Black sabbath - new landmark tribute in birmingham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black sabbath - new landmark tribute in birmingham

Celebrating 50 years of Black Sabbath, West Side business development and the city of Birmingham are proposing with great pride, a new landmark immortalizing the founding fathers of heavy metal in the heart of Birmingham’s city center most dynamic and entertaining destination, Broad Street.Home of Birmingham’s ‘Walk Of Stars’, the new development on Broad street comes as part of West Side district renovation plans aiming to create new significant visitor attractions for both locals and tourists from all around the globe.

Born in Aston, Birmingham England and often cited as the pioneers and the godfathers of heavy metal music, Black Sabbath was founded in 1968 by Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Ozzy Osbourne, and Bill Ward.Defining the main foundations of the genre with groundbreaking timeless classic releases such as Black Sabbath (1970), Paranoid (1970), Master of Reality (1971), Vol 4 (1972) , Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1973) and Sabotage (1975), Black Sabbath inspired millions of fans and musicians around the globe paving the path for many artists and bands that came after them.With over 100 million records sold worldwide, the iconic group was ranked by MTV as the "Greatest Metal Band" of all time and listed by Rolling Stone magazine among the "100 Greatest Artists of All Time." They were honored with many accolades through the years including multiple Grammy awards and inductions into the prestigious UK Music Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

For full press release including all concept and design developments check the following link :
    https://bit.ly/2Dl2k02

Find more info on the story behind the project
    https://bit.ly/2AYaMRc
    Last edited by IRON-MaN; 11-13-2018, 02:31 AM.

Great news IRON-MaN, thanks for the info.

I see you also got the Black Sabbath book Going Through Changes, beautiful book.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      Great news IRON-MaN, thanks for the info.

I see you also got the Black Sabbath book Going Through Changes, beautiful book.
      Cheers! Going Through Changes is cool although I think the band should put a proper dense photography book similar to Led Zeppelin's recent release! I've also just finished reading Martin Popoff's new Sabbath book 'Black Sabbath In the Seventies' , excellent read as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-MaN View Post
        Cheers! Going Through Changes is cool although I think the band should put a proper dense photography book similar to Led Zeppelin's recent release! I've also just finished reading Martin Popoff's new Sabbath book 'Black Sabbath In the Seventies' , excellent read as usual.
        That would be cool IRON-MaN, thanks for the heads up on the new Sabbath Book by Martin Popoff, will have to check it out.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

IRON-MaN I tried looking this new Martin Popoff book on Amazon and Barnes and Noble and can’t find it, do you have a link?

Thank you I appreciate it.

Comment

IRON-MaN I tried looking this new Martin Popoff book on Amazon and Barnes and Noble and can’t find it, do you have a link?

Thank you I appreciate it.
            You can order it straight from his website right here http://www.martinpopoff.com/html/welcome.html

Comment

You can order it straight from his website right here http://www.martinpopoff.com/html/welcome.html
              Thank you IRON-MaN.

Comment

Celebrating 50 years of Black Sabbath, West Side business development and the city of Birmingham are proposing with great pride, a new landmark immortalizing the founding fathers of heavy metal in the heart of Birmingham’s city center most dynamic and entertaining destination, Broad Street.Home of Birmingham’s ‘Walk Of Stars’, the new development on Broad street comes as part of West Side district renovation plans aiming to create new significant visitor attractions for both locals and tourists from all around the globe.

Born in Aston, Birmingham England and often cited as the pioneers and the godfathers of heavy metal music, Black Sabbath was founded in 1968 by Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Ozzy Osbourne, and Bill Ward.Defining the main foundations of the genre with groundbreaking timeless classic releases such as Black Sabbath (1970), Paranoid (1970), Master of Reality (1971), Vol 4 (1972) , Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1973) and Sabotage (1975), Black Sabbath inspired millions of fans and musicians around the globe paving the path for many artists and bands that came after them.With over 100 million records sold worldwide, the iconic group was ranked by MTV as the "Greatest Metal Band" of all time and listed by Rolling Stone magazine among the "100 Greatest Artists of All Time." They were honored with many accolades through the years including multiple Grammy awards and inductions into the prestigious UK Music Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

For full press release including all concept and design developments check the following link :
                https://bit.ly/2Dl2k02

Find more info on the story behind the project
                https://bit.ly/2AYaMRc
                I saw something about this on Facebook and read the linked story. It is just sensational news!

Nice work! You were interviewed quite extensively in the write-up I saw on Birmingham News. Great to have a Sabbath "superfan" (as you were deservedly called) pushing for this kind of thing. Sabbath's music is this important and the years are ticking away. No better time to get this kind of thing accomplished than now!
                "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
                -WTB

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                  I saw something about this on Facebook and read the linked story. It is just sensational news!

Nice work! You were interviewed quite extensively in the write-up I saw on Birmingham News. Great to have a Sabbath "superfan" (as you were deservedly called) pushing for this kind of thing. Sabbath's music is this important and the years are ticking away. No better time to get this kind of thing accomplished than now!
                  Thank you! I've been working hard on this ever Geezer's 'Walk Of Stars' induction back in February, had a full presentation done for Westside BID to propose and present to the board and city council, thanks to the massive efforts by Mike Olley (director of Westside BID) we were able to get all approvals needed and have this Press Release finally out. I had more progressive ideas but had to stick to a more practical and economical development (not to mention something that would actually get approved by the council), the band definitely deserves much more than this but lets say its a great step ahead, I'm sure the success of this project will be quite an eye opener for all those indifferent about the city's extremely rich music culture and the massive potential it holds from a pure touristic and business prospects.

The project have been viewed and approved by all band members and they're quite thrilled about it to say the least! right now we're coordinating with the 4 originals to set a date for the unveiling of the project (hopefully sometime early 2019), so Sabbath fans better buckle up, this will probably be the very last time we see all original 4 reunited and celebrated at their home town in Birmingham , England (their first in the UK since 2005!).
                  Last edited by IRON-MaN; 11-18-2018, 12:07 PM.

Comment

IRON-MaN, thank you for your hard work, you are a true Black Sabbath fan, I know I don’t have to tell you that, your actions speak for themselves.

Comment

IRON-MaN, thank you for your hard work, you are a true Black Sabbath fan, I know I don’t have to tell you that, your actions speak for themselves.
                      Thank you for you kind words, much appreciated

Comment

.... Kudos once again I-M for being a man of action!

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                          .... Kudos once again I-M for being a man of action!

Doc
                          Thank you sir! Its shaping really well now, all detailed drawings for the 'metal bench' have been finalized and it should be going to full production very soon ,I'm also currently coordinating with the city engineers to shake things up on the bridge to enhance the best visual experience possible for both fans and tourists, we're looking for an early date in 2019 but its yet to be confirmed as soon as we hear back from all original 4 band managements! fingers crossed this goes exactly as planned!

Comment

Thank you sir! Its shaping really well now, all detailed drawings for the 'metal bench' have been finalized and it should be going to full production very soon ,I'm also currently coordinating with the city engineers to shake things up on the bridge to enhance the best visual experience possible for both fans and tourists, we're looking for an early date in 2019 but its yet to be confirmed as soon as we hear back from all original 4 band managements! fingers crossed this goes exactly as planned!
                            Great news IRON-MaN, thank you once again!

Comment

Working...
                            X