Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

New!!! Black Sabbath Supersonic Years Boxset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Jeff, hope you’ve been well, it’s really good to see you back!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      Thank you Jeff, hope you’ve been well, it’s really good to see you back!
      Thank you, OID.

Hasn't been much news lately so I have not been here for a visit. Hope I am not being a "Debbie Downer" about this set, but I missed this thread somehow and spoke my opinion in a new thread so my opinion was out there already now.

Since I was the lucky winner of The Ten Year War (thanks again Doc!) I guess I was judging by that standard. Upon receiving this set yesterday, I was just surprised at the lack of reproduction quality. I think this set could have been far better. Castle did a similar release years ago and my memory is that it was superior. And it also came with a poster showing the different worldwide single releases so you could see all the different covers. It was much better than this set, and I think the price was similar or even less.
      "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
      -WTB

Comment

You’re not being a Debbie Downer Jeff, you’re just expressing your opinion and how you feel.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
          Thank you, OID.

Hasn't been much news lately so I have not been here for a visit. Hope I am not being a "Debbie Downer" about this set, but I missed this thread somehow and spoke my opinion in a new thread so my opinion was out there already now.

Since I was the lucky winner of The Ten Year War (thanks again Doc!) I guess I was judging by that standard. Upon receiving this set yesterday, I was just surprised at the lack of reproduction quality. I think this set could have been far better. Castle did a similar release years ago and my memory is that it was superior. And it also came with a poster showing the different worldwide single releases so you could see all the different covers. It was much better than this set, and I think the price was similar or even less.
          Your far from a "DD" , your a loyal member of BSO , and I have mad respect for that!! ,,,,, You were the deserving! Winner! of "The Ten Year War"!! .... and its just good to see you HERE buddy ....... God Bless

ps , I'm a big fan of the singles set (proper track listing) (and simple art presentation from each country) both new and Castle - yes Castle was less expensive.

Comment

I like the new set also \m/
            When was the castle set released?

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
              Your far from a "DD" , your a loyal member of BSO , and I have mad respect for that!! ,,,,, You were the deserving! Winner! of "The Ten Year War"!! .... and its just good to see you HERE buddy ....... God Bless

ps , I'm a big fan of the singles set (proper track listing) (and simple art presentation from each country) both new and Castle - yes Castle was less expensive.
              Doc, you don't feel this new singles set is a little "thin" on quality?

I would rather it have been $99.99 and been bursting with proper reproduction. To me, the whole point of a set like this is to get Mint versions of singles that are often rare and expensive. It's for the covers. By throwing mostly two front covers on each side and using what feels like fairly cheap paper stock, I think this comes off as a real "cash grab" when it didn't need to be.

Obviously, I'm a diehard collector and I know that's who this set it aimed at, but I think The Ten Year War set a pretty high bar in terms of packaging. Since this should have been sort of a "companion" set to that, I think they dropped the ball.

This set was far better, IMO. Mind you I speak ONLY of packaging. If I want to hear Sabbath singles I put on analogue vinyl not some digital reissue, so both sets are about packaging and presentation to me ...

https://www.discogs.com/Black-Sabbat...elease/3147820
              "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
              -WTB

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                Doc, you don't feel this new singles set is a little "thin" on quality?

I would rather it have been $99.99 and been bursting with proper reproduction. To me, the whole point of a set like this is to get Mint versions of singles that are often rare and expensive. It's for the covers. By throwing mostly two front covers on each side and using what feels like fairly cheap paper stock, I think this comes off as a real "cash grab" when it didn't need to be.

Obviously, I'm a diehard collector and I know that's who this set it aimed at, but I think The Ten Year War set a pretty high bar in terms of packaging. Since this should have been sort of a "companion" set to that, I think they dropped the ball.

This set was far better, IMO. Mind you I speak ONLY of packaging. If I want to hear Sabbath singles I put on analogue vinyl not some digital reissue, so both sets are about packaging and presentation to me ...

https://www.discogs.com/Black-Sabbat...elease/3147820
                Is this the limited Leather bound edition^^^^?

Comment

How cool is that set!

Comment

No. This one is. https://www.discogs.com/Black-Sabbat...elease/1203573

Comment

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                      How cool is that set!
                      The leather bound edition I have Ronn is beautiful.

Comment

I was just curious how different the single edits are. Early fades or those sometimes sloppy chop jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by BloodyWarPig View Post
                          I was just curious how different the single edits are. Early fades or those sometimes sloppy chop jobs?
                          I wouldn't be able to tell you, I kept mine sealed.

Comment

Working...
                          X