Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

New!!! Black Sabbath Supersonic Years Boxset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New!!! Black Sabbath Supersonic Years Boxset

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects...oject_launched

"Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

I notice the singles from Master Of Reality are missing , why wouldn’t they include that?
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Yes. The edit of Children Of The Grave is another rarity worth having.

Comment

Great set!! .... it's all correct OID .... Here is a list of everything in it - https://www.loudersound.com/news/bla...ingles-box-set

Sabbath were against putting out singles , after the first 2 albums they kind of boycotted the 7 inch and singles all together .... so "MOR" , tho singles do exist - they actually don't - Sabbath banned the singles format , in their own country at least , "MOR" never got the proper release .... hope that helps.

The box set features the following singles:

Disc 1: Evil Woman (Don't Play Your Games With Me) / Wicked World - 1970

Disc 2: Paranoid / The Wizard - 1970

Disc 3: Iron Man (Single Edit) / Electric Funeral - 1970

Disc 4: Tomorrow's Dream / Laguna Sunrise - 1972

Disc 5: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Edited Version) / Changes - 1973

Disc 6: Am I Going Insane (Radio) (Single Edit) / Hole In The Sky - 1975

Disc 7: Gypsy / She's Gone - 1976

Disc 8: It's Alright / Rock 'N' Roll Doctor - 1976

Disc 9: Never Say Die / She's Gone - 1978

Disc 10: Hard Road (Single Edit) / Symptom Of The Universe (German Single Edit) - 1978

EDIT - Found this article on the "MOR" ban , hope this helps ... http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bla...ngles-box-set/

BLACK SABBATH's 'ban' on singles in their own country lasted for more than two years, and good to their word, no singles were issued from 1971's "Master Of Reality", but in 1972, as a harbinger from fourth LP, "Vol 4", "Tomorrow's Dream" was issued as a 45 and from then on a steady run of singles followed that showed that, despite SABBATH's initial dislike, many of their songs did lend themselves well to the format.

Jesus Bless
        Last edited by BACK TO EDEN; 04-14-2018, 05:44 AM. Reason: Results .....

Comment

FROM "The Listen" ....

Could we do a 3 set contest , giveaway - for 3 winners here on BSO , for this baby here - https://www.loudersound.com/news/bla...ingles-box-set

Let us know ,, even an idea for the contest would be kool ,, for all the correct reasons - not the gossip of Wonder Woman's past and her Merry Followers ,, but because we LOVE The Sabbath and each other .... let's come up with some Kool idea's ,,, if not , well , I'll have 3 extra sets

God Bless Sabbath maniacs

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
            FROM "The Listen" ....

Could we do a 3 set contest , giveaway - for 3 winners here on BSO , for this baby here - https://www.loudersound.com/news/bla...ingles-box-set

Let us know ,, even an idea for the contest would be kool ,, for all the correct reasons - not the gossip of Wonder Woman's past and her Merry Followers ,, but because we LOVE The Sabbath and each other .... let's come up with some Kool idea's ,,, if not , well , I'll have 3 extra sets

God Bless Sabbath maniacs

Thanks for answering Doc, I though I read Evil Woman there for a second, my mind is always on Sabbath!

I don't have any ideas for the contest, I just bought me a copy of this beautiful release, can't wait to get it!!!!

Comment

Anyone here buy this off of Pledgemusic, and has anyone received a notification of shipment from them?

The fulfillment date is the eighth of June, today is the 4th, they usually ship these things so they arrive on the release date, I haven’t gotten any notices.

Comment

Ugh, how many times can they churn out the same old stuff?
                http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
                http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
                http://pike.bandcamp.com
                http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
                http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

Comment

[QUOTE=Ala;444534]Ugh, how many times can they churn out the same old stuff?[/QUOTE

You are so right!

Comment

It’s been pushed back to June 13th instead of the 8th, just got an update.

Comment

[QUOTE=sellingmysoul;444535]
                      Originally posted by Ala View Post
                      Ugh, how many times can they churn out the same old stuff?[/QUOTE

You are so right!
                      Originally posted by Ala View Post
                      Ugh, how many times can they churn out the same old stuff?
                      They keep churning it out, I’ll keep buying it.

Comment

Bullshit this has been pushed back, pissed me off.
                        Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 06-05-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Ok, i understand the fact that Ozzy era is the best and for most people the most defining of the Black Sabbath name but i find really tiring the fact that the re-releases are centered around the Ozzy stuff and the other eras of the band, are erasing in people's mind's. It is sad the fact that the Ozzy stuff is having constant re-releases while the Martin era of the band is erased because the albums of that era are out of print and i dont see an interest in re-releasing. I mean, i understand the fact that the band retired from the business with the original (at least the 3/4) lineup on the wheel but i think this is a great opportunity to remember the whole history of the band and not only the first 10 years.

Comment

They released The Rules Of Hell boxset, the Dio era.

Comment

Yes, we have the re-releases and the compilations of the Dio era but again we have NOTHING from the Martin era except from the Eternal Idol album. Come on guys... I know is the least favorite Sabbath era for many people but it is having some good songs that must be revisited in People's minds.
                              I expect something special for the Martin era for example a box set, the re-release of the Martin era albums. I hope that next year, it is a great purpose to release the Martin stuff because 2019 is Headless cross albums 30th anniversary. It is the best of the Martin era so it will be a pity to have this opportunity wasted.
                              We all love the Ozzy and the Dio stuff but Tony Martin era, deserves a second chance....

Comment

Working...
                              X