Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

It's 2019 and I'm still 100% convinced...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's 2019 and I'm still 100% convinced...

That Bill Ward sang "Planet Caravan" and "Solitude"

I do not know why the band will not admit this...it may just totally boil down to an inside joke that they vowed never to blow the punchline?

Both tracks resemble nothing of Ozzy's voice, yet totally make you think of Bill's on "It's Alright" and his solo record(s).

I just don't know of any "better" proof than listening to them.

Look: Dio slipped between a few different modes...think "Rainbow Eyes" versus "Rainbow in the Dark" but you can still tell it's Dio, the entire vocal imprint doesn't change.

We all know Ozzy is not a "Singer" but a performer...there's simply no way Ozzy has the ability to completely lose his sound *while at the same time managing to sound entirely like Bill Ward* the odds are astronomical.

Occam's Razor insists the band simply doesn't admit the truth about who sang those songs for reasons we are not privy to.

Convince me otherwise?

Thanks.

It’s Ozzy on both those tracks, they sound like Ozzy.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      Itís Ozzy on both those tracks, they sound like Ozzy.
      Yeah. I always could hear Ozzy on those songs. Different yes, but definitely the Ozzman

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It doesn't sound like Bill at all.

It sounds different, because unlike the vast majority of songs Ozzy has performed on, with Sabbath or otherwise, he is deliberately singing soft and delicately.
        Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

Yeah, no...not convinced. It does not sound like Ozzy; it does sound like Bill Ward. Like I said, a person can sing soft and delicate and still sound like themselves. I'm just hearing the party line here. Again, I believe the band simply does not admit the truth for some reason we do not know or can even guess.

Does anyone have any personal evidence that Ozzy sang these tracks?

Comment

Ozzy is singing these songs ! It doesnt sound like Bill at all. I am 100 % sure about that. No question about that at all.

Comment

It sounds like Ozzy,i think Bill has a darker voice.

Comment

I disagree. I think it definetly sounds like Ozzy. I never understood all the arguments that it's not him.
                http://struggle021hc.bandcamp.com
                http://www.facebook.com/struggle021hc
                http://pike.bandcamp.com
                http://www.facebook.com/PikeSweden
                http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

Comment

William YOUR DELERIOUS.. it's Ozzy no question about it
                  "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                  R. Blackmore

Comment

I can't believe it, the band that I thought I knew for over 38 years was a sham! Now that this elaborate ruse has been exposed, many more myths will be debunked. For example, Tony managed to hide the fact that Bill did not play on several Sabbath songs, it was in fact Bonzo Bonham.

Comment

Guys , let's cut William a little slack ,, he was one of the few involved in the BSO "fiascos" who remained part of our Sabbath family .... and yes his post at times cause some hard feelings for people ,,,, BUT lots of times his actions cause some well needed traffic .... so kudos to "The Bloody" ....

Many people here , at one time or another , I'm sure have asked themselves the same question William is throwing out there .... I know this myself , because new , and long standing Sabbath fans have asked me this very question ..... ESPECIALLY after hearing "She's Gone" - sounding like Ozzy ,,, and then finding out Bill sings both "It's Alright" and "Swinging The Chain" ... makes sense right ??

..... With that being said ,, both "PC" and "Solitude" are in fact Ozzy on vocals .... William , a thought for you - Get both the PARANOID and MOR Delux releases and go to the out-takes section ,, find and listen to both "PC" and "Solitude" out-takes ,, this will do 2 immediate things -

1 , it will tell you whoever sang these two tracks on the finished product , is in fact the very same person from these out-takes ... enunciation , texture , delivery , and feel are identical.

2 , that it is without doubt Ozzy on both out-takes , therefore , you have your answer.

.... to a far lesser extent , even "Zeitgeist" lends credence to it being Ozzy on "PC".
                      Last edited by BACK TO EDEN; 04-25-2019, 08:49 PM. Reason: God Bless Sabbath maniacs!!

Comment

Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
                        That Bill Ward sang "Planet Caravan" and "Solitude"

I do not know why the band will not admit this...it may just totally boil down to an inside joke that they vowed never to blow the punchline?

Both tracks resemble nothing of Ozzy's voice, yet totally make you think of Bill's on "It's Alright" and his solo record(s).

I just don't know of any "better" proof than listening to them.

Look: Dio slipped between a few different modes...think "Rainbow Eyes" versus "Rainbow in the Dark" but you can still tell it's Dio, the entire vocal imprint doesn't change.

We all know Ozzy is not a "Singer" but a performer...there's simply no way Ozzy has the ability to completely lose his sound *while at the same time managing to sound entirely like Bill Ward* the odds are astronomical.

Occam's Razor insists the band simply doesn't admit the truth about who sang those songs for reasons we are not privy to.

Convince me otherwise?

Thanks.
                        Man, I'm going to throw you some support here. I have never been satisfied that these songs, especially 'Solitude', is Ozzy's voice.

How can the rest of you guys suggest it sounds like Ozzy? It's a clean, clear and controlled voice with a warm timbre to it. Ozzy's is so unique and with a touch of the abrasive to it. It really doesn't sound like Ozzy.

No matter how many times I listen to them I just can't help but think how it simply doesn't sound like Ozzy.

Look, I could be wrong, and it may well be, but I have serious doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                          Man, I'm going to throw you some support here. I have never been satisfied that these songs, especially 'Solitude', is Ozzy's voice.

How can the rest of you guys suggest it sounds like Ozzy? It's a clean, clear and controlled voice with a warm timbre to it. Ozzy's is so unique and with a touch of the abrasive to it. It really doesn't sound like Ozzy.

No matter how many times I listen to them I just can't help but think how it simply doesn't sound like Ozzy.

Look, I could be wrong, and it may well be, but I have serious doubts.
                          Phew, finally, someone gets it! I can't even believe BTE threw "Zeitgeist" into the mix as evidence because nothing sounds more like Ozzy Osburne than bloody Zeitgeist! lol. In fact, Zeitgeist is more to my point. They were clearly trying to emulate Planet Caravan with that track, and Ozzy sounds *nothing* like the singer on PC.

I *have* listened to the outtakes of both songs and I still do not hear Ozzy Osbourne on those tracks.

Again, I don't know why the Party line is that Ozzy sang them. Maybe Ozzy was so stoned he thought he did? So the guys just went with it and will never spoil the joke?

I thank you Backtoeden for the support, not real sure what the BSO incident was and I do not recall being involved with such a thing. However, I've been around as long as the internet and I'mn pretty sure I found my way here pretty quickly.

And yeah, there are a ton of fans, both casual and hard-core, that believe it's not Ozzy on these tracks, or are undecided.

I implore you all to understand that just because a band says something about themselves doesn't make it true, it just means it's what they want you to think about them or their work.

And again, just to illustrate: RJD sang "An Angel Is Missing" in the late 50's/early 60's. He's not trying to sound metal, he's being soft and delicate and he's at least 10 years younger than we're used to hearing him...but I'll be effed if you can't go, immediately, "Well gosh, there's RJD right there!"

Comment

Phew, finally, someone gets it! I can't even believe BTE threw "Zeitgeist" into the mix as evidence because nothing sounds more like Ozzy Osburne than bloody Zeitgeist! lol. In fact, Zeitgeist is more to my point. They were clearly trying to emulate Planet Caravan with that track, and Ozzy sounds *nothing* like the singer on PC.
                            William , I think we can agree "Zeitgeist" is a part 2 for "PC" ,, tho I do have my theory why Zeitgeist is actually a prequel for PC .... anyway with that being said , no matter how you look at it , Zeitgeist is deliberately cut from the same cloth as PC on PURPOSE ..... they would have never choose this direction if PC was NOT sung by Ozzy to begin with ,,,, hence no "It's Alright" / "Swinging The Chain" references on "13" .... and for it's time (76) "It's Alright" was as well thought of as "PC" was in the early 70s.

..... again I'm just trying to give some examples ,,, and Zeitgeist was the weaker of my 2 examples , but the fact that this example even exist should help clear up the "is this Ozzy" thought process .... 'anywho' , being a musician yourself , the 2 outtakes are blatantly Mr. Osbourne.

..... lastly ,, I was trying to use examples to get you there .... but , examples aside , I assure you I have much evidence in my Sabbath collection that both "PC" and "Solitude" are Ozzy.

God Bless

Comment

Does anyone have any personal evidence that Ozzy sang these tracks?
                              Do you have any personal evidence he didn't?

Like I said, a person can sing soft and delicate and still sound like themselves.
                              So because someone can, means no one ever can do the opposite? It's literally impossible?

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                              I have never been satisfied that these songs, especially 'Solitude', is Ozzy's voice.

How can the rest of you guys suggest it sounds like Ozzy? It's a clean, clear and controlled voice with a warm timbre to it.
                              I don't know if you meant something completely different than I am thinking, but the vocals on Solitude sound anything but "controlled" to me. He very much sounds like he's semi-struggling especially in the higher sections.

And the vibrato at the end of the line "when I begged you to stay" reminds me a lot of the same vibrato used on the ends of most of the lines from the War Pigs verses. Not that they're just vibrato in each instance, but the vibrato in one song sounds like it's coming from the same person in the other song.

And finally (I could have sworn I already posted this, but it doesn't look like it showed up, so here it goes again),

why does this thread even exist? After reading his responses after the OP, it is quite evident that William's mind is already made up and nothing is going to change it.
                              Last edited by Icy Sun; 04-27-2019, 07:53 AM.
                              Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

Working...
                              X