Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Ozzy didn't have fun on Black Sabbath tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozzy didn't have fun on Black Sabbath tour

Supposedly, Ozzy said he did not have fun and got bad vibes from Tony and Geezer during Black Sabbath's last tour. If true, could this be the start of Ozzy ruining his friendships with Tony and Geezer like he did with Bill?

This info starts at 1:22 of the video

Ozzy is a fucking disgrace.

The way he and Sharon treated Bill was a disgrace.

I guess they (Tony and Geezer) were hamstrung without Ronnie.

The Osbournes are totally classless.

Comment

I saw about this yesterday. Seems like it came out of nowhere. I was under the impression they had a great time together, both on the "13" tour as well as "The End". Pity it always comes to this. Why can't they just get along?
      http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
      http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
      http://pike.bandcamp.com
      http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
      http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

Comment

A thread like this already exists.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Well, I didn't have fun hearing there was not going to be another BS album after Ozzy insisting there would be. and I didn't have fun learning the hard way that Ozzy was not going to release a 2017 solo album, after insisting he was definitely going to. Oh, and Bill not being on 13 (after it being confirmed that he was) wasn't a helluva lot of fun either, to be honest. Shit happens, Ozzy. Too bad we can't all get paid significantly more than our peers for not having fun.

Comment

I would imagine that Ozzy would be grating on the more sophisticated minds of Iommi/Butler. The shtick is probably really, really tired at near 70 years old, and the constant frustration they must've felt at Ozzy sounding like bbq blue-cheese cat turds every night while handing him, what I imagine, was probably a larger cut than they got, not to mention putting up with his bitch/witch wife...

Yeah, Ozzy, you got some side-eye from some real musicians. Deal with it, clown.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
              A thread like this already exists.
              Yeah, I saw it shortly after posting this. I only checked "The Ozzy Era" forum to see if it had been posted. I didn't check the "Black Sabbath General" forum since this was an Ozzy-era specific Black Sabbath topic

Comment

Good to see the obsessives still out in full force. Ozzy bad singer now that old, Sharon mean ...

FFS, saying that Ozzy sang horribly at every show of the last tour is simply ridiculous by any remotely objective standard. The night I saw him in Oakland I would say that he was as good as I have ever seen him. And clips are in abundance on YT making it quite evident that he had a lot of decent nights, a few great nights and a few bad nights.

To the issue at hand; I don't know how literal what Ozzy said happened to be, but if he is having more fun with his solo stuff and being in charge right now, that's great. I think it was an odd comment to make, but Tony also commented that on the final tour he felt a bit detached.

These guys are getting older and they have been old for a long time. Let's hope this ultimately means that they miss the chemistry of all four of them being there. Might be a stage where they are starting to realize they have been "going through the motions" a bit. Whatever "vibe" Ozzy picked up you'd think he'd talk it over with Tony and Geezer, but near as I can tell these guys just don't communicate well at all.
                "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
                -WTB

Comment

Probably would have been strange vibes considering the business of the tour. I’d be really interested to find out what each memver’s share was.

I know the Meet and Greet for the lads was about $2k but $3k if you wanted to see Ozzy. So already a huge disparity there that kind of kills the potential ‘meet the band’ vibe.

I’m surprised Ozzy can pick up any sort of vibes these days. I wonder what Geezer and Tony’s vibes from the Ozzy machine were like.

How much do you reckon Clefutos got paid per show?

Comment

Hmm. Not Ozzy himself speaking. I wonder if this is a fake.
                    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                    Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Apparently, Ozzy said something that was surprising, then the insults began. Damn that evil Ozzy & Sharon! Poor Bill!!!

It would be interesting to hear Ozzy's actual words. A more detailed interview would determine if Ozzy's thoughts changed in the last 18 months. Did Ozzy have those feelings when Black Sabbath was together again during the 13 and End tours? Or, is he comparing those few special years to his current tour and taking a new perspective. Ozzy has always been impulsive, perhaps he is having fun now and is looking back at the expectations and finality for Sabbath tours less favorably now. I know they were enjoying playing together again based on the shows I attended and the excellent quality that the masters delivered. Ozzy, Tony, and Geezer felt the impact of the inability to come to an agreement with Bill and they noticed the change in their schedules and interactions together. In the old days, it was 4 young guys working together and hanging out together. Fast forward 35 years and you have 65+ year old's with separate management, and no pub time together. The Bill story has been beat to death, however it is necessary to acknowledge that Bill physical abilities would not have allowed him to perform full sets for the entirety of a tour schedule. A one-off, a few songs, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
                        Apparently, Ozzy said something that was surprising, then the insults began. Damn that evil Ozzy & Sharon! Poor Bill!!!

It would be interesting to hear Ozzy's actual words. A more detailed interview would determine if Ozzy's thoughts changed in the last 18 months. Did Ozzy have those feelings when Black Sabbath was together again during the 13 and End tours? Or, is he comparing those few special years to his current tour and taking a new perspective. Ozzy has always been impulsive, perhaps he is having fun now and is looking back at the expectations and finality for Sabbath tours less favorably now. I know they were enjoying playing together again based on the shows I attended and the excellent quality that the masters delivered. Ozzy, Tony, and Geezer felt the impact of the inability to come to an agreement with Bill and they noticed the change in their schedules and interactions together. In the old days, it was 4 young guys working together and hanging out together. Fast forward 35 years and you have 65+ year old's with separate management, and no pub time together. The Bill story has been beat to death, however it is necessary to acknowledge that Bill physical abilities would not have allowed him to perform full sets for the entirety of a tour schedule. A one-off, a few songs, maybe.
                        Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                        Good to see the obsessives still out in full force. Ozzy bad singer now that old, Sharon mean ...

FFS, saying that Ozzy sang horribly at every show of the last tour is simply ridiculous by any remotely objective standard. The night I saw him in Oakland I would say that he was as good as I have ever seen him. And clips are in abundance on YT making it quite evident that he had a lot of decent nights, a few great nights and a few bad nights.

To the issue at hand; I don't know how literal what Ozzy said happened to be, but if he is having more fun with his solo stuff and being in charge right now, that's great. I think it was an odd comment to make, but Tony also commented that on the final tour he felt a bit detached.

These guys are getting older and they have been old for a long time. Let's hope this ultimately means that they miss the chemistry of all four of them being there. Might be a stage where they are starting to realize they have been "going through the motions" a bit. Whatever "vibe" Ozzy picked up you'd think he'd talk it over with Tony and Geezer, but near as I can tell these guys just don't communicate well at all.
                        This seems to be an ongoing case, people bitching and complaining, Ozzy can’t sing Ozzy and Sharon are evil despicable people, etc.....

The Guy is almost 70 years old and still up there doing it, and sounds great and as far as Sharon goes she’s his wife and a smart business woman, it’s why we still have Ozzy and I love her for it, God bless her and Ozzy.

Makes me wonder if these people even like Sabbath or just love to hate Ozzy and his wife.

I’m grateful to have Ozzy and the rest of Sabbath alive and with us and also for 13 and hope they live healthy a lot longer and that goes for Sharon.

Love Ozzy and Sabbath and Sharon!!!!! God bless them all and love them all!!!!
                        Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 09-19-2018, 03:18 PM.
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Well, I didn't expect this at all, based on the great vibes that I got from the camaraderie of the band during 2011-2016. I guess we were all wrong then.
                          So, was it just "a bunch of guys moaning for money?" and not fun at all? I know I had fun and that's the whole point that we the fans can have a good time by seeing the show delivered by our metal heroes.

Ozzy saying he got bad vibes from Tony and Geezer. KK Downing bringing dirty laundry out to the public on a daily basis to promote his book. I just don't like this and I definitely would not like to know about it at all. I mean, what good or even useful does it bring to anyone's table to sling any kind of mud against other band members? I guess it's the fate of us ardent fans to stumble upon and even explore any news or commentaries about favourite bands or artists, be it good stuff or bad shit.

To sum my feelings: Ozzy and KK have now reminded me of how envious I am of those people who are not interested in anything of this sort besides the music itself - those people don't know nor care about anything else than the music that's on records and performed live.

Bah, enough of this bullshit. I've got the floor ticket to Ozzy & Priest shows on Feb 24th 2019. From now on, I don't care about anything else than the shows. Ozzy's bad vibes? KK's frustrations? All I need is the music itself. I've got the albums. I've seen many live shows. I have good vibes from waiting the upcoming shows, so that's all.
                          "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

Comment

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ton...hs-final-tour/

Tony thinks the quote might be taken out of context.
                            Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                            Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                            In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                            The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

Tony and Tony ! Nice!!

Comment

Working...
                              X