Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Ozzy didn't have fun on Black Sabbath tour

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
    Tony and Tony ! Nice!!
    That's the best news!

    Comment


    • #17
      Tony confirming he is working on a remix of “Forbidden” is GREAT news!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by LouiST View Post
        http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ton...hs-final-tour/

        Tony thinks the quote might be taken out of context.
        Thanks for the article LouiST, also great to read that Tony is working on Forbidden.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

        Comment


        • #19
          I guess Ozzy said this in his interview buy Rolling Stone... it's really sad to say the least...
          "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
          R. Blackmore

          Comment


          • #20
            As much as I have "defended" Ozzy when I felt it was deserved in the past, this is just unbelievable and truly pathetic.

            Guess what, Ozzy: Maybe Tony and Geezer didn't have much "fun" on the nights they had to carry the entire show because you were singing so off-key that it was cringe-inducing?

            Maybe many of us fans didn't "have fun" as you yelled the same tired, now clichéd stuff over the musical sections that we all hold so very dear? Maybe we endured it because of what you once were as a front man in the seventies and we tried to go along with your tired act because you've aged with your own set of challenges and we try to be empathetic?

            God forbid Tony would tell you what many of us fans have been thinking for years. When Tony Iommi is soloing, you pretty much need to SFTU. Not doing so may add to your fun, but it's at the expense of a lot other people's. I'm not talking about a hard fast rule here as Sabbath has always been about excitement and energy live, but since the Reunion-era you have been WAY over the top with the "let's go crazy" clown act. Some of us don't care how you approach it in your solo career, because some of us don't really care about your solo career. But in Sabbath, it got old, and many of us enjoyed the last couple of tours even more because it had been dialed back a bit.
            "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
            -WTB

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Jeff View Post
              As much as I have "defended" Ozzy when I felt it was deserved in the past, this is just unbelievable and truly pathetic.

              Guess what, Ozzy: Maybe Tony and Geezer didn't have much "fun" on the nights they had to carry the entire show because you were singing so off-key that it was cringe-inducing?

              Maybe many of us fans didn't "have fun" as you yelled the same tired, now clichéd stuff over the musical sections that we all hold so very dear? Maybe we endured it because of what you once were as a front man in the seventies and we tried to go along with your tired act because you've aged with your own set of challenges and we try to be empathetic?

              God forbid Tony would tell you what many of us fans have been thinking for years. When Tony Iommi is soloing, you pretty much need to SFTU. Not doing so may add to your fun, but it's at the expense of a lot other people's. I'm not talking about a hard fast rule here as Sabbath has always been about excitement and energy live, but since the Reunion-era you have been WAY over the top with the "let's go crazy" clown act. Some of us don't care how you approach it in your solo career, because some of us don't really care about your solo career. But in Sabbath, it got old, and many of us enjoyed the last couple of tours even more because it had been dialed back a bit.
              \m/ Well said!

              MY hope is Ozzy may just be using these statements as clickbait to raise interest.

              Comment


              • #22
                U kno what i'd think would be great? Sabbath with Ozzy as a vocalist. Give or take...

                Comment


                • #23
                  If it wasn't for the money, I sincerely doubt Tony and Geezer would have had anything to do with Ozzy.

                  It's a shame Ozzy can't help but let his true colors shine even now in his dotterage.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Jeff
                    Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                    As much as I have "defended" Ozzy when I felt it was deserved in the past, this is just unbelievable and truly pathetic.

                    Guess what, Ozzy: Maybe Tony and Geezer didn't have much "fun" on the nights they had to carry the entire show because you were singing so off-key that it was cringe-inducing?

                    Maybe many of us fans didn't "have fun" as you yelled the same tired, now clichéd stuff over the musical sections that we all hold so very dear? Maybe we endured it because of what you once were as a front man in the seventies and we tried to go along with your tired act because you've aged with your own set of challenges and we try to be empathetic?

                    God forbid Tony would tell you what many of us fans have been thinking for years. When Tony Iommi is soloing, you pretty much need to SFTU. Not doing so may add to your fun, but it's at the expense of a lot other people's. I'm not talking about a hard fast rule here as Sabbath has always been about excitement and energy live, but since the Reunion-era you have been WAY over the top with the "let's go crazy" clown act. Some of us don't care how you approach it in your solo career, because some of us don't really care about your solo career. But in Sabbath, it got old, and many of us enjoyed the last couple of tours even more because it had been dialed back a bit.
                    Jeff with all due respect I don’t think Ozzy meant what he said in the way that he said it, I think what he meant was that in his solo career he’s more free to do what he wants as he’s the boss, where in Sabbath he has to follow a stricter routine in order to benefit the others performances, I honestly don’t think Ozzy would bash or trash his mates.

                    This is my thought on what was said, I think Tony Iommi is right in that what Ozzy said was taken out of context.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      My concern is did Tony say that to Ozzy, not to talk whatever when I'm soloing... I find that very hard to believe Iommi said that to him... now if it was 1978 and they were all coked up, yea very very likely... but on the last tour I just can not believe that part of Ozzy's statement...
                      "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                      R. Blackmore

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                        My concern is did Tony say that to Ozzy, not to talk whatever when I'm soloing... I find that very hard to believe Iommi said that to him... now if it was 1978 and they were all coked up, yea very very likely... but on the last tour I just can not believe that part of Ozzy's statement...
                        I don’t think Ozzy’d say it unless Tony told him that.
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                          I don’t think Ozzy’d say it unless Tony told him that.
                          then I have to fault Iommi there OID... wasn't necessary IMO...
                          "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                          R. Blackmore

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Unfortunately it seems that every time Ozzy gets out on his own, his ego gets the best of him.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                              then I have to fault Iommi there OID... wasn't necessary IMO...
                              Agreed Wicked.
                              Originally posted by MikeTX View Post
                              Unfortunately it seems that every time Ozzy gets out on his own, his ego gets the best of him.
                              If Iommi told Ozzy not to speak during his solos, I don’t think Ozzy’s the one with the ego.
                              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I can understand Tony wanting Oz to keep quiet during a solo, but to me this is petty stuff as they have been friends forever and are like 2 brothers who complain about one another but truly love each other.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X