Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not sure why you forgot about how awesome "Methademic" is...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
    13 is a soulless bore, there's no heart to it and I wish they never made it.

    You guys are off your fucking rockers calling it a masterpiece...there's not one song on it that is "great" let alone a masterpiece.

    I get that it's your respective, honour bound duties to lap this shit up but get real, it's one of the weakest albums to bear the name.
    There is no honor bound duties Wheels, I truly love this album, the bonus tracks, The End everything.

    I remember when I first heard it, the smile I got and remember thinking, this is Sabbath!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

    Comment


    • #17
      Everyone has their opinion but 13 is a great album. I thought it sounded good. I myself would rather listen to 13 over Technical Ecstasy or Never Say Die, to me it sounds more like their earlier stuff.

      Comment


      • #18
        Doc, excellent analysis. The Wheels have fallen off again.

        13 delivered an early Sabbath sound and vibe despite a 35 year gap between 13 and NSD. God is Dead, End of the Beginning, Age of Reason, Season of the Dead, and Damaged Soul are new additions to the list of classic Sabbath songs. The rest of 13 and the End bonus tracks are solid as well. There was simply no way that the combination of Ozzy + Tony + Geezer would fail to create many more instances of greatness. It had been nearly 30 years since I looked forward to a new release nearly as much as 13. I expected a quality album, but I did not dare wish for an album that could rank favorably with the original 8. From the first listen of God Is dead, I knew that the masters overcame time and the loss of Bill, and produced a sound that took me back to Master of Reality. There were no experimental, keyboard heavy tracks, or lighter shades evident on TE and NSD. The heaviness and doom was back with a vengeance! Oh Lord yeah!!

        Comment


        • #19
          "13" may not be on par with Sabbaths greatest moments and it's not an album I frequently revisit. But in my opinion it is still a good album. I'd place it somewhere in the middle of a ranking of all their albums. I dig it and I'm glad they made it.
          http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
          http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
          http://pike.bandcamp.com
          http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
          http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

          Comment


          • #20
            The Devil You Know was a pretty disappointing album too, but it at least had 2 songs that truly did/do rival anything that lineup had done before.

            Can't honestly say anything on 13 is truly great or holds a candle to that lineups previous work...well ok, psycho man and selling my soul, they are on a par I guess.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
              Doc, excellent analysis. The Wheels have fallen off again.

              13 delivered an early Sabbath sound and vibe despite a 35 year gap between 13 and NSD. God is Dead, End of the Beginning, Age of Reason, Season of the Dead, and Damaged Soul are new additions to the list of classic Sabbath songs. The rest of 13 and the End bonus tracks are solid as well. There was simply no way that the combination of Ozzy + Tony + Geezer would fail to create many more instances of greatness. It had been nearly 30 years since I looked forward to a new release nearly as much as 13. I expected a quality album, but I did not dare wish for an album that could rank favorably with the original 8. From the first listen of God Is dead, I knew that the masters overcame time and the loss of Bill, and produced a sound that took me back to Master of Reality. There were no experimental, keyboard heavy tracks, or lighter shades evident on TE and NSD. The heaviness and doom was back with a vengeance! Oh Lord yeah!!
              Sabman, you always say what I'm thinking, I dare not compare it to the Great 8, but I top it in the 10 spot after the Devine 9, making it the Zen ten.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                Sabman, you always say what I'm thinking, I dare not compare it to the Great 8, but I top it in the 10 spot after the Devine 9, making it the Zen ten.
                Great way to put it OiD. I feel the same


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by maestro View Post
                  Great way to put it OiD. I feel the same


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Thanks brother!
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I like the song although the effects on Ozzys vocals drag it down a bit for me. On a related note I loved Tony’s (or was it Geezer?) response to Ozzy being busted for smoking Meth during the “13” sessions. “We didn’t notice anything other than Ozzy was talking a lot”. Ha!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I loved 13 and the EP, What a great ending.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I bought a bootleg-copy of "The End"-EP off eBay and listened to it for the first time yesterday. And I can see why the songs were left off of "13". The songs that ended up on the album, on the standard edition that is, are the best ones, easily. I don't know how much that says about the album or about the end of Sabbath, but that's my two cents anyways.

                        As for ranking "13" among the other albums, I'd put it somewhere in the lower tier. Like their 14th-15th best album or something like that.
                        Last edited by Ala; 03-07-2019, 12:40 AM.
                        http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
                        http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
                        http://pike.bandcamp.com
                        http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
                        http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                          13 is a soulless bore, there's no heart to it and I wish they never made it.

                          You guys are off your fucking rockers calling it a masterpiece...there's not one song on it that is "great" let alone a masterpiece.

                          I get that it's your respective, honour bound duties to lap this shit up but get real, it's one of the weakest albums to bear the name.
                          I think it's far from a masterpiece and really only a mega fan would call it such but I came to enjoy it very much the more I listened. Some of it is certainly nostalgia since everything sounds like something else they did but moreso it's just more Sabbath to listen to. There's only so much and there are countless days I wish there were more. At least it is a doomy, Sabbathy album and they didn't try to do today's crappy metalcore whiny bullshit. 13 is actually better than it should have been.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Ala View Post
                            I bought a bootleg-copy of "The End"-EP off eBay and listened to it for the first time yesterday. And I can see why the songs were left off of "13". The songs that ended up on the album, on the standard edition that is, are the best ones, easily. I don't know how much that says about the album or about the end of Sabbath, but that's my two cents anyways.

                            As for ranking "13" among the other albums, I'd put it somewhere in the lower tier. Like their 14th-15th best album or something like that.
                            Not even Season Of The Dead?
                            "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                            "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                            ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                              Not even Season Of The Dead?
                              No, that EP was a huuuuuge dissapointment.
                              http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
                              http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
                              http://pike.bandcamp.com
                              http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
                              http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Ala View Post
                                No, that EP was a huuuuuge dissapointment.
                                Wow, sorry you feel that way, I love it, the entire EP.
                                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X