Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

What would your 13 look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would your 13 look like?

Hi!

I have to admit that from the very beginning I have the impression that what songs were selected for 13 is the result of a rather cynical marketing than artistic vision.

That's why I wanted to ask what would your dream 13 look like, if you had to choose 8 of all 16 published compositions?

If such a topic appeared earlier, I am very sorry for that.

My would be:

01. Methademic (without intro)
    02. Peace of mind
    03. God is dead
    04. Loner
    05. Naivete in black
    06. Age of reason
    07. Live forever
    08. Pariah

Last edited by Rainblind; 04-09-2019, 05:05 AM.

I'll go with

Side 1
    1) Naivete in Black 3:50
    2) Damaged Soul 7:51
    3) Zeitgeist 4:37
    4) Age of Reason 7:01

Sode 2
    5) Methademic 5:57
    6) Loner 4:59
    7) Pariah 5:34
    8) End of the Beginning 8:05

I don't really know the tracks on The End well enough to include them.
    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

I like it just the way it was released.
      "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
      "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
      ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

1. "End of the Beginning"
        2. "God Is Dead?"
        3. "Loner"
        4. "Zeitgeist"
        5. "Age of Reason"
        6. "Live Forever"
        7. "Damaged Soul"
        8. "Dear Father"

9. "Methademic"
        10. "Peace of Mind"
        11. "Pariah"
        12. "Naïveté in Black"
        13. "Season of the Dead"
        14. "Cry All Night"
        15. "Take Me Home"
        16. "Isolated Man"

Comment

First off, Bill would be on drums. Second, Rodger Bain as producer. Third, some other direction for the album art. As for the order of the songs...here it goes.

1.Methademic
          2.End Of The Beginning
          3.Damaged Soul
          4.Zeitgeist
          5.God Is Dead? (With fade out after guitar solo)
          6.Age Of Reason
          7.Live Forever
          8.Naivete In Black

Comment

I'd leave it as it is. The songs that ended up on the album are the best ones from the sessions. The various bonus tracks and the "The End"-EP got left off for a reason.
            http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
            http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
            http://pike.bandcamp.com
            http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
            http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

Comment

13 - Not a hell of lot different than reality but I had to take out a couple of the more unoriginal tracks and spread them out to give the final product its own identity, which it was seriously lacking with songs like Loner AND Live Forever, and I always thought Damaged Soul would have made a better closer for Sabbath's final album. Dear Father isn't that bad of a closer, but I just don't like it that much. End Of The Beginning would just sound ridiculous as anything other than the opening track. Plus, 13 needed a drug song.

1. End Of The Beginning
              2. God Is Dead?
              3. Isolated Man
              4. Zeitgeist
              5. Age of Reason
              6. Take Me Home
              7. Methademic
              8. Damaged Soul

Extras - None of these belong on either the LP or the EP, imo, but a nice treat for those whose thirst wasn't quite quenched by 13.

9. Loner
              10. Pariah
              11. Cry All Night
              12. Naïveté in Black

The End - A much stronger EP than before, but still kinda the same album but with Live Forever providing a little taste of the past that it was lacking. The LP could certainly spare it. I wanted to put Season of the Dead on 13, but I just can't make it fit. Still a kickass opener for The End, so I left it alone.

13. Season Of The Dead
              14. Live Forever
              15. Peace Of Mind
              16. Dead Father
              Last edited by Tromafreak; 04-13-2019, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzyandharriet View Post
                First off, Bill would be on drums.
                I think that’s something everyone would want, that goes without saying.
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

I would leave it just like it is and I enjoyed the End EP, I just wish they had played more of the songs on the tour and had considered having Brad wilk play drums on tour.

Comment

I was just listening to 13 the other day and turned a friend on who was playing his old Sabbath records and he'd never heard it. He loves it...

There's only one thing I'd change on 13 and it's the songs sequence, ONE SIMPLE change is take End Of The Beginning put it as the last song and take Dear Father and put it 2nd..that changes the whole feel of the album for the better IMO. EOTB has that majestic album closer feel to it and it's lyrics are perfect to end the album...DF is specific to Catholic Priest abuse its a god song but has not rhyme or reason to be the album closer...it's not that dynamic...For the life of me I can't understand how Rick Ruben decided on that song sequence but here's where Iommi should have stepped in or all 3 and said no here's how we want it..

The only other song I's consider swapping EOTB for and make that the closer would be Age Of Reason...putting DF in it's place
                    Last edited by Wicked Cricket; 04-12-2019, 11:29 AM.
                    "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                    R. Blackmore

Comment

I'd have them do it in 1993, when they should have done the reunion album.

I'd forbid rubbish like doom gloom tomb womb.

I'd make sure Bill got a say in the direction of the music too.

Imagine:
                      Ozzy (Ozzmosis vocals)
                      Tony and Geezer (Cross Purposes)
                      Bill (When The Bough Breaks)

hell, even Rick Rubin was churning out good shit then-they were all at the height of their powers.
                      Last edited by Wheels Of Confusion; 04-13-2019, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sellingmysoul View Post
                        I would leave it just like it is and I enjoyed the End EP, I just wish they had played more of the songs on the tour and had considered having Brad wilk play drums on tour.
                        Sellingmysoul, I love 13 and The End EP, absolutely love them, they get regular spins very often, and like you I also wish they would've played more of the new songs live, I was listening to a boot yesterday from the March 31st, 2014-Barclays Center, Brooklyn N.Y. show where they played Age Of Reason, End Of The Beginning and God Is Dead?, and it was great, enjoyed listening to that immensely.

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
                        I'd have them do it in 1993, when they should have done the reunion album.

I'd forbid rubbish like doom gloom tomb womb.

I'd make sure Bill got a say in the direction of the music too.

Imagine:
                        Ozzy (Ozzmosis vocals)
                        Tony and Geezer (Cross Purposes)
                        Bill (When The Bough Breaks)

hell, even Rick Rubin was churning out good shit then-they were all at the height of their powers.
                        I wish they would've continued to record from that period onwards till today, imagine all the great Sabbath albums we would've got!

Comment

1. Methademic
                          2. God Is Dead
                          3. Pariah
                          4. Age Of Reason
                          5. Zeitgeist
                          6. Loner
                          7. Damaged Soul
                          8. Naïveté in Black
                          9. End Of The Beginning

Comment

Originally posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post
                            1. Methademic
                            2. God Is Dead
                            3. Pariah
                            4. Age Of Reason
                            5. Zeitgeist
                            6. Loner
                            7. Damaged Soul
                            8. Naïveté in Black
                            9. End Of The Beginning
                            God Is Dead? is classic Sabbath, with galloping and all, always loved that song from the first listen till today, I know a lot of people say they don't like it, so I've heard anyway, but can't imagine why.

Pariah and Zeitgeist two other favorites off that album, Pariah is also classic Sabbath to my ears.

Comment

1. Methademic
                              2. End Of The Beginning
                              3. Live Forever
                              4. God Is Dead?
                              5. Zeitgeist
                              6. Age Of Reason
                              7. Pariah
                              8. Season Of The Dead
                              Last edited by MikeTX; 04-26-2019, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X