Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Supersonic Years (Singles Box)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supersonic Years (Singles Box)

After the quite beautifully done Ten Year War box, this box is truly disappointing in terms of quality.

The sleeves are reprinted in somewhat poor color, the paper stock is awful ... just not impressive. For most of the singles they have just used the cover from one country's issue on the front and another on the back, so they aren't even really as issued.

This box is not worthy of the Sabbath name, IMO. It' s not that it is strictly a "cash in" because the story of Sabbath doing singles is an odd history that is worth telling; with them refusing for about two years after "Paranoid" to do them and announcing in the British press that they didn't want the type of fans who were screaming at concerts after it became a hit. The problem isn't the idea of such a box but is instead the quality of this presentation. I'd rather spend $100 and get more proper reproduction of singles covers that might be expensive to own in their original form.

The Ten Year War box may not be my cup of tea in terms of its sonics, but the quality and care which went into it was far better. Some of the covers may not have been as sharp as originals, but they were not that far off, and the hardcover book and reproduced '78 Promo booklet were stunningly good. Then you had to Seattle '72 poster, and all the albums came with exact inserts, inners, poster for MoR and so forth ...
    "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
    -WTB

Hi Jeff,
    good to see you back posting, I started a thread for this item already, here is the link:
    https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/sho...l=1#post443922
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      Hi Jeff,
      good to see you back posting, I started a thread for this item already, here is the link:
      https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/sho...l=1#post443922
      Thanks, brother.

I will post in that thread. Somehow I missed it ...
      "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
      -WTB

Comment

Working...
      X