dark,dusty parking lot to his car -all by himself.

Leave a comment:

• TJSwoboda
    started a topic Twenty years ago (Dec 5, 1997)

Twenty years ago (Dec 5, 1997)

The Reunion live album was recorded at the Birmingham NEC. Twenty years before that, Ozzy and Bill were still in Sabbath the first time around. Is this a great coma we're in, or what?! I wrote this on Facebook during my lunch earlier:

Tonight (maybe less than an hour, GMT) marks the 20th anniversary of the second of two reunion shows by Black Sabbath's original lineup in Birmingham, England. I remember reading reviews posted to Joe's mailing list the first night, 12-4, and they were all positive. The same people then went to the second show, and exploded with "HOLY CRAP THAT WAS AWESOME!!"

Both nights were taped, but the show that started twenty years ago, right around this time, was so good that it was used exclusively (AFAIK) for a live album. I had a bootleg of the show, and when the official release came out I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was basically an official bootleg; I could detect almost nothing in the way of studio cheating. The only change I could hear, in fact, was taking out Ozzy's vocal track when he talked over Tony Iommi's "Orchid" instrumental. Definitely a good change to make.
Working...
X