Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Seriously, can anyone verify that Ozzy Osbourne is alive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
    Ozzy has been brain dead for years!
    Wheels you’re always taking cheap shots at Ozzy.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      Wheels youíre always taking cheap shots at Ozzy.
      I'm only kidding, in this instance anyway.
      The guy is like my all time favorite heavy metal singer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
        Well Sharon told Blabbermouth "they" boycotted Grammy award because they didnt televise the even until one week later!

Let me correct you just to clarify because I just read about this and youíve got it wrong, brother.

She insisted Ozzy not attend because she thinks it is fucking joke to have Sabbath on this separate Lifetime Achievement show they have. She felt strongly that this whole tribute should have been part of the Grammys, period.

I admire the fuck out of her stance on this. The Grammys has been pushing rock and metal aside for years. She was very careful in her statement to give mad props to the other artists at the Lifetime Achievement event but argued that Sabbath are still incredibly relevant and had a number one album in many parts of the world just six years ago.

Say what you will about Mrs. O, but she knows her stuff. The Grammys absolutely should have had this be part of the regular show. Most people will accept that this is just the way the Grammys work now but she doesnít. So she told them to take a hike.

Absolutely agree with her. For all the crap she takes, this woman knows the significance of Sabbath and Ozzy in music history, and she doesnít put up with horseshit.
        "It is not opinion that Ozzy peaked on Sabotage, it is a measurable fact."
        -WTB

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
          Let me correct you just to clarify because I just read about this and youíve got it wrong, brother.

She insisted Ozzy not attend because she thinks it is fucking joke to have Sabbath on this separate Lifetime Achievement show they have. She felt strongly that this whole tribute should have been part of the Grammys, period.

I admire the fuck out of her stance on this. The Grammys has been pushing rock and metal aside for years. She was very careful in her statement to give mad props to the other artists at the Lifetime Achievement event but argued that Sabbath are still incredibly relevant and had a number one album in many parts of the world just six years ago.

Say what you will about Mrs. O, but she knows her stuff. The Grammys absolutely should have had this be part of the regular show. Most people will accept that this is just the way the Grammys work now but she doesnít. So she told them to take a hike.

Absolutely agree with her. For all the crap she takes, this woman knows the significance of Sabbath and Ozzy in music history, and she doesnít put up with horseshit.
          Ya , but ..... "Is Ozzy still alive ....?"

Originally posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
          Or what? You'll be really super mad at me?

lol

"Hey, guy, don't use your brain or make observations! It makes me soooo MAD!!!"

Meanwhile, Charles Manson is your avatar.

Wow.
          Your last line made me laugh so hard I cried ..... loved it!

- nothing against you 'Ala'

Comment

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
            Ya , but ..... "Is Ozzy still alive ....?"

Well, that I assumed was already obvious.
            -WTB

Comment

I strongly disagree Jeff. Perception is everything in the music business. To their credit Tony, Geezer, and Bill saw the bigger picture and accepted this honor graciously. Ozzy doesn't and shouldn't have "needed" $haron's approval to attend. In short order, she has nothing to do with Black Sabbath's legacy. NOTHING.

By and large, $haron is an arrogant and ungrateful piece-of-shit. In my opinion, too much credit is given to her for Ozzy's success. The truth is, most of the world had NEVER heard of (or gave a shit about) Sharon ARDEN..... until her last name became OSBOURNE. Fairly or unfairly, rightly or wrongly.

And make no mistake Jeff: any "crap" that she has taken publicly over the years (particularly from 1997 onward) is well-deserved, and self-inflicted. ...

Respect.

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
                I strongly disagree Jeff. Perception is everything in the music business. To their credit Tony, Geezer, and Bill saw the bigger picture and accepted this honor graciously. Ozzy doesn't and shouldn't have "needed" $haron's approval to attend. In short order, she has nothing to do with Black Sabbath's legacy. NOTHING.

By and large, $haron is an arrogant and ungrateful piece-of-shit. In my opinion, too much credit is given to her for Ozzy's success. The truth is, most of the world had NEVER heard of (or gave a shit about) Sharon ARDEN..... until her last name became OSBOURNE. Fairly or unfairly, rightly or wrongly.

And make no mistake Jeff: any "crap" that she has taken publicly over the years (particularly from 1997 onward) is well-deserved, and self-inflicted. ...

Respect.
                I just wrote a few paragraphs in response to this but it appears t didn’t go through. Fucking iPad ...

Bottom line is that we just see this differently. I’m not a fan of Sharon in many ways and don’t necessarily agree with her going public on this, but principle is at stake here and she is absolutely spot on.
                -WTB

Comment

Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post

Respect.

Hear, hear.

Sharon is vile and if anything cops less shit than she deserves.

Comment

I just wrote a few paragraphs in response to this but it appears t didn’t go through. Fucking iPad ...

Bottom line is that we just see this differently. I’m not a fan of Sharon in many ways and don’t necessarily agree with her going public on this, but principle is at stake here and she is absolutely spot on.
                    Agreed on both of your Posts Jeff.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

I seriously doubt that Ozzy has died or that it could be kept a secret for long if he had. Kelly just appeared on $100,000 Pyramid game show (no idea when it was filmed) and she didn't look distressed in any way. Sharon of course is also still regularly on her talk show.

But I also find it curious that there's been zilch from Ozzy (picture, social media post or even a quote) for this long. Makes me wonder if his recovery is behind schedule and they're keeping him away from press so as not to worry promoters of the tour dates in January.

Oh well, nothing we can do but speculate. Hope he's resting comfortably and will be able to hit the stage again next year as scheduled.

Comment

I just wrote a few paragraphs in response to this but it appears t didnít go through. Fucking iPad ...

Bottom line is that we just see this differently. Iím not a fan of Sharon in many ways and donít necessarily agree with her going public on this, but principle is at stake here and she is absolutely spot on.
                        Fair enough, nothing wrong with disagreeing. I'll just add that $haron Osbourne is NOT someone I would call a woman of "principle". Just saying. Thanks for responding.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTX View Post
                          I seriously doubt that Ozzy has died or that it could be kept a secret for long if he had. Kelly just appeared on $100,000 Pyramid game show (no idea when it was filmed) and she didn't look distressed in any way. Sharon of course is also still regularly on her talk show.

But I also find it curious that there's been zilch from Ozzy (picture, social media post or even a quote) for this long. Makes me wonder if his recovery is behind schedule and they're keeping him away from press so as not to worry promoters of the tour dates in January.

Oh well, nothing we can do but speculate. Hope he's resting comfortably and will be able to hit the stage again next year as scheduled.
                          That's my number one concern, is that Ozzy is ok. If something happened to Ozzy, you'd probably find it out quicker than if something happened to the President of the United States, God forbid.

Comment

Remember what Mark Twain said about rumours of his death being "greatly exaggerated?"
                            He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                              That's my number one concern, is that Ozzy is ok. If something happened to Ozzy, you'd probably find it out quicker than if something happened to the President of the United States, God forbid.
                              Actually, I'm a bit worried about your president. He hasn't tweeted in almost five.....oh, it's okay, he just tweeted.

Comment

Working...
                              X