Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmonica Tab ??????????

Hi

I'm looking for Harmonica Tab off Black Sabbath The Wizard!

Thanks

Re: Harmonica Tab ??????????

So am I! I even bought a harmonica so I could learn "The Wizard", but haven't had much success finding a tab so far. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've sounded it out on my keyboard. What kind of harmonica are you guys using and in what key???? If I can find the right key I can sound it out and get a tab together. I have a C and can play it but an octive too high, my harmonica doesn't have the right notes
      "I want to tell you, yeah
      How Good It Feels
      Sleeping here with you tonight
      And thatís for real"
      -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

You're better off learning it on your own.. by ear. It's a pain trying to figure them out through tabs. When I play the harp for that song, I use a G Harmonica, I'll do my best to tab it out for you..

Before I start, I just wanna say play along with the song, or else you'll never get these tabs to sound the way you want them to.

For the intro exhale in a drawn out manner into 3 and 4 at the same time, and then inhale. Do this twice, but once you inhale the second time around, make one stiff blow into 3 and 4 so it stops suddenly. After you do this twice, do it an additional two times following the same directions as above.

And then, one last time, exhale.. then inhale, then it immediately kicks in..

inhale 3&4, exhale 3, inhale 3&4, inhale 3&4, inhale 4&5, exhale 5, inhale 5&6, exhale 5, inhale 5, exhale 5, exhale 3&4, inhale 2&3.

This is the main part of the harmonica, and the first time it's played it's played 4 times, but varies throughout the rest of the song. The other harmonica parts are, to my perception, a couple of tricks Ozzy uses, which I'm not going to tab because it'll be a bit too difficult to explain. Those of you who really wanna know just need to practice, it'll come to you. Anyway, I hope I tabbed this in a way that you interested can understand.

Again, these tabs are for the G harmonica, so they might vary on any other key of harp.

Enjoy!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, as far as I know, there is no such thing as harmonica tab, so I'm assuming you're looking for either 1) the tab for the harmonica part transcribed for guitar, or 2) the sheet music for the harmonica part.

I *THINK* the harmonica part is transcirbed into guitar tab on the guitar pro file. Download the free version of the Guitar Pro program here: http://www.guitar-pro.com/ and install it. Then go to http://www.mysongbook.com and download the tab file for The Wizard, and open it with the Guitar Pro program. Search for the track that shows how to play the harmonica part, and then you should be able to learn it on the guitar.

If you want to play it actually using a harmonica, well, I'm pretty sure Guitar Pro gives you the standard music notation too. But you'll have to know how the harmonica works, I guess...
          Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

AntiMe have you played with the song and it sound correct, in the correct octave Ozzy is playing?
            "I want to tell you, yeah
            How Good It Feels
            Sleeping here with you tonight
            And thatís for real"
            -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              AntiMe have you played with the song and it sound correct, in the correct octave Ozzy is playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I have, Psycho. The G harp sounds correct to me.

Comment

Sorry to bring this topic back from the ashes but I've found a harmonica tab some time back that I want to share:
                D = Draw B = Blow bb = double bend (sus) = don't know [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Black Sabbath - The Wizard solos
                Key of "D" diatonic played in 2n position in "A":

2D-bb 2D{sus} 2D-bb 2D
                2D-bb 2D{sus} 2D-bb 2D
                2D-bb 2D{sus}
                2D 2D-bb 2D
                2D 3D 4B 4D 4B 3D 2D 2B
                2D 2D-bb 2D
                2D 3D 4B 4D 4B 3D 2D 2B
                2D 2D-bb 2D
                2D 3D 4B 4D 4B 3D 2D 2B
                2D 2D-bb 2D
                2D 3D 4B 4D 4B 3D 2D 2B
                2D{sus}

2D 2D-bb 2D
                2D 3D 4B 4D 4B 3D 2D 2B
                2D 2D-bb 2D
                2D 3D 4B 4D 4B 3D 2D 2B
                2D{sus}

(next part- more of the same)

2D-bb 2D 2D 2D 2D-bb 2D 2D 2D-bb 2D 2D 2D
                2D 3D 4B 4D 3D 2D
                2D 3D 4B 4D 3D 2D
                4D 4D 4D 3D 2D 2D-bb
                4D 4D 4D 3D 2D-bb
                2D 2D 2D-bb 2D 2D 2D 2D-bb 2D 2D 2D
                2D 2D 2D-bb 2D 2D 2D 2D-bb 2D 2D 2D

Comment

>>Sorry to bring this topic back from the ashes

Glad you did, because I play harmonica and I've been getting some emails about this myself recently. I made a post on the subject a while back in the musician section.

The tab from that website is correct, and as it says you need a diatonic harmonica in "D". I don't know why somebody said to use a "G", unless they're playing it in a different key from the original album. At first glance the tab he gave doesn't seem correct either, since you should be able to get the bend as a single note. A "G" harp would have the first two notes, but it doesn't have the C# which you need for the melody part of the harp riff. Though maybe he still gets the song out of the "G" harp somehow, I don't know.

I can sit down with a "D" diatonic and play along with the album, so I stand by the fact that it's a "D" you need (which is what you'd need to play cross-harp in A7 anyway, which is what key the song is in).

The hardest part is that first bend (2 draw, down a whole step). This is a very common blues harp bend, so those who already know how to play can probably do it anyway. But those who are new to playing harp might have a tough time of getting the bending technique down. A great book on the subject that I'd recommend is "Bending the Blues" by David Harp, which most music stores carry for only $5 or $6.

Lee Oskar makes a line of harps with non-standard tunings, including one called the "melody maker" that I think allows you to get all of the notes of the song without bending. I don't know if I'd recommend these though, because like any instrument with alternate tunings you'd be learning the instrument in a "wrong" way. And you'd most likely have to special order the harp anyway. Plus, I think it's the gradual bending of the note (the one you hear in the intro) that gives the riff a real bluesy quality.

I would, however, recommend Lee Oskar's line of normal diatonic haronicas as they're wide available in music stores, have replacable parts, and personally I like their playability and tone.

Comment

I know it's been a few years...The Wizard by Black Sabbath is in the key of D and played in the key of G on the harp

Comment

Its a pretty simple song to do I bought a harp in my teens and self taught myself
                      "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                      R. Blackmore

Comment

Working...
                      X