Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Secret Missing Lost Black Sabbath Song.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackSabbathOddities View Post
    Weevil Woman was written after the Jim Simpson era, he would have no memory of it. My speculation is that Weevil Woman was just scrapped. It isn't really good. I used to believe it wasn't even real. When the official release came out I was proven wrong. I personally believe Weevil Woman was just scrapped because though it has a lot of potentials, it wasn't complete and needed a lot of work done.
    I thought Weevil Woman was done in parody gesture towards them having to record the cover song Evil Woman, which they weren't fond of doing, but were made to do, to satisfy Jim Simpson, I though I read that somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• BlackSabbathOddities
    replied
    Weevil Woman was written after the Jim Simpson era, he would have no memory of it. My speculation is that Weevil Woman was just scrapped. It isn't really good. I used to believe it wasn't even real. When the official release came out I was proven wrong. I personally believe Weevil Woman was just scrapped because though it has a lot of potentials, it wasn't complete and needed a lot of work done.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by skull View Post
    Do you have a comprehensive list of all songs from this period? Maybe a 'Verified List' and 'Rumored List'.

And what was the deal with songs like Weevil Woman? That just kind of came out of no where. Makes you wonder.
    I'm still holding out for Song For Jim w/lyrics, perhaps this is the surprise Sharon was talking about when asked about her husband releasing an album after this tour, unreleased Sabbath songs, she bought the rights to.

Leave a comment:

• skull
    replied
    I still have not received a message from Jim as of July 22, 2019

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Do you have a comprehensive list of all songs from this period? Maybe a 'Verified List' and 'Rumored List'.

And what was the deal with songs like Weevil Woman? That just kind of came out of no where. Makes you wonder.

Leave a comment:

• BlackSabbathOddities
    replied
    I still have not received a message from Jim as of July 22, 2019

Leave a comment:

• BlackSabbathOddities
    replied
    I'm not an extreme fanatic of the Dio era. Anything on YouTube is all that I am aware of

Leave a comment:

• skull
    replied
    Hey BLACKSABBATHODDITIES,
    Do you have a complete list of songs? Any from the Dio era?

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
    Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio
    I think it’s more like this Ted:

1. Song For Jim (instrumental)
    2. Song For Jim (with 'scratch' vocals)
    3. Song For Jim (live, without vocals)

If I’m wrong Doc can correct me.

Thank you very much OID and BTE.

Ted
    Ted my good brother, anytime.

Leave a comment:

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Still no reply from Jim yet. I've asked and accounted for everyone in this thread. I suppose he is busy seeing he was with a couple of bands according to his online media. I will update any speculation or responses. I also want to reassure everyone that I am definitely in contact with the real Jim Simpson, everything is 100% legit. I do not want to leak anything that could be an invasion of his privacy, but if anyone doesn't believe me, I will be more than happy to show any proof I can, as long as it doesn't invade his privacy. Everything I have told you has come from his responses. No added speculation unless noted. I hope we can get more info to uncover more of early Sabbath
    BlackSabbathOddities, no need to prove anything brother, like Doc says we believe you.

Thank you for keeping us supplied with valuable Sabbath info.

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by ronn View Post
    How can Jim not know that a full version of WICD is out there, head scratcher
    Jim was focused more on the bigger ideas at the time , not the little details , and now with so much that has happened obviously since the late 60s , things like "WICD" and "A Song For Jim" become even more distant in his brain and thoughts.

Some of Ward's answers on these early non tracks are just as fascinating of a "head scratcher".

Still no reply from Jim yet. I've asked and accounted for everyone in this thread. I suppose he is busy seeing he was with a couple of bands according to his online media. I will update any speculation or responses. I also want to reassure everyone that I am definitely in contact with the real Jim Simpson, everything is 100% legit. I do not want to leak anything that could be an invasion of his privacy, but if anyone doesn't believe me, I will be more than happy to show any proof I can, as long as it doesn't invade his privacy. Everything I have told you has come from his responses. No added speculation unless noted. I hope we can get more info to uncover more of early Sabbath
    My good brother , your answers 100% prove your talking to the REAL Jim , I know how he would respond and what your putting down is exactly spot on ..... KUDOS to a job well done for BSO!

Leave a comment:

• BlackSabbathOddities
    replied
    Update 2/28/19

Leave a comment:

• Ted Sallis
    replied
    Originally Posted by OzzyIsDio

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    100% correct my brother , and the live version is more than once.
    God Bless Sabbath maniacs!
    Thank you very much OID and BTE.

Ted

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    If what you're saying is true, then it is white strange that Jim has little to no recollection of a lyrical version of the song. I have asked him again along with other questions about the song, curious to know what he says. I asked yesterday, hoping for a response soon. Talking about a lyrical version of A Song For Jim sounds excellent. Hey, Doc, if you can somehow come in possession or possibly purchase the lyrical version of the song, I would gladly pitch in to help. This is something I've wanted to see for almost 6 years. Do you have any recollection or memory of the melody, lyrics, or solos? Was there a drum solo? How long was it? You have any information you'd be willing to share?
    Tell you what , let us know what Jim says to your new questions and will go from there .... What I will say is that it absolutely exist along with a complete version of WICD ,,,, Both the instrumental and "lyrical" versions are NOT for purchase as of this moment , and the price is too high for my world on WICD , but I love your passion and this thread - KUDOS!

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

100% correct my brother , and the live version is more than once.

God Bless Sabbath maniacs!

Leave a comment:

• BlackSabbathOddities
    replied
    If what you're saying is true, then it is white strange that Jim has little to no recollection of a lyrical version of the song. I have asked him again along with other questions about the song, curious to know what he says. I asked yesterday, hoping for a response soon. Talking about a lyrical version of A Song For Jim sounds excellent. Hey, Doc, if you can somehow come in possession or possibly purchase the lyrical version of the song, I would gladly pitch in to help. This is something I've wanted to see for almost 6 years. Do you have any recollection or memory of the melody, lyrics, or solos? Was there a drum solo? How long was it? You have any information you'd be willing to share?

Leave a comment:

• Kennyz
    replied
    Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Love everything early Sabbath (Earth) I want more of it.

Love Rock 'n' Roll Doctor, and what I've heard of When I came Down.
    Yes,two great songs thatīs for sure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X