Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Tony Clufetos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Clufetos?

Got "The End" Blu-ray for Christmas and just put it on. Not 30 seconds in and there's a shameful mistake. Who the f*ck is Tony Clufetos? Tommy must be devastated.
    Last edited by Baconbutty; 01-16-2018, 02:34 PM.
    High Tide Holiday Cottage - http://www.hightide-filey.co.uk

Originally posted by Baconbutty View Post
    Got "The End" Blu-ray for Christmas and just put it on. Not 30 seconds in and there's a shameful mistake. Who the f*ck is Tony Clufetos? Tommy must be devastated.

maybe Tommy is on the skids with Sharon-- refer to the booklet for THE OZMAN COMETH haha

Comment

Never noticed that. Pretty shameful.

Comment

Quite lame to be honest , his name is correct though on the ending credits and inner booklet.

Comment

I think how it happens these days is automated digital editing/correction and then somebody misses it on double-check. So when you have a Tony in the band, somewhere it got corrected ...

This is just a guess.

On a related note, I can still remember going to buy The Last Supper on DVD the day it was released, and the first edition said Toni Iommi. I shit you not, this was on the rear cover. It was corrected quickly as I never saw it again.

And still on a related note; it never ceases to amaze me how often Tony is called "Tommy" out there. Not that it happens a lot, but that it happens at all is kind of mind boggling given his status. I've suspected for a while that in the 70s when he was at record company parties and what not that because of his heavy accent, maybe people thought he said Tommy Iommi and it just sort of spread, but for crying out loud who by now would know ANYTHING about rock 'n' roll history and think it's Tommy Iommi?

And this also adds to the issue with Tommy Clufetos in the band. I saw a couple of news reviews on the last tour where Tommy Iommi was used, and I suspect that goes back to my very first point. It's probably these auto-correct programs that can't conceive of a Tony AND Tommy in the same band, and no human being catches it before it's published.
          Last edited by Jeff; 01-08-2018, 07:54 PM.
          "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
          -WTB

Comment

^^^ I've even seen Tommy Lommi in an article once...
            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
            Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

"Mr Grover 'n' Mr Gillian
              You musta made a million
              The night that Frank Zappa caught on fire."

- Deep Purple, "MTV"

Comment

Ridiculous. When you think of how many times this would (should??) have been checked before it was released it's difficult to imagine how this could happen. Didn't Sharon and Ozzy sit down and watch it at some point to give it the green light? Ok, maybe not Ozzy, but you would think that someone from management would see the final edit before they sent it off to the pressing plant.

Unless, as someone mischievously suggested, it could be a deliberate error such as the Bob Daisy and Phil Susan attacks of the past. Maybe Bill snuck into the editing room late one night and tapped in "Tony"....

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                  Ridiculous. When you think of how many times this would (should??) have been checked before it was released it's difficult to imagine how this could happen. Didn't Sharon and Ozzy sit down and watch it at some point to give it the green light? Ok, maybe not Ozzy, but you would think that someone from management would see the final edit before they sent it off to the pressing plant.

Unless, as someone mischievously suggested, it could be a deliberate error such as the Bob Daisy and Phil Susan attacks of the past. Maybe Bill snuck into the editing room late one night and tapped in "Tony"....
                  I think it was intentionally done as a snub to Tommy, that is my thought on it.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                    I think it was intentionally done as a snub to Tommy, that is my thought on it.
                    Why would they snub the guy when he's put years of service into both Sabbath and Ozzy's solo band? When he's apparently caused neither complaint nor conflict within the ranks of either group?
                    He's been announced as being part of the lineup for Ozzy's farewell tour. Surely if they intended to 'snub' the guy, he wouldn't remain as part of Ozzy's solo band?

The far more likely explanation is that was an error relating to autocorrect, as stated above.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                      Why would they snub the guy when he's put years of service into both Sabbath and Ozzy's solo band? When he's apparently caused neither complaint nor conflict within the ranks of either group?
                      He's been announced as being part of the lineup for Ozzy's farewell tour. Surely if they intended to 'snub' the guy, he wouldn't remain as part of Ozzy's solo band?

The far more likely explanation is that was an error relating to autocorrect, as stated above.
                      Not anyone in the band Sweet, someone involved in the project, who is a diehard original fan, a Bill devotee, just my thought.
                      Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 02-09-2018, 08:12 AM.
                      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Not anyone in the band Sweet, someone involved in the project, who is a diehard original fan, a Bill devotee, just my thought.
                        People paid to produce a product are just that. If they let their fandom get in the way, it'll likely be noticed and corrected before Sabbath sign off on it.

I think that's a bit of a stretch to be honest, it's just most likely an honest mistake or computerised error. I can see why you'd think that, though. Fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                          People paid to produce a product are just that. If they let their fandom get in the way, it'll likely be noticed and corrected before Sabbath sign off on it.

I think that's a bit of a stretch to be honest, it's just most likely an honest mistake or computerised error. I can see why you'd think that, though. Fair enough.
                          It probably is a bit of stretch, and most likely a mistake, a self correct error.

Comment

It probably is a bit of stretch, and most likely a mistake, a self correct error.
                            Followed by an "OH NOES THAT GOT OUT???" from concerned parties.

A snub is a smaller font, several lines under the names of the other band members, like how Vinny Appice was credited on Live Evil.

Comment

Originally posted by zzzptm View Post
                              Followed by an "OH NOES THAT GOT OUT???" from concerned parties.

A snub is a smaller font, several lines under the names of the other band members, like how Vinny Appice was credited on Live Evil.
                              Yes and also Ronnie, who they left out James, if I'm correct and he was upset about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X